16 January re-opening, what bars will be open

aussiexpat

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

will now be in Pattaya on 15 Jan after all to do my part in supporting the bars

Congrats.???? Would suggest meeting up at Bodega for a few cold ones, but I'm off to Bangkok on 6th, then Udon on 10th and Chiang Mai 17th. Back in Patts sometime towards the end of January.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:18 AM, DefaultName said:

This seems to have been premature unfortunately.  Nothing has come from the official side.  I'm hoping that so many open that they can't be closed.  ????

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, aussiexpat said:

My friend works at Beer Hub, so I see that'll be open

Did the Hopf, or Hopbrauhouse on soi 13 and beach road survive? Did Hooters?

Edit: I was coming 22 Dec but just cancelled due nothing open, I'm trying to get myself excited that 16 Jan will be better lol

surprise yourself, wait and see but please when you get disappointed dont go on here and whinge, was in iRovers the other day had lunch with friend and a couple of shandies

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, stigar said:

I see that some bars open..the next day i see police razzia.Whats the real truth here?

There are a strict set of rules, which are only very loosely enforced, depending on location, probably bribes, among myriad other reasons. These bars are supposed to be licensed restaurants with SHA approval. Also billiards are not permitted. 

I've been to numerous of these "restaurants" which have no food but plenty of cold beer...which is all I'm there for! Also last week many actual restaurants serving alcohol had very active pool tables day and night. This week, the ones around me now have those tables covered and are totally inactive.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

There are a strict set of rules, which are only very loosely enforced, depending on location, probably bribes, among myriad other reasons. These bars are supposed to be licensed restaurants with SHA approval. Also billiards are not permitted. 

I've been to numerous of these "restaurants" which have no food but plenty of cold beer...which is all I'm there for! Also last week many actual restaurants serving alcohol had very active pool tables day and night. This week, the ones around me now have those tables covered and are totally inactive.

I havent been in pattaya the last 12 years.I prefer other places.BKK/KORAT is where i stay.And sometimes we go to koh chang/samet with her kids.NOT her whole family.I have experience from my exwife family..fill up the car(IZUZU HIGHLANDER)and go somewhere and i get the bills.My lady dont accept even neighbours at nigthtime coming looking for free beer.Anyway some try to sit down with me but i say i buy myself..and i drink myself.With a smile.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Pomeree guesthouse and that hotel on corner of buakhao\diana both did large beers, Pomeree now open the other one not yet

I loved the one on corner of bukcow/Diana which had the spaghetti and aussie burger stands. Saw lots drinking the large beers but couldn't do it myself as I like my beers ice cold until empty ????

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I loved the one on corner of bukcow/Diana which had the spaghetti and aussie burger stands. Saw lots drinking the large beers but couldn't do it myself as I like my beers ice cold until empty ????

Just gotta suck 'em down faster! ???? 

Know most think it beer drinking sacrilege, but enjoy my Thai swill with ice. ONLY Thai beer tho. Definitely not with a good Stout or Craft or even a Beer Lao Dark! ????

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

You know what, I've never had a less than cold beer there, some are iced up to start with and don't last long. Many people drinking in Bodega when i passed earlier

• Like 1