Thailand takes tentative first steps into new era of post-pandemic tourism

webfact

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"...to advocate for a more environmentally sustainable reopening focused on fewer visitors but with greater purchasing power."

I still don't get what this means.

What we do see is that they put in place policies (Thailand Pass) to eliminate all but the most insane/motivated travelers (mostly not tourists but those of us with ties to Thailand [thus, maybe, more spending "power" while there longterm]). So, it is more "environmentally" friendly as they have discouraged so many from dealing with the hassles of tryng to get in. Fewer people trashing the beaches, I suppose. We also, so far, don't have to deal with annoying busloads of Chinese tour groups (though that's not because Thailand is wanting to keep them out as much as China not wanting them to come visit yet).

Him geen, want tourist big money.

Edited by BostonRob2
Typo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok, Nov 23 (EFE).- Thailand’s main tourist attractions remain half empty, although the number of visitors has been gradually increasing since the country opened its borders to fully vaccinated travelers from more than 60 countries this month.

Yes it went from 0 to 2, that's a huge increase in percentage 

I wonder how long they had to wait for that photo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredscats said:

Another covid wave is a racing certainty for Thailand,open the shutters,bang them down again

I would have put my money on that in the past....but they seem to be able to dodge the bullet each time??? Mask wearing, social distancing, climate.....who knows?

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

What we do see is that they put in place policies (Thailand Pass) to eliminate all but the most insane/motivated travelers (mostly not tourists but those of us with ties to Thailand [thus, maybe, more spending "power" while there longterm]). So, it is more "environmentally" friendly as they have discouraged so many from dealing with the hassles of tryng to get in. Fewer people trashing the beaches, I suppose. We also, so far, don't have to deal with annoying busloads of Chinese tour groups (though that's not because Thailand is wanting to keep them out as much as China not wanting them to come visit yet).

No more large buses crisscrossing small Pattaya alleys meant for motorcycles. No more drunk bride seekers and orgy lovers hopping baht buses from brothels to brothels (bars to bars), no more sexual innuendos for local girls in baht buses that people won't dare to say in London buses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

No more large buses crisscrossing small Pattaya alleys meant for motorcycles. No more drunk bride seekers and orgy lovers hopping baht buses from brothels to brothels (bars to bars), no more sexual innuendos for local girls in baht buses that people won't dare to say in London buses. 

Yep, we're all missing it as well.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

"Thailand’s main tourist attractions remain half empty"

So 90,000 "tourists" have entered this month and tourists attractions are half full? How did they handle the 3.3 Million tourists a month in 2019 if that's the case lol

They believe their own drivel.

Nobody else does...

• Like 1