Thailand Pass is being upgraded but passenger stress stories continue with cancellation threats

webfact

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Through all my CoE applications (4) i dealt directly with hotel, there's really no benifit to go through Agoda IMO.

What about a refund in case of a cancellation?  What's more trustworthy and expedient, a random Thai Hotel or Agoda?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bolt said:

you don't want to belive it has gotten better, 

it took 7 mintues, 1st and then 2nd email 

I'm not even travelling, I'm simply testing the time it takes as I'll be flying soon but not sure what date, I'd avise 72 hours or longer to be safe

It has not gotten better, it has gotten worse in just the past 24 hours,. They now require that you select the hotel name from a very, very incomplete menu that is missing many of the approved hotels.

Your experience was a fluke.

I have put in now easily 10 hours and getting nowhere one it. By contrast I did the COE process in September and that was comparatively easy. (Also did nto require converting every file to jpg).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Fresh from today. A friend (her first trip to Thailand) had last Friday 12. Nov. sent her Thai passport application. Today, Nov 16, the rejection comes. Pure panic. The reason: She had sent pdf documents. Apparently the programmers have not yet managed to allow this format. After everything converted to jpg and the upload worked. Now my friend is panicking because there are only a few days left until departure. In my opinion, unnecessary stress. The Thai authorities assume that everybody is high end computer and software knowledgeable.

What a stress and nerve for a 14 days vacation on the beach.

Is it possible at all to upload pdf without any error message? If so, do you still get a confirmation email?

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I disagree.

What additional ( if any ) documentation is required with TP that was not required with CoE?

Vaccination record and QR. And the vaccination card is very problematic because they allow only one file to upload, some have more than 1 page or a front and back.

Not to mention that all files must be converted from pdf to jpeg or jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Vaccination record and QR. And the vaccination card is very problematic because they allow only one file to upload, some have more than 1 page or a front and back.

Not to mention that all files must be converted from pdf to jpeg or jpg

And only 1 upload per category, and getting multiple JPEG pages onto one file very very difficult. I reduced the main pages (readable if expanded by the TP folks) to get all items/pages on 1 X A4 page, converter to JPEG, accepted. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It has not gotten better, it has gotten worse in just the past 24 hours,. They now require that you select the hotel name from a very, very incomplete menu that is missing many of the approved hotels.

Wait, there's a government menu of hotels that we have to work from? Never heard of it; where is it? How did this happen?

I tried about 12 hours ago to book a Test and Go reservation at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, and they simply have not got back to me. If they still haven't by tomorrow morning my time, I'll try The Landmark or the SureStay Plus (Agoda I think); both looked ready to go, but who knows.

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

All mt CoE arrivals were supprisingly easy and painless at Swamp, no issues at all, off the plane until taxi no more than 30 mins each time.

Very good.

I was hoping for a report re the new TP process.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

Is it possible at all to upload pdf without any error message? If so, do you still get a confirmation email?

Sorry I not an expert.

I made all my travel to Thailand with the old COE. Better you ask the support hotline.direct.

Screenshot_20211116-180806_Samsung Internet.jpg

45 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Your experience was a fluke.

I have put in now easily 10 hours and getting nowhere one it. By contrast I did the COE process in September and that was comparatively easy. (Also did nto require converting every file to jpg).

That’s in correct

I pasted my Hotel name and address in directly

I did NOT go through a lengthy list

Just now, bolt said:

That’s in correct

I pasted my Hotel name and address in directly

I did NOT go through a lengthy list

Not today, you didn't.

Yesterday and any day prior you could. Now you cannot. They have changed it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

mine took 4 days on hotmail and 24 hours on Gmail. now i have two.

Wow. First Hotmail success and even Thailand pass says don't use hotmail! You are dah man!  So now what do you do with your extra Thailand ???????? pass??

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not today, you didn't.

