What set ups are people now using as regards Catch Up TV whilst in Thailand ??

Chivas

I note TV Mucho has changed its package from the last time I was in Thailand obviously curtailed (February 2020)

Any other similar style set ups ??  I literally only use it to watch soap catch ups (dont laugh !) and more than happy to pay usual monthly subscription (or annual)

Edited by Chivas
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Get a VPN (Express or Nord) for $99 a year. You then can get almost any TV channel you want.

lol not ITV hub or BBC iplayer who find them and block them routinely

You've now paid $99 for a worthless subscription

TV Mucho had worked differently and simply not requiring any VPN in the first place

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chivas said:

lol not ITV player who find them and block them routinely

You've now paid $99 for a worthless subscription

TV Mucho had worked differently and simply not requiring any VPN in the first place

I can get ALL UK TV channels and catch up no problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

How?

Express (or Nord) VPN set to UK. You can then set up bookmarks on Express opening page, eg BBC.co.uk/iPlayer...or ITV.com...or Channel4.com or Chaneel5. That's it. Click on that bookmarks and CBBC is there for you. Sometimes, very rarely, I have to change from UKLondon to UK Docklands or East London. The others work perfectly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Black said:

Sky /BT sports?

Sorry, I meant all free to air channels. SKY & BT need a subscription. 

Most sports are free on totalsportek.com, or ustvgo.tv for the American stuff.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

Pulse TV.   Not cheap, but having used for six years, consistently reliable, every UK channel (including those subscription ones i.e. Sky/BT etc), massive library of films and TV series including the latest ones, and minimum of 24 hours catch up.   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Pulse TV.   Not cheap, but having used for six years, consistently reliable, every UK channel (including those subscription ones i.e. Sky/BT etc), massive library of films and TV series including the latest ones, and minimum of 24 hours catch up.   

Yes, I can thoroughly recommend PulseTV. Been using them for over 5 years now. Great customer service too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Emmm... just had a quick look. About 5 quid a week. 

Do you have to buy their TV box or can any Android box work?

Edited by Chris.B

7 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You have four different connections available for the subscription.   An example, I have a box (yes, it has to be the one they supply) on my main TV, plus on my computer, and another on my phone (plus one spare).   Alternatively, if you don't want to buy a box and have a phone that can 'screen mirror' to a smart TV, then that works.   Personally, the box is a good investment, just so much easier and the remote works well.   Horses for courses, yes there are cheap/free options available, but my experience is that they are the last resort but are they worth the hassle?   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pagallim said:

You have four different connections available for the subscription.   An example, I have a box (yes, it has to be the one they supply) on my main TV, plus on my computer, and another on my phone (plus one spare).   Alternatively, if you don't want to buy a box and have a phone that can 'screen mirror' to a smart TV, then that works.   Personally, the box is a good investment, just so much easier and the remote works well.   Horses for courses, yes there are cheap/free options available, but my experience is that they are the last resort but are they worth the hassle?   

Can you record programs to watch later?

You have 4 boxes?

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Can you record programs to watch later?

You have 4 boxes?

No, any media I want to keep I always download.   I have only one box, the other connections are by logging into my account on Pulse's web page, i.e. on my computer and phone.   I've just logged onto the site on my computer, here are a couple of photos of the menus for TV channels and film/complete TV series.   With the TV channels you can create 'favourites' which will be at the top so you don't have to scroll through everything to get to the channels you want.20211127_051028.thumb.jpg.f1a1941142f5810fd30d82c7b9b67903.jpg

20211127_051101.jpg

Edited by pagallim
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Worthless subscription then ! I’ve been using NordVPN for 5 years. I’ve only been blocked a couple of times by the BBC and Nord sorted it out within hours. Best you get an expensive deal.

Works out to nine quid a month which is cheaper than Express VPN?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, fangless said:

TV Mucho still works but you have to plan your recordings no more than 7 days in advance.

Please note their paid for/extended recording structure/pricing will be re-introduced in January!

Works out to 7 quid a month which is cheaper than Pulse TV at five quid a week. Is it any good though? Cheaper than VPN as well.

7 day recordings max 50 hours is fine for me.

Edited by Chris.B

On 11/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, Chris.B said:

PulseTV.

1,000 Baht a month but it works unlike a lot of cheaper options.

You do not have to use their box.

Download their app to your own Android box.

Has catchup that works.