1 yr ext: bank statement

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should not take much more than a week to get the statement.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or a 60 day covid 19 extension and then apply for the one year extension.

Thanks, probably just go the Covid 90 day extension as I did the 60 day visit my wife extension last year, so not sure I can do that again.

do you think an agent could get the 1yr extension with just the bank book?

17 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Thanks, probably just go the Covid 90 day extension as I did the 60 day visit my wife extension last year, so not sure I can do that again.

You can only do one extension to visit your wife per entry to the country using a visa.

17 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

do you think an agent could get the 1yr extension with just the bank book?

An agent can get it done for a fee of 20k baht to as much as 40k baht.

8 hours ago, Windynoi said:

Bangkok Bank can order you a 1 year statement from Bangkok, it takes about a week. 6 months statements is all they can do in local branches.

I thought the statement From the  bank can only one  day old..for an extension.. so how Does this work if it takes a week to get it..?

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok Bank will do a one year bank statement. It takes about a week to get it for a fee of 200 baht.

I have gotten 3 of them and used them for my extensions.

One should order the 1-year-statement early enough. In 2019 I waited 2 weeks to get it via BKK Bank Banglamung Branch.

Because it did not show the complete record until day of application, I had to provide a 6 month statement aswell. This one you get immedeatley at you branch.

I needed that for the 800k method because never updated my bankbook.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't know why immigration need a bank statement when all the same details are already printed on our savings bank book. Does anyone know?

Isn't this unnecessary work?

I experienced this <deleted> yesterday doing 1 year extension, photo copied each page of bank book ( and had original with me ) that had about 6-7 months worth of history however had to go back to bank to get a 3 month statement - madness.

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't know why immigration need a bank statement when all the same details are already printed on our savings bank book. Does anyone know?

Isn't this unnecessary work?

A passbook may not show all transactions when a person does not update the book frequently.  Instead, one summary transaction is printed  which could represent multiple transactions.  A summary transaction may occur for other reasons like a bank software update, glitch, etc., forcing a summary transaction.   

Since a summary transaction can represent multiple transaction over X-period one or more of those transactions could show a person failed to meet a certain extension of stay requirement like failing below a certain minimum balance, not receiving a monthly foreign transfer(s) of X-amount, etc.  

But an annual statement will show "all" transactions.

• Like 2

I usually update my bank book once a month or twice as I get nearer to my ext.

My branch of BKK bank issues a letter " not been under 800,000 from xx xx xx to present day ( one year total )

Signed and stamped.

Then I ask them to photocopy the last year of my book and sign and stamp the copies.

This has always been good enough for immigration for the last 10 years.

I have never ordered a bank statement .

9 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I usually update my bank book once a month or twice as I get nearer to my ext.

My branch of BKK bank issues a letter " not been under 800,000 from xx xx xx to present day ( one year total )

Signed and stamped.

Then I ask them to photocopy the last year of my book and sign and stamp the copies.

This has always been good enough for immigration for the last 10 years.

Basically you are doing more work than getting a 12 month statement

10 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I thought the statement From the  bank can only one  day old..for an extension.. so how Does this work if it takes a week to get it..?

Not if using it to prove income.

Not sure that would even be needed for retirement to prove the 800k/400k baht bank for the required amount of time.

A 2 or 3 month statement may need to be done on he same day to prove the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months.

39 minutes ago, tonray said:

Basically you are doing more work than getting a 12 month statement

I update my passbook every few months to avoid waiting too long and then getting a summary transaction.  I just update the passbook in a Passbook Update Machine (takes a half a minute) in a mall I visit multiple times per week to buy groceries.  Easy...quick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

I update my passbook every few months to avoid waiting too long and then getting a summary transaction.  I just update the passbook in a Passbook Update Machine (takes a half a minute) in a mall I visit multiple times per week to buy groceries.  Easy...quick.

Same...I xfer 100 baht from a 2nd account...then update in the machine the 1st of every month. But some people have opther methods which is understandable, everyone has a different way of dealing with IOs

1 hour ago, Pib said:

A passbook may not show all transactions when a person does not update the book frequently.  Instead, one summary transaction is printed  which could represent multiple transactions.  A summary transaction may occur for other reasons like a bank software update, glitch, etc., forcing a summary transaction.   

Since a summary transaction can represent multiple transaction over X-period one or more of those transactions could show a person failed to meet a certain extension of stay requirement like failing below a certain minimum balance, not receiving a monthly foreign transfer(s) of X-amount, etc.  

But an annual statement will show "all" transactions.

Therefore it makes showing the bank book superfluous.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Not the same - statement of account is what often needed for the year and for proof of monthly deposits - so last 12 deposits required.

Letter from bank of account ownership and current balance is what often has to be current.  This is a different item.

• Like 2

If your from the USA and receive Social Security you can get an email from the Embassy in the Philippines showing what you have been paid over the last year…..this takes a few days. The immigration woman wanted much more including an embassy letter which stopped a few years ago. She still demanded nonsense letters…..so I printed out all the emails  backwards and forwards from that embassy. I presented her with them and I don’t believe she can even read English, and she accepted them……all total nonsense.

Remember the old saying bull*#*% baffles brains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

You have ordered, requested, call it what you like, a bank letter.

The 12 month bank statement is only required for income, I don't need to order that, I can get it over the counter, but I have to give 2 days notice for a letter.

Each bank has their own way, with mine a teller can stamp & sign a statement but a letter has to be done by a manager.

22 minutes ago, tonray said:

Same...I xfer 100 baht from a 2nd account...then update in the machine the 1st of every month. But some people have opther methods which is understandable, everyone has a different way of dealing with IOs

Yea...on the Krungsri acct I use for my annual extension it pays interest monthly so that  generates a new transaction to show on a passbook update....no need to do a deposit/withdrawal. 

And I guess Bangkok Bank accts will print a Balance Forward (B/F) transaction to show in a passbook even with no balance change...no need to generate a deposit/withdrawal.

Yea...it's usually easy enough to keep a passbook updated.

But hey, there are cases where some immigration officers are going to want an annual statement even when a passbook showed many entries per month.  However, after doing over a dozen extensions it hasn't happened to me yet...hopefully it's because I keep the passbook used for extensions updated.  But all my other passbooks do not get updated often...some go for years without an update.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

Yes, they said it would take 2-3 weeks to get and due to my passport getting damaged and only just getting my new one, I do not have 2-3 weeks, my extension finishes on 22nd November, and I never realised the bank took so Long to get a statement 

You might want to try this.  Go to your local Bangkok Bank branch and explain that your extension of stay will expire before you can get your 12-month statement from Bangkok Bank headquarters.  Ask them to issue you a 6-month statement and for the months of the 12-month period that are not covered by that ask them to make copies of your passbook and stamp each one.  Hopefully, you've been diligent about updating your passbook and you don't have any consolidated entries (a single entry that represents a number of different transactions that are rolled into one transaction because the passbook was not updated often enough).

This next comment won't help you this year but immigration offices let you apply for an extension of stay 30-45 days before your current permission to stay expires.  Take advantage of that and apply as early as possible because it is by definition impossible to anticipate what unexpected problems may arise.  Doing it early gives you time to solve problems that arise, doing it late doesn't.

40 minutes ago, sandyf said:

In all the marriage extensions I have done I have never been asked for bank book.

Bit irrelevant anyway, I only have consolidated entries.

The only documents i find logical on marraige extension are:

KR 2 - to prove you're still married 

Proof of finances - to support yourself and spouse

The rest are a waste of time if you're married to the same person living at the same address as previously, total madness the amount of forms that need signed.