Double standards Pattaya reality check

banglay

14 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I would put forth that only teetotallers feel this way.

I am a teetotaller and I don't feel this way, this forum has thousands of members, and new ones are joining all the time. If you are bored by any topic then just move on.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

IMO the soldiers in charge are manipulating the baht. Since 2014 till now, the way the baht has risen and stayed strong is no coincidence.

Agree, at the cost of the working class of Thailand . 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Guderian said:

C      Cretinous

O     Officials with

V     Vacuous

I       Ideas about

D     Drink

Also

C.   Cretinous

O.  OP with

V.   Vacuous

I.     Ideas about

D.   Drinking places in Pattaya

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

IMO the soldiers in charge are manipulating the baht. Since 2014 till now, the way the baht has risen and stayed strong is no coincidence.

Thailand has been on the radar for currency manipulation for a while.  

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-on-us-treasurys-watchlist-for-suspected-currency-manipulation

• Like 2

Just now, itsari said:

Middle men , agents what ever , the rice remains  more expensive with a over valued baht . 

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think there are a few Middle Men...... 

If the price is too high then you have to store the rice waiting for buyers . 

Then the next year the farmers will be forced to grow less rice while last years rice is waiting to be sold .

I believe Thailand managed to sell much more rice this year due to the drop of the value in the Thai baht .

22 hours ago, Elkski said:

It does seem the bigs in Thailand do want change for Pattaya.  But you got to admit a go go type bar with a lady sitting on 10 different laps each day is easy covid transmission.   

I have been in Pattaya many times and I never visited a bar

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

It does seem the bigs in Thailand do want change for Pattaya.  But you got to admit a go go type bar with a lady sitting on 10 different laps each day is easy covid transmission.   

But it's the double standard . I guess this is phuket .https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSehvNm1g/.  And do you have any idea what  the  condition of walking street in Pattaya is now ?

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

What a stupid comment I have been in Pattaya many times and I never visited a bar

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You should tell us what you found to do there, as so many think there are no alternatives!

In soi,s Honey and Chaiyapoon many ladies and gentlemen can be found that will empty your pockets in the most delightful of ways.....if you so wish of course LOL

On 11/15/2021 at 6:43 AM, itsari said:

Middle men , agents what ever , the rice remains  more expensive with a over valued baht . 

I think price of rice is measured in usd, anyway not in baht. Price set in global markets where thai simply is in very bad position against esp. Vietnam

If baht is up, the price thai seller gets goes down (if they choose to sell). 

That's why the rice subsidy is in talks again. 

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

I think price of rice is measured in usd, anyway not in baht. Price set in global markets where thai simply is in very bad position against esp. Vietnam

If baht is up, the price thai seller gets goes down (if they choose to sell). 

That's why the rice subsidy is in talks again. 

Yes, Vietnam has overtaken Thailand, and it will not be long before Thailand falls behind Myanmar.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/255945/top-countries-of-destination-for-us-rice-exports-2011/

On 11/18/2021 at 12:24 PM, kcpattaya said:

As if the average pub, eatery and bar in Pattaya are all seedy...
What a nonsense. 

They are all set to become fine dining establishments where you can take the waitresses home after your meal.  ????  

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1