Transgender person allegedly attacks their boyfriend with a knife in Jomtien

webfact

556368-768x432.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya/Jomtien – A transgender person allegedly attacked their boyfriend in Jomtien with a knife early this morning, leading to the victim to flee on foot from their shared apartment towards a police sub-station in Jomtien.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident early this morning around 2:00 A.M. (December 14th) in Soi Jomtien 5, not far from the Dongtan Police Box. Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find Mr Wut, 24. His last name was not released by Pattaya Police.

Mr. Wut had sustained injuries from a stab wound on his left hand and was bleeding heavily, but was cognizant and fairly calm while he reported the incident to police from the nearby sub-station.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/14/transgender-person-allegedly-attacks-their-boyfriend-with-a-knife-in-jomtien/

PattayaNews.jpg

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How totally bizarre the journalist refers to her as their! 

Read the article if you don't get that.

Seemingly to avoid a specific gender pronoun!

I struggle myself sometimes. 

Edited by jacko45k

16 minutes ago, kamahele said:

I'm not quite sure why the writer had to mention that the alleged attacker was transgender. A couple got into a fight and one of them allegedly attacked the other.

It is what they do here, nationality is often specified too. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How totally bizarre the journalist refers to her as their! 

Read the article if you don't get that.

Easy, male thinks he is female therefore is more than one person therefore use the plural, either that or it is bad use of English by the journalist.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kamahele said:

I'm not quite sure why the writer had to mention that the alleged attacker was transgender. A couple got into a fight and one of them allegedly attacked the other.

General interest?  Relevance to the story?  That's how people write news reports?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Or click Bait to be exact!

I don't think it classes as "click-bait".  That's normally something that is misleading in some way.  I.e. you see something in a headline or title, then you click it and it turns out to not quite be true.

Maybe sensationalism, but not clickbait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Dont see the the relevance of gender at all. Two PEOPLE had a disagreement, one got stabbed (alledgedly)

With only two peple involved and one not present who knows ?

News is mostly for entertainment purposes.  It's common to report the genders and ages involved, maybe home towns.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Dont see the the relevance of gender at all. Two PEOPLE had a disagreement, one got stabbed (alledgedly)

With only two peple involved and one not present who knows ?

Women more frequently are the victims in DV situations, which this obviously is