Test & Go My view

UKPaul67

On 12/10/2021 at 3:11 AM, starky said:

My view. Had all my ducks in a row. Took screen shots of the pdf files so they were jpg. files opened a Gmail account as had read that it worked best with the server.

Uploaded documents total application time 5 minutes. Received a message instantly saying my pass had been received and given a code number so i could check progress. Was told it could take 3-7 working days. Received my Thailand pass 4 hours later.

As with most things related to the world under the pandemic ie quarantine, restrictions, imaginary " hurdles" the people doing all the whingeing mostly have not, will not and do not try and do it themselves. They are crying about something they have no experience in

As for RT-PCR tests. Anyone who can not have a test and have it directly emailed to them within 24 hours is an absolute Muppet.

Total cost 130 AUD for my RT-PCR test in Australia. 205 AUD for my test and go package at Novotel Suvarnabhumi, with 24 hour hour testing regardless of when your flight arrives and results within 6 hours after which your are free to go.

Zero stress, zero hurdles, zero drama and reasonable pricing. Not ideal for a family travelling I will admit but for the normal person the additional cost is sweet f.a..

So if you do your research, have the organisational skills of a 6 year old can read English and can afford a couple hundred dollars the test and go system is a breeze. 

The Novatel Suvarnaphumbi sounds like a great option. How did you book your stay there? Through their website or another?

I just got released yesterday.   Booked Q at Centre Point Chid Lom and driver was there to meet me a few minutes after I came out of the baggage claim.  I was in a regular car, just me and the driver.

Sedan was the option listed when I bought the package so I was fine with that.  5,200 baht.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

The Novatel Suvarnaphumbi sounds like a great option. How did you book your stay there? Through their website or another?

I used the Novotel Suvarnabhumi many times in previous, better years, as it's location is so convenient. I will fly to Europe in June 2022 and have again booked the Novotel Suvarnabhumi upon return, this time for the "test & go"-method. I booked by eMail, and got a prompt confirmation. A bit expensive, but overall very easy.

1 hour ago, pattayahenry said:

A hotel pickup for test and go is never a minibus, only a vaccinated

Driver, often behind a plastic cover

But some guests have had to go into 10 day quarantine because they sat next to a person in the taxi on the hotel transfer and that person tested positive for Covid.

33 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

I used the Novotel Suvarnabhumi many times in previous, better years, as it's location is so convenient. I will fly to Europe in June 2022 and have again booked the Novotel Suvarnabhumi upon return, this time for the "test & go"-method. I booked by eMail, and got a prompt confirmation. A bit expensive, but overall very easy.

You booked for June 2022??

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Arrived at Citrus Pattaya for test and go on 7 December at 10.30 pm and got result at 9.30  am. Nurse was very gentle with the swab. Staff were efficient and friendly at check in and check out. Cheapest room was goodish. Meals, well...

Got my Thai Pass approved in 48 hours. PCR test at Sydney airport took 50 minutes.

Quick processing at Suvarnabhumi. Plenty of assistance and no confusion.

Short wait for hotel transfer. Lone passenger separated by a plastic shield from driver.

A little stressful at times because of uncertainty, but in the end, nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, starky said:

My view. Had all my ducks in a row. Took screen shots of the pdf files so they were jpg. files opened a Gmail account as had read that it worked best with the server.

Uploaded documents total application time 5 minutes. Received a message instantly saying my pass had been received and given a code number so i could check progress. Was told it could take 3-7 working days. Received my Thailand pass 4 hours later.

As with most things related to the world under the pandemic ie quarantine, restrictions, imaginary " hurdles" the people doing all the whingeing mostly have not, will not and do not try and do it themselves. They are crying about something they have no experience in

As for RT-PCR tests. Anyone who can not have a test and have it directly emailed to them within 24 hours is an absolute Muppet.

Total cost 130 AUD for my RT-PCR test in Australia. 205 AUD for my test and go package at Novotel Suvarnabhumi, with 24 hour hour testing regardless of when your flight arrives and results within 6 hours after which your are free to go.

Zero stress, zero hurdles, zero drama and reasonable pricing. Not ideal for a family travelling I will admit but for the normal person the additional cost is sweet f.a..

So if you do your research, have the organisational skills of a 6 year old can read English and can afford a couple hundred dollars the test and go system is a breeze. 

Just because everything went smoothly for you doesn’t mean everyone will have the same experience as you, through no fault of their own. Only a muppet would have that kind of attitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Just because everything went smoothly for you doesn’t mean everyone will have the same experience as you, through no fault of their own. Only a muppet would have that kind of attitude.

I wasn't saying people that have difficulties with Thailand pass were muppets. I was saying people who have any issue getting a rapid pcr test within a day were and anyone who thinks a 72 hour Window for a covid test "stressful" ill throw in as well. ????. I also clearly stated it's my belief like when people where complaining about quarantine or the test and go procedure had never actually done it so had no real experience so therefore shouldn't comment.

How was the test and go experience for you? Maybe you could share your experience?

On 12/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, starky said:

I wasn't saying people that have difficulties with Thailand pass were muppets. I was saying people who have any issue getting a rapid pcr test within a day were and anyone who thinks a 72 hour Window for a covid test "stressful" ill throw in as well. ????. I also clearly stated it's my belief like when people where complaining about quarantine or the test and go procedure had never actually done it so had no real experience so therefore shouldn't comment.

How was the test and go experience for you? Maybe you could share your experience?

In US, this can actually be quite the issue; apparently in your country it is not.