Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

I think the rejection could be because I didn't enter my condo building name, just the plot/room.

And I remember the last time I was there (in person), the officer wanted me to write it down.

So, perhaps it is cos of that (i.e. the address didn't match exactly). We will see. I submitted again.

30 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I think the rejection could be because I didn't enter my condo building name, just the plot/room.

And I remember the last time I was there (in person), the officer wanted me to write it down.

So, perhaps it is cos of that (i.e. the address didn't match exactly). We will see. I submitted again.

I'm trying to make my 3rd report on the new system but keep getting rejected. For the second report I was rejected once and just tweaked the address so that my soi was with the condo not the road (no change in information, no change in order, just the line it was on) and it was approved. 

For my third report I'm doing exactly the same, the generated TM47 looks exactly the same but it's been rejected three times. They give a reason in the email now: The informations are invalid or imcomplete [sic], which doesn't help if I don't know what is invalid or incomplete (no boxes left for me to fill in though).

I've done it by clicking on the magnifying glass to automatically fill it in and doing each box myself. No luck.
I might give it one last go but can't see what else to tweak. Though, what's the VISA box below the phone number?

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I wonder what the point of it actually is?

As I have written many time it is in the Immigration Act done in 1979 that has not been amended since it was written. Until it is amended 90 day reports will still be required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not linkage between the online reporting site and immigration database where your records are kept.

Your local immigration office does the approval or rejection of the reports.They could of checked the database to confirm you had extended.

So basically the only reasons for rejection of report are: incorrect data filled in or incorrect time of reporting?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have written many time it is in the Immigration Act done in 1979 that has not been amended since it was written. Until it is amended 90 day reports will still be required.

Ok, cheers.

And I suppose the reason why they started it in the first place was....so they could keep our address up to date every 90 days?

Just genuinely curious of the original reason.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:47 AM, Yorkie said:

I applied for my new extension today and was successful. Without being asked Immigration issued a 90 day report receipt with a next report date of 16th August 2022.

I have today received email notification that my next appointment is due on 6th June 2022 (as per my last online report receipt). Should I report on line in accordance with the email or should I just ignore it?

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Should I report on line in accordance with the email or should I just ignore it?

Ignore it.

That message is generated by online reporting site. If you tried to do a report it would be denied by your local immigration office since your report is not due until August.

• Thanks 1

A few days ago, I filled up carefully of what is only required in the "asterisk" fields.
I didn't fill up my phone number, because the "asterisk" field was not required.
The next day, my application was rejected. Then this time in my new application I
put in my phone number. The next day, my application was approved.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, KhaoNiaw said:

I'm trying to make my 3rd report on the new system but keep getting rejected. For the second report I was rejected once and just tweaked the address so that my soi was with the condo not the road (no change in information, no change in order, just the line it was on) and it was approved. 

For my third report I'm doing exactly the same, the generated TM47 looks exactly the same but it's been rejected three times. They give a reason in the email now: The informations are invalid or imcomplete [sic], which doesn't help if I don't know what is invalid or incomplete (no boxes left for me to fill in though).

To follow up, I've had my report approved at the 4th attempt. I again used the magnifying glass to fill in the form, this time with success. The TM47 form that was generated looks exactly the same as previous attempts so I have no idea why I was suddenly successful. So if you get a rejection keep trying, especially as they accept them up to the report date. 

This morning I logged on, and inserted all of the necessary info and submitted it at 10:37.

I immediately received an acknowledgment email accepting my info.

At 10:51 I received my approved TM47!!

14 minutes is pretty darn amazing ……. 

I experienced my own Cuban Missile Crisis with the Thai government.

As you'll recall from history class, the letter From Chairman Khrushchev to President Kennedy, on October 26, 1962, had a pleading tone, seeking a peaceful resolution. The second letter was much more aggressive, and appeared to be written by somebody else. JFK ignored the second letter and responded to the first. And because of that, we are all here today. 

Like JFK, I first received an approval for my 90 days, but then a day later, I received a rejection from the Immigration police. I ignored the rejection and now 90 days later I applied for a fresh 90 days and was accepted. 

Literally, the Cuban Missile Crisis Part Deux.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, 2009 said:

Ok, cheers.

And I suppose the reason why they started it in the first place was....so they could keep our address up to date every 90 days?

Just genuinely curious of the original reason.

But you could lie. Both in person and on-line.

