Government Pension letters for marriage extension must now be translated to Thai

17 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

I’ve always noticed that they seem better than the way people describe other offices. 

I think the IOs at Korat, Buriram & Surin are much more farang friendly than many other offices, going by some of the posts on here. I have had to deal with Korat, Surin & Buriram IOs during my time here and have never had any real issues with 1 year extensions/TM30/90 Day reporting or with the way I've been treated.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Recently did my marriage visa extension at Korat immigration and only new thing is now I have to have my US Government pension letter translated to Thai. Not a big deal if you are aware of it ahead of time and not find out the day you go to apply. 

JIMBOB4 or Ubonjoe:

1. I Didn't know that this type evidence was officially (stamped, etc) issued by USG (in light of US Embassy no longer issuing an affidavit of income).  Perhaps I just don't understand, Could someone please elaborate.

2. Could someone also please advise what Thai Immigration allows such a USG letter to substitutes for (Thai baht in bank, monthly foreign receipt?).

• Thanks 1

There is just one small step toward having to have pension statements for the retirement extension translated into Thai. (Yes, the Canadian embassy does notarize federal pension and company pension statements. For now!)  So the question is, is this a requirement for all immigration districts?

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

36 minutes ago, OneZero said:

2. Could someone also please advise what Thai Immigration allows such a USG letter to substitutes for (Thai baht in bank, monthly foreign receipt?).

You still have to do 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank to prove your income.

They can ask for proof of the source of the income and that is what the pension letter is for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still have to do 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank to prove your income.

They can ask for proof of the source of the income and that is what the pension letter is for. 

Never been asked for this at Jomtien. They are happy with mthly FTTs arriving in Bangkok Bank.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In Si Saket IO, I give them a copy of my HMRC tax summary. This seems to work for them...at the moment. Has a list of all my income, which is all pension.

Edited by Scott Tracy

16 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

In Si Saket IO, I give them a copy of my HMRC tax summary. This seems to work for them...at the moment. Has a list of all my income, which is all pension.

I had to submit my P60 (UK tax form) and my company pension annual payslip, at Roi Et this year.