I love to visit Thailand but I am afraid of ending up hospitalized because I shared space or had a chat with a person that tested covid positive.

ILOVEBKKLONGTIME

28 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Yes, it's probably a tiny risk, but there are so many other countries they could go to instead, why would you bother?

Anytime someone say's, "The benefits outweigh the risk!", you can guarantee they are not talking for me.  Me.  I'm the only person who weighs the Risk/Benefit ratio and then makes a decision.  And anyone in the right mind should never allow anyone else to make that decision for them. 
"It's probably a tiny risk."  Except for the dead person.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, connda said:

"It's probably a tiny risk."  Except for the dead person.

We are discussing the risk of getting quarantined due to possible exposure despite you being NEGATIVE for COVID.

How are you imagining you would die in this scenario?

15 minutes ago, ILOVEBKKLONGTIME said:

Well, I was hoping that maybe somebody here has a solution like an insurance company that I am not aware of or something.

Now the rules have been published, some of the local insurers may well start offering cover for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Many of the people coming to Thailand at the moment are returnees or people with links or ties to the country. There are not so many fully fledged tourists coming and they won't with the current rules and regulations that are in force here and when they return to their home countries.

Good to know because just looking at recent videos in youtube, I saw several "tourists", quite different to what you mention.

If I visit Thailand, I was going to do it in mid January, but I already saw in the Bangkok Post that the PM or Thai Government is kind of saying that probably after NY, the number of people testing positive for covid is going to increase.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, Polar Bear said:

But I cannot imagine why a tourist would want to come to Thailand for a couple of weeks vacation, when they risk spending the whole time quarantined in a hotel, despite testing negative, just because they sat next to a stranger on the plane who tested positive.

In that case, is it possible to stay at th airport and fly back to your home country ?

5 minutes ago, daejung said:

In that case, is it possible to stay at th airport and fly back to your home country ?

I doubt it. You wouldn't find out until you and they got the PCR results back, so you wouldn't still be at the airport.

There was a situation in Phuket sandbox a while ago. A family group was flying together and one of them tested positive. The whole family was  quarantined, along with another passenger who had been sat near them on the flight.

The individual passenger and most of the family tested negative throughout. The family repeatedly asked to leave and go home, but they weren't allowed.

The individual passenger was called Stefanie Korényi. You might be able to find more details about it. The story got quite a lot of media coverage at the time.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Polar Bear said:

I doubt it. You wouldn't find out until you and they got the PCR results back, so you wouldn't still be at the airport.

There was a situation in Phuket sandbox a while ago. A family group was flying together and one of them tested positive. The whole family was  quarantined, along with another passenger who had been sat near them on the flight.

The individual passenger and most of the family tested negative throughout. The family repeatedly asked to leave and go home, but they weren't allowed.

The individual passenger was called Stefanie Korényi. You might be able to find more details about it. The story got quite a lot of media coverage at the time.

Thanks, I found out with Google. I thing that Thailand should pay for quarantine when you are tested negative. Anyway I won't go back there as long as I risk to be quarantined.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Polar Bear said:

Apparently it's only because she accepted her fate : https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/12/tourist-fans-soured-by-hyper-regulation/

Stefanie Korényi from Berlin in Germany, however, was the one tourist who accepted her fate and is currently staying at an Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) hotel on Phuket which has left her €1,000 out of pocket, placed her in inferior accommodation and completely curtailed her holiday experience.

Other people could fly back home :

Officials in Phuket confirmed on Sunday that a party of 13 tourists flew off the island on Saturday night after being ordered into alternative quarantine holiday accommodation following the positive test confirmed last Tuesday night which has cast doubt over the scheme, given the initial protocols which insist that high-risk individuals on each flight must be placed in the costly Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) scheme on the island at their own expense for 14 days.