It looks like the

SHA+ are as per approved list, ( SHA+ website to double check your hotel is approved)

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=2-โรงแรม+ที่พัก+และโฮมสเตย์&province=83-ภูเก็ต&keyword=

whereas the AQ can be entered manually

see 2 screenshots

its not user friendly

SHA+ Approved List 

625601330_SHASelection.jpg.e01c5360a18a4f00a5175ff51427358f.jpg

AQ

2125483167_AQSelection.jpg.565e1f66089606deab9aefa89ab37d06.jpg

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

It looks like the

SHA+ are as per approved list, ( SHA+ website to double check your hotel is approved)

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=2-โรงแรม+ที่พัก+และโฮมสเตย์&province=83-ภูเก็ต&keyword=

whereas the AQ can be entered manually

see 2 screenshots

its not user friendly

SHA+ Approved List 

625601330_SHASelection.jpg.e01c5360a18a4f00a5175ff51427358f.jpg

AQ

2125483167_AQSelection.jpg.565e1f66089606deab9aefa89ab37d06.jpg

BOTH now require menu selection.

BTW are you sure you previously cut and paste the name? As I find it impossible to cut and paste anything into the TP system. Particularly annoying for things like passport number, hotel booking number and insurance policy number as these are long and easy to make a small mistake on.

COE on the other hand was easy to paste into.

Having called them twice (after innumerable tries and hours on hold to get through), I can assure that the "help line" is useless.  It is also answered by non-English speakers.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

BOTH now require menu selection.

BTW are you sure you previously cut and paste the name? As I find it impossible to cut and paste anything into the TP system. Particularly annoying for things like passport number, hotel booking number and insurance policy number as these are long and easy to make a small mistake on.

COE on the other hand was easy to paste into.

Having called them twice (after innumerable tries and hours on hold to get through), I can assure that the "help line" is useless.  It is also answered by non-English speakers.

My AQ can be entered manually, there is no selection list

I’m using chrome incognito mode  

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

My AQ can be entered manually, there is no selection list

I’m using chrome incognito mode  

Are you sure registration will go through? Multiple users have reported it cannot be done in Chrome.

There is most definitely a selection list for AQ using Firefox. At least for Bangkok.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

Are you sure registration will go through? Multiple users have reported it cannot be done in Chrome.

There is most definitely a selection list for AQ using Firefox. At least for Bangkok.

I have successfully applied 2 times using Chrome Incognito mode

Both applications were tests to see how it work, and both were approved

I booked hotel using AGODA, got confirmation email from AGODA, uploaded confirmation into the system

(then I cancelled hotel for free)

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not today, you didn't.

Wow. You are mad!  You seem different in many postings lately. Why don't you start a completely helpful thread ( since we all respect you) that clearly shows how to manipulate this ridiculous TP system?  This should be easily operated on an  iPhone to get pass.  Or maybe  a Video that we all can use?  You and several other posters seem very helpful. But if you are having troubles with TP. We should all try to work together on ONE thread and since you are American and the most visitors are now American it may be more helpful to us to have this thread based on Americans currently trying to come to Thailand using TP. (Another thread for others)  Remember when TVF actually helped everyone instead of just useless never going anywhere threads?  I for one want a clear cut way to come to Thailand for 60 to 90 days ( or a little more) THIS SEASON. There seems to be no real channel or thread for this. It's just all over the place <deleted>. I mean you can't comment on moderation but can we somehow organize a non bickering completely helpful thread on to EXACTLY how get a TP??  And I'd love a little additional info on the 60 day tourist visa which REALLY should be easier to get and not take " a minimum of 15 working days" info as well. These threads Sheryl seem to go on and on but just a little useful info seems to come through. Thanks! You are always helpful. 

13 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Wow. You are mad!  You seem different in many postings lately. Why don't you start a completely helpful thread ( since we all respect you) that clearly shows how to manipulate this ridiculous TP system?  This should be easily operated on an  iPhone to get pass.  Or maybe  a Video that we all can use?  You and several other posters seem very helpful. But if you are having troubles with TP. We should all try to work together on ONE thread and since you are American and the most visitors are now American it may be more helpful to us to have this thread based on Americans currently trying to come to Thailand using TP. (Another thread for others)  Remember when TVF actually helped everyone instead of just useless never going anywhere threads?  I for one want a clear cut way to come to Thailand for 60 to 90 days ( or a little more) THIS SEASON. There seems to be no real channel or thread for this. It's just all over the place <deleted>. I mean you can't comment on moderation but can we somehow organize a non bickering completely helpful thread on to EXACTLY how get a TP??  And I'd love a little additional info on the 60 day tourist visa which REALLY should be easier to get and not take " a minimum of 15 working days" info as well. These threads Sheryl seem to go on and on but just a little useful info seems to come through. Thanks! You are always helpful. 