I remember my wife's application for a visa to visit the UK around 2002/3 there were questions on the application "are you a terrorist?" and "have you been involved with any terrorist organisations?". The form did advise you though that you could be subject to prosecution should you knowingly not tell the truth.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I remember my wife's application for a visa to visit the UK around 2002/3 there were questions on the application "are you a terrorist?" and "have you been involved with any terrorist organisations?". The form did advise you though that you could be subject to prosecution should you knowingly not tell the truth.

They ask now:

Have you ever worked in a bar?
Ever been involved with a foreigner?
Any massage backround?

If yes: Computer says NO

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, mahtin said:

Thought this online system did not work with a VPN.

It does now.

Windows 11, Firefox 100.0.2. NordVPN.

Another giant step in the right direction.

It actually DOES seem to work as advertised. I still like to visit in person since I live so close. I am never kept waiting very long. My agent has offered to do it for free, but I like to get the standard receipt which tells me the exact date that I need to report again.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:52 PM, KhaoNiaw said:

To follow up, I've had my report approved at the 4th attempt. I again used the magnifying glass to fill in the form, this time with success. The TM47 form that was generated looks exactly the same as previous attempts so I have no idea why I was suddenly successful. So if you get a rejection keep trying, especially as they accept them up to the report date. 

I omitted several items on my first submission, but it was still accepted. Since I was antsy about it, I went ahead and reported in person. By the time I arrived back home, I had a notice of acceptance from Immigration.

1 hour ago, Nickelbeer said:

My agent has offered to do it for free, but I like to get the standard receipt which tells me the exact date that I need to report again.

I believe that everyone who reports receives that receipt whether reporting in person, by post, on-line or through an agent. I have always received the receipt with my next report date (in 22 years).

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

My point is that they require your current address to keep track of you in case you're up to no good. But if you're up to no good you could report giving a false, or old address, and no-one would be the wiser. In fact, if you were up to no good you may not even bother to report at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I believe that everyone who reports receives that receipt whether reporting in person, by post, on-line or through an agent. I have always received the receipt with my next report date (in 22 years).

I had her do one report for me and the receipt was not the same. They gave me an acknowledgement and that was all. I just felt more comfortable with the receipt I had always gotten when I reported in person. No big deal.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My point is that they require your current address to keep track of you in case you're up to no good. But if you're up to no good you could report giving a false, or old address, and no-one would be the wiser. In fact, if you were up to no good you may not even bother to report at all.

you're not wrong, at some point immigration started bothering me for a "copy of the house book" after never having asked me for one for like 8 years, they had tried previously and I was unable to get one based on i'm renting from a old lady who rents from a guy in BKK that uses a third party company to manage his rents.. the company didn't have it and the BKK guy couldn't be bothered to provide paperwork for 4th party.

solution to it was to go and bother a friend in the same province but very far, ask her for book.. she signed for it and we used that. i never lived there but the only three options were.. lie, move or go back home cause I couldn't renew visa.

• Like 1

A quick question on when I need to do a 90 report.

I'm in the process of obtaining a non O based on retirement.

I entered the country on a 60 day tourist visa which I subsequently extended by 30 days. Due to a misunderstanding on my part I didn't apply for the non O on time but no problem, immigration have extended my tourist visa by another 60 days based on covid.

I've now applied for the non O based on retirement (it's currently under consideration, I have to return to immigration on June 17th).

My question is, when do I need to do a 90 day report? I tried to do one online just before the original 90 days tourist visa ended but it was rejected due to 'type of visa no need to report'.

I'm currently a week into the 60 day covid extension on my tourist visa.

This is at Chiang Mai immigration.

13 minutes ago, milldav said:

My question is, when do I need to do a 90 day report? I tried to do one online just before the original 90 days tourist visa ended but it was rejected due to 'type of visa no need to report'.

When your non-o visa is issued stamped in your passport you will get a new 90 day entry that will reset your 90 days for reporting to zero.

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the year extension.

You will need to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When your non-o visa is issued stamped in your passport you will get a new 90 day entry that will reset your 90 days for reporting to zero.

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the year extension.

You will need to do your first 90 day report in person or by mail.

Many thanks

Hi. I've just returned to Thailand on a Re-entry permit and have an extension of stay permit based on retirement. My original 90 day notification runs out at the end of this month. Do I need to do a new 90 day notification or wait until the old one runs out?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jnp73 said:

My original 90 day notification runs out at the end of this month. Do I need to do a new 90 day notification or wait until the old one runs out?

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country since you left the country.

Your next report is due 90 days from the day you entered the country.

• Like 1

Just did mine I can't believe that they have finally got their act together got mine and 2 minutes got approval amazing!  Atlast they have a computer system that works ok