Blood Pressure

rott

3 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

It's completely normal. They always check my BP after I've walked form the car park in 40 degree temperatures. It's absurd. I also have severe anxiety in hospital environments.

I walk up 4 flights at the hospital because their elevator is too slow and crowded.

After they take my BP reading, they almost always offer to take it again after I sit for about 10 - 15 minutes. Or else I ask them to do that.

It is almost always back to a normal range on the 2nd reading.

I believe as you note that hospital anxiety is part of the higher initial reading also, even if I'm not consciously aware of that anxiety.

Also I recently bought a BP device with upper arm sleeve from Amazon - I think it was about 35 USD.

Next time I go to the hospital I will bring it and check it against their reading.

Edited by JimmyJ

29 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

You be careful there. I am always reading about some guy who did intense cardio, moderate weight training and checking their pulse several times a day while swigging Olive Oil and they suddenly 'shuffle off this mortal coil'. Then all their friends and colleagues are saying "I can't believe it, he was so fit and healthy".

I am off now for a thick bacon sandwich with dollops of tomato ketchup followed by some Leo later ????????

Wow.  I haven't ate bacon in over 20 years.  Also, I haven't had mayo in over 10 years.  I only drink low fat milk(Sometimes almond milk), drink red wine(kind of tough in LOS when the cheapest bottle is 300 Baht) and my favorite buffet is the Sizzler Salad Bar.  So  my number should be up soon.  Also, my BMI is 22.  Enjoy that bacon sandwich.  I have lived this current lifestyle for over 25  years but I would not recommend anyone who has lived differently to do anything I have been doing since Bubba Clinton left a stain on Monica's dress.  

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I take 10 mg of Madiplot every day, and a glass or two of red wine every night.  Seems to keep my BP in the 130/80 range.

Another posh man drinking red wine! I might have to start looking at this red wine. ????

Never heard of Madiplot, how much is it?

5 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

What did your quack do to diagnose high blood pressure? My BP is ALWAYS in the 150/95 range at hospital. At home it's <= 125/80.

that's white coat syndrome , or rushing to get there and not resting once you arrive.

19 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have been regular consumer of EEVO(Extra Virgin Olive Oil) for over 25 years.  I combined that with intense cardio with moderate weight training and a low fat diet.  This has yielded a consistent 115/75. One bio indicator that we all can check is heart rate.  The ideal is 60 or less bpm.  I do not have a BP machine and I check my pulse several times a day.   

I think EVOO would be better.   LOL

• Like 1

At one time or another I have tried most every home herbal remedy for BP.  Some have impact some do not, for me anyway.  I believe Nacin, Magnesium and organic apple cider vinegar to be most affective for me personally.

However, this is only a "band aid", there is no substitute for getting off my a$$ for daily exercise and limiting food intake to get rid of the chubby body.

YMMV

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

You may not live to be 100, but it could well seem like it - life without a bacon sandwich dear god that's tragic.

I don't care about living to 100.  I care about maintaining good health for as long as possible.  I prefer to stay out of the hospital and not see doctors on a regular basis.  As we all age the body starts to break down.  I would rather not speed the deterioration process.  I have the usual aches, pains and illnesses like most of us who are closing in on old age but I try and maintain what I have.  I do enjoy the occasional cheeseburger, pizza and all other foods that defines me as an American but as the Greeks said :  "Everything in Moderation".  This is just my formula for maintaining overall good health and as a result my BP has been in a good range for years.  When I was in my mid 40's there was about a month when the BP hit 180/100. This was mostly due to stress from work and other areas.  

47 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I think EVOO would be better.   LOL

Ah yes, You are correct. EVOO and not EEVO.  I was drinking some cheap red wine from Rimping at the time(of course cheap red wine in Thailand is 300 Baht($9).  For $9 dollars I could have bought 3 bottles of Charles Shaw wine at Trader Joe's in Los Angeles.  Charles Shaw wine is also known as "2 Buck Chuck".  This is one of the few reasons for going back to the USA.  

• Like 2

Berries are very nutritious but they aren't going to lower your BP...unless in eating them you stop eating something else more fattening and thus lose weight.

While fresh berries are expensive here you can het ftozen ones at not too high a price at Tesco.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Berries are very nutritious but they aren't going to lower your BP...unless in eating them you stop eating something else more fattening and thus lose weight.

While fresh berries are expensive here you can het ftozen ones at not too high a price at Tesco.

try almonds ,they lower bp so i have read ,also cheap and good for you.

The thing about high BP is to find the cause which isn't always easy. 

I have been seeing the cardiologist at a private hospital here every month for investigation. Must have had every test available.

I have an abnormal heart rhythm and enlarged heart, and now on medication to get it under control. Not sure if I would advise against a CT scan as they find things maybe you wouldn't like to know. In my case stones in my gall bladder and 2cm tumour on one of the adrenal glands. 

Prices, 13K for scan, 7K, echo cardio, and EKG, xrays other stuff, medicines, especially the imported stuff expensive though..... 

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

I am going to have to stop eating them ,my blood pressure is now just to low ,today 91/56

How many a day do you eat, I have medication, Enaril 1 in the morning & 1 at night 5mg each, but if Almonds help I will try them, how long till you noticed a change ? Sorry, so many questions.