Thailand announces new measures for foreign arrivals, New Year countdown details

snoop1130

On 12/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, Farangus said:

I realized that I did not understand anything.

If my country is not included in the list of 63 countries and I previously planned 7 days (or 5 days from December 16) in the SHA + sandbox, then what category of foreigners do I fall into now?

Little O. Omicron, which so far from the SA data looks to be making people mildly sick 

9 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

so you choose to restrict your freedom by choosing not to restrict your freedom with a vaccination or a QR code? see your logic flaw here. You are not forced to be isolated. You are choosing to be.

Do you like to live in lockdowns too?

What is wrong with you? That whole <deleted> here is obviously not a free choice.

It is sad that it is necessary to use pictures to explain simple circumstances, but obviously otherwise you will not get it. So let me paint a picture:

You live in a village with 100 people.

Someone is kidnapping you. They lock you into a home.

He is telling you that to get free, you need to take this and that and do this and that.

But all the time he is telling you: "GrandPapillon, man, it is your free choice! You really do not need to do what I am telling you... buuuut if you don't do, you need to live with the consequences!"

Meaning, you will never being allowed to go outside anymore. Kidnapped forever.

Meanwhile, the other 99 people living in your village got kidnapped too.

After some time, 70 of them are agreeing to the requests of the kidnappers and are allowed to go out.

Now a poll is made:

"Do you think it is okay for people to stay kidnapped in their home while they didn't subjected to the requests?"

70% of the population of your village is answering with "Yes".

You are now the minority. How do you feel?

When I see posters like Ms42 talk about the few people who have had bad reactions or a few who have died

from a COVID vaccine, I have suspicions of them being anti vax, etc.   There have been over 800 thousand people in the USA

and over 5.3 million people die of some variant of COVID in the world foe so far, and yes a few have died from likely being

sick, or compromised then getting their shot.  I have taken my chances to get the 2 shots and am waiting to get a booster to

have my immunities strengthened, and I guess I am lucky not to have had bad reactions to any of the vaccines.

I have a few relatives who are selfish and are refusing the vaccinations. I have said bye to them and sent them a picture of what it

looks like to have a tube put down their throat, as if they catch the Delta variant, it could very well be their future.

I let them know that at that point, no relative can come to see them and they will die alone. The people who are protesting

their loss of freedoms by having to get a vaccine should be charged extra for clogging up the hospitals when they get

sick with COVID. That is my opinion anyway.   I will be happy when Thailand and other countries, can lessen the rules

and restrictions. Hopefully this Omicron variant is weaker and the next one is weaker still, it would be nice to see

and end to this long pandemic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, feasantplukka said:

So yesterday I got my Thai pass, to return to Thailand after 2yrs away from my wife and family, fully vaxed & boosted  1 day quarantine booked January 5th, staying 30 days, I now have to stay 7 days in quarantine,  ??????????

"Foreign arrivals under “test and go” and “sandbox” schemes are the only ones subject to a maximum of one-day quarantine while awaiting their negative COVID RT-PCR test results

On 12/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, poskat said:

who exactly do they mean by "other arrivals who are fully vaccinated". I live in bkk and have booked to go to phuket over xmas and NY arriving after dec 16.

You are not a foreign arrival if you already live in Bangkok . This is for people arriving in Thailand.

A post with a link to an unapproved social media source and a foreign language news site has been removed as well as the replies:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Edited by metisdead
Updated.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:33 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

I thought about going to an approved country for 21 days but what cocerns me is rules changing whilst waiting for the 21 days to elapse.

It's an unknown at present against a known duration of 2 weeks, that's what put me off.

Pls do note - i absolutely despise the 2 weeks locked up, with a passion but better the devil you know sometimes.

Yeah its exactly what I have going through my mind... to the T..... but my job means I can work anywhere and dont have to be back in TH for any particular timing so i will probably do the 21 days and see where it all ends up ..... idea of food being passed through a cat- flap in the hotel door reminds me of the Papillion movie.

5 hours ago, RobU said:

Here's a conspiracy theory for you  What if this is not about covid but about anti terrorism and tracking dissidents

Every covid test submits DNA so particular DNA profiles can be tracked across borders.

And particular DNA profiles can be isolated for 7 to 14 days under the excuse of Covid whilst they are investigating.

Then it all makes sense just sayin'????????????

A little more Cool-aid for you perhaps?  ????

• Haha 1

If it were not for the heartache it would cause the Thai population in the meantime, I would advocate a total boycott of the country until Prayut and his cronies were thrown out.

Such measures can take a while, but it

did contribute to the downfall of South Africa's Apartheid.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:18 AM, terryofcrete said:

Except the person who died from Omicron and the ones in the hospital ....and it's only just begun....

The gun shot to his head Defo had Omicron written all over it 55555 … Catch yourself on and stop doing fake news job of fear for them 55555

35 minutes ago, Millcx said:

The gun shot to his head Defo had Omicron written all over it 55555 … Catch yourself on and stop doing fake news job of fear for them 55555

Whatever you are on ... time to come back to the real world.... sadly there are too many like you out there posing a danger to the work of the good people trying to contain this variant as it takes over.