J & J vaccine recipient needs booster in Thailand

Hapsman

In the end it's all about documentation, getting a vaccination certificate usable in the country.

J&J is on none of the recommendations of Thai health officials. As far as I know never officially used here.

That's why you don't find on the list below (in Thai language).

As you stated FDA recommends booster after 2 months. That is similar to Germany as far as I remember.

J&J single shot has very low efficacy and so highly recommended to use Moderna after that.

Can't help saying where to get. Mine is tomorrow, months after having paid for.

Somewhat self explanatory