Thieves steal brand new motorbike from salon owner in the Pattaya area

snoop1130

S__8806411-768x432.jpg

Thieves have stolen a brand new motorbike from a salon owner in Banglamung this week, just the latest in what both local residents and law enforcement admit seems to be a series of thefts from a possible organized group.

Ms. Parichart Chatawanich, 36, a salon owner, told The Pattaya News, “My motorbike was stolen on the night of November 2nd. I have already filed a report to the Huayyai Police. However, I wanted to ensure that the local news media also was aware of the report and I wanted to warn other residents so this doesn’t happen to them.”

“I had just bought the motorbike five days prior and it was stolen after I parked it at my home. CCTV footage shows two unidentified men, believed to be Thai, stole my motorbike before speeding away.” Parichart concluded.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/09/thieves-steal-brand-new-motorbike-from-salon-owner-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect the key was left in it.... my Mrs still does that at home, but at least behind a locked gate. I used to use a disc lock religiously around town when my bike was still new... now it is ancient and I rarely bother... but certainly the key is removed and the steering lock is on. 

I suppose she would think it's safe right in front of your sliding door,  hence she leaves the key in the ignition .... most would do the same.  But i'm like you and many others, when something is new, you will lock, secure, chain or whatever for a few months and then that task will slowly ware off. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Poor girl,    why didn't she have an alarm on it.   40 baht for a motion alarm.

I didn't read that she had installed an bike alarm or didn't, or that it activated or wasn't set by her when she parked. Your assumption of her negligence is best answered by her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Would you have a website for that alarm? Sounds great to have.

20 baht shops have them, it's actually a window or door alarm, it works by 2 magnets,  just install it anywhere on the bike in such a way that when the bike is moved it sets the alarm off.

Locks and alarms are no obstacle to a professional tealeaf. You could bolt a scooter to the concrete with MF dynabolts and a sea anchor chain from an aircraft carrier and if somebody wants it bad enough, they'll get it.

It's common practice all over SE Asia (except Thailand) to park your scooter inside the house. Ok, a problem if you live on level 28, but that's what they do in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Philippines. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I suppose she would think it's safe right in front of your sliding door,  hence she leaves the key in the ignition .... most would do the same.  But i'm like you and many others, when something is new, you will lock, secure, chain or whatever for a few months and then that task will slowly ware off. 

The keys were all that she had after they stole it.

Motorbike keys.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kidneyw said:

The keys were all that she had after they stole it.

The technology here is simple, a radio frequency booster (129 baht on Lazada) is used to expand the range on a vehicle’s RFID reader, which means that the motorcycle can read the key’s unique code from a much farther distance than before.

If you park your vehicle close to your keys protect your wireless keys with a simple “EMP pouch” or “Faraday bag”.

For home made protection, put your keys in a thick metal box.

22 hours ago, papa al said:

She's prolly still on the hook payments for a few years.

I've never bought a bike here so want to ask if the shops throw in a years free insurance like they do for cars. If they don't then yep, sounds like an expensive lesson. But if they do this could also be part of a scam, just a thought

• Sad 1