Thailand detects first case of Omicron variant

webfact

38 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I take it you get all your information from main steam media then, wake up, YouTube has some incredible highly qualified professionals who call a spade a spade without creating fear which is what main stream media is doing.

I don't get all my info from MSM.  YouTube is a terrible source for info.  If credible, there's a link to a credible website.  People who blast MSM normally fall for conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

And he then goes on to post a social media post from a journalist.....

I know. You could go on all day re the hypocrisies of some of the posts but in the interests of keeping it on topic it’s sometimes best to ignore. 

Im not sure why some people can’t be honest and say they choose their content that suits their narrative rather than some lame reasoning when it don’t suit and dig themselves a hole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've not seen anyone post here they don't want this virus to end.  Just trolling on your part.  And I've not seen any expert say this virus is mutating into something that won't kill us.  Other than some dodgy youtube videos.

I never said some people on this site, I said some people. Now if the shoe fits wear it.

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

So no medical qualifications then, and you just ridiculed John Campbell for the same.

Hypocrisy at its best!

A journalist searches for the facts . The journalist does not need to be an expert in the subject he or she is investigating . 

That is not hypocrisy 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

From my understanding this variant was announced only recently in  RSA.

The poor chap arrived in November, I  supposed he had been tested and quarantined as well upon arrival in Thailand. 

I therefore can only suspect he has been infected in Thailand only. Maybe I am wrong.????

Announced just over a week ago, but by the time it was announced, it was already in America and most other countries, including Thailand.

37 minutes ago, sungod said:

So no medical qualifications then, and you just ridiculed John Campbell for the same.

Hypocrisy at its best!

Apples and oranges.  Campbell is putting himself out there like a medical expert.  He's not.  My reference is just a data analyst. Doing graphs.  Never said he was a doc.  Takes some time to understand it all, I guess.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, smedly said:

no they are not, many were admitted to hospital for covid unrelated reasons while there tested positive - they are NOT being treated for covid they are simply positive and asymtomatic

Yes they are.  They're being tested and from what's being reported, it's 75% for Omicron.  Do the research.