US government is planning to donate 1 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to Thai government, Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry reveals

snoop1130

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

No, the 2nd shipment has already been delivered and has been distributed all over the country. Thais of all ages are receiving Pfizer vaccines now. Two of my relatives received their 1st dose of Pfizer on Monday while another got AZ to be followed with Pfizer as the 2nd dose.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-vaccines/lets-try-that-again-us-to-attempt-another-donation-of-1-million-vaccine-doses

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The fault here is with the US, I believe. This Moderna donation looks to me like one giant face saving gesture after the Thai's spat in the US government's face about  the Tammy Duckworth 1 million Pfizer doses initiative. Now, it looks like the US has come crawling back, begging to be allowed to make a donation. Yet another weak, weak appearance by the State Department. What the US should have done after the Thais turned up their noses at the Duckworth donation is simply refuse to do anything else with Thailand when it comes to Covid. And maybe lock down on a few other things trade related as well. But Uncle Sap will always get played. This is an example of why China is winning. 

but why did they spite Tammy Duckworth initiative as you claim?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

My and my friends 2 doses were from the same batch. i.e. they had the same batch numbers with vacs being just 3 weeks apart. Recently all the local kids over 14 were getting Pfizer jabs too!!????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Could you post where it says the Pfizer vaccines were never delivered? Because they would have long used up all the doses from the initial shipment by now which was months ago. They are offering Pfizer at thousands and thousands of vaccination centers around the country now; from Chiang Rai to Hat Yai. And I noticed that everyone who got the vaccines around he same time as I did in August/September and shared the Lot No's., all had a similar Lot No.'s. The Lot No. from the vaccines my relatives got this week is completely different. Also when the wife went to get Pfizer a few weeks ago, she was told by the head nurse from the health department to come back in around 3 weeks time as they were awaiting more doses from a fresh shipment.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

1.5 million of the same vaccine not approved from Poland only recently, why is that?

This government seems so aloof with the citizens of Thailand's lives.

One mistep after another.

Keystone cops running the show.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Could you post where it says the Pfizer vaccines were never delivered? Because they would have long used up all the doses from the initial shipment by now which was months ago. They are offering Pfizer at thousands and thousands of vaccination centers around the country now; from Chiang Rai to Hat Yai. And I noticed that everyone who got the vaccines around he same time as I did in August/September and shared the Lot No's., all had a similar Lot No.'s. The Lot No. from the vaccines my relatives got this week is completely different. Also when the wife went to get Pfizer a few weeks ago, she was told by the head nurse from the health department to come back in around 3 weeks time as they were awaiting more doses from a fresh shipment.

They are offering Pfizer now because Thailand ordered some and the first 2 million arrived on the 29th Sept. Plenty more to come this month and next. Nothing to do with donations.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-vaccines/2-million-doses-of-government-bought-pfizer-have-arrived-28-million-to-follow

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Someone needs to tell the US Government what happened to the first Moderna shipment. Which arrived a couple weeks ago.  The bulk of the vaccines went to the Thai government and the military.  Only a small percentage got to Thonburi Hospital Group, and this the people who prepaid for Maderna last July.

• Like 1

One article says Thailand has administered 80 million doses and the article next to it says the US is donating 1 million more doses!!!    Why is the US donating more vaccines to Thailand when there are many countries in the world who have not vaccinated anywhere near that amount?

Anyone suspicious of Thailand's figures??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, John Drake said:

The Thais, you mean? That's the million dollar question. I can only speculate. A Thai woman with more political power in a foreign country than the entire Thai elite put together? I'd guess they don't like that. Too, I remember Duckworth saying some vague things in support of the coup originally. (I have posted the link in the past). But she has moved in the opposite direction, now. Maybe that is a factor? Also what are all the behind the scenes complications? The Thais announced they weren't buying anymore Sinovac. At the same time, they're taking delivery on an American vaccine??? Might even be the Thais stupidly trying to balance the US and China again.  All just speculation on my part. No proof. Just open ended thoughts. Anyone else's answer just as good as mine, I suppose.

Yes one can only speculate - but you are on safe ground speculating that somehow loss of face on the part of the comic opera chorus line was involved; along with "inadequate unofficial financial arrangements"...

• Like 2

What about the thousands upon thousands of people who prepaid Moderna shots?  Will the government/military continue to horde Moderna?  Sure, many expats have received Pfizer—but if you have a younger wife or gf—they still push SinoVac for a first shot here in Isaan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

What about the thousands upon thousands of people who prepaid Moderna shots?  Will the government/military continue to horde Moderna?  Sure, many expats have received Pfizer—but if you have a younger wife or gf—they still push SinoVac for a first shot here in Isaan.

Oh I think that you can expect that as long as there is a benefit to the comic opera chorus, in terms of ensuring the "uniform" loyalty of their key support groups, and various "other benefits" then they will continue to control, ration and allocate the "really good stuff" (Moderna)  accordingly.

It is, quite simply, how they work.

Considering that in the USA today there is 47 million active cases of COVID and lots of Americans still

dying each day, but since there are still tons of anti vaxxers who want their freedom, more than life,

the USA has lots of vaccines available to send abroad, before the vaccines expire.

Sadly there are still tons of anti vaxxers in Canada who need their freedoms as well.

Lots of hospitals in the USA and some in Canada that are still cancelling operations because there

are not enough beds and staff to do operations, because of so many people with COVID are filling up the

ICU parts of the hospitals. And that's the rest of the story.

Geezer

10 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Considering that in the USA today there is 47 million active cases of COVID and lots of Americans still

dying each day, but since there are still tons of anti vaxxers who want their freedom, more than life,

the USA has lots of vaccines available to send abroad, before the vaccines expire.

Sadly there are still tons of anti vaxxers in Canada who need their freedoms as well.

Lots of hospitals in the USA and some in Canada that are still cancelling operations because there

are not enough beds and staff to do operations, because of so many people with COVID are filling up the

ICU parts of the hospitals. And that's the rest of the story.

Geezer

According to the Worldmeter chart, the U.S. currently has 9 million active cases...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR1z0sVaC73tqFpb4l9L7-kd05gNtfv6tftjMf9py2GIVjs-fH64qxbAqiA

On 11/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, Isaan sailor said:

IME in Sisaket your statement was true a month ago but now many people are getting the free AZ ist dose/Pfizer 2nd or even Pfizer 1st and 2nd. Days of Sinovac seem to be nearly over in my Isaan province.

• Like 1