Don't shoot the messenger.

Sheryl is smart, switched on and well versed in Thai ways.  If she has a problem then there is a big problem. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

When she gets it worked out, and I am sure she will, a lot of us will learn something; I am already. I follow her posts with interest.

Good luck Sheryl; you deserve it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

QR codes for the vax certificate.

Did you have separate QR codes for the first and second vaccination?

I got my vaccinations in Bangkok and there is only one QR code (on the final certificate that shows both vaccinations). In fact I have not seen anyone around here with a QR code for the first shot and as far as I am aware this is quite rare abroad too. So what do people use then for the first and second vaccinations in the Thailand Pass application? Do you use the single QR code twice?

1 minute ago, CRUNCHER said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Sheryl is smart, switched on and well versed in Thai ways.  If she has a problem then there is a big problem. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

When she gets it worked out, and I am sure she will, a lot of us will learn something; I am already. I follow her posts with interest.

Good luck Sheryl; you deserve it.

How you got" don't shoot the messenger " from what I posted to Sheryl is strange to me. But. I'm sure you are not from the North East USA and need .... I won't say. Slowly and in a non tree hugging way read my post Slowly! I EXACTLY explained some useful things that she as a respected poster might be able to tackle.  Are you from Cali? 
And btw. Thanks again Sheryl. 

15 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s funny - I came through Narita on Friday also, and it was a chaotic, disorganized, dysfunctional mess.

As soon as the passengers on my flight deplaned, an agent intercepted all of those passengers who were bound for Bangkok at the arrival gate and proceeded to march us all (at breakneck speed) to what seemed like the opposite end of the airport (my feet were killing me by the time we finally stopped walking!) From there, passengers were sorted into queues according to fare class and instructed to wait our respective turns for document verification (mind you, the documents they wanted to verify were the same documents which were required for approval of COE or TP - talk about redundant!) Anyway, after waiting for about 30 minutes, the line hadn’t budged - the Japanese agents were clearly struggling to make sense of it all. Eventually, they tried extracting smaller groups of passengers from the queues and moving said groups to different locations. Many of the passengers were losing their cool at this point. By the time my turn rolled around, I was seriously wondering whether the flight to Bangkok would end up being delayed. Talk about a total waste of time and energy…

I came through Narita on Thursday, and they hardly cared about my paperwork. they gave it a cursory glance, stamped my boarding pass, and that was that.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

or what Cambodia has just done no special permissions . Just have to show visa, COVID test and vaccination record to board a flight to Cambodia and undergo a rapid antigen test on arrival. Done at the airport. No special online "systems" of approval. No 24 hour quarantine, no special hotels etc etc.

And with 79% of  their population being fully vaccinated, Cambodia is also a much safer place with regards to Covid.

This November 1 reopening is just some stupid show, pre-electoral in all likelihood. The reality is that Thailand isn't ready yet to open with only 40% of the population being fully vaccinated, and this includes Sinovac..

But it may happen during Q1 2022.

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

How you got" don't shoot the messenger " from what I posted to Sheryl is strange to me. But. I'm sure you are not from the North East USA and need .... I won't say. Slowly and in a non tree hugging way read my post Slowly! I EXACTLY explained some useful things that she as a respected poster might be able to tackle.  Are you from Cali? 
And btw. Thanks again Sheryl. 

You asked if she was mad. Not a pleasant comment. The difference in her posting  a clear indication of the mess that Thailand Pass is in. 

44 minutes ago, bolt said:

I have successfully applied 2 times using Chrome Incognito mode

Both applications were tests to see how it work, and both were approved

I

I don't blame you for testing. A good idea.  I wonder how many others are doing this giving the Government a false impression of the success of Thailand Pass. 555.

I won't need this until next year and I am monitoring the situation hoping that by the time I need it at least some of the issues are resolved. I am not confident.

Edited by CRUNCHER