Thailand detects first case of Omicron variant

webfact

9 minutes ago, morocco said:

I wouldn't say far from it. There have been studies showing a virus with many mutations tend to kill itself off or weaken considerable.

And others show exactly the opposite.  We just don't know yet.  We do know it's more transmissible as shown by the HUGE increase in cases in SA and the 400% increase in hospitalizations.  That's not good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

There is  positive information that new "omi whatever" virus is not  is not as deadly and most people teste for it dont know they have it

Check Dr John Campbell you tube

Jeez.  This has been debunked here many times.  Go back and read the posts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

There is  positive information that new "omi whatever" virus is not  is not as deadly and most people teste for it dont know they have it

Check Dr John Campbell you tube

Nurse John Campbell does indeed produce some informative and entertaining YouTube videos; however, I would not place him in the category of epidemiology experts who are qualified to draw any conclusions regarding the fate of Omicron at this early stage. I don't think anybody will be able to do that for at least two or three weeks time.

• Like 1

It must be of concern as ‘our family doctor’ sent a LINE message to all his registered patients saying ‘it’s here’ and to be extra careful…….

We have booked two weeks in Kanchanaburi starting late next week…….all paid for…..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Jeez.  This has been debunked here many times.  Go back and read the posts.

So we have been vaccinated so what else can we do.......... hide for the rest of your lives

Is it 5pm i yet  I need a beer at my local beer shop we here we have had beers throughout the last 2 years

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

Since he's an American, you have to seriously wonder whether he's been wearing masks and social-distancing.  I fear not.

Social distancing may take a whole new meaning with Omicron. Two people staying in a Hong Kong quarantine hotel in separate rooms contracted the Omicron variant. They never left their room (as per CCTV recordings), nor had in contact at anytime, so they suspect it happened during food deliveries.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/omicrons-spread-across-hotel-hall-in-hong-kong-highlights-transmission-worry

I say let's make it 20 meters! ????

At last, the new virus is detected... Thailand want to be a part of the world and without Omicron it could not be.... Now they think about the next step... First end of year celebrations and than maybe again precaution measures.... we have to wait and see

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SymS said:

Social distancing may take a whole new meaning with Omicron. Two people staying in a Hong Kong quarantine hotel in separate rooms contracted the Omicron variant. They never left their room (as per CCTV recordings), nor had in contact at anytime, so they suspect it happened during food deliveries.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/omicrons-spread-across-hotel-hall-in-hong-kong-highlights-transmission-worry

I say let's make it 20 meters! ????

May I order an Omicron Pizza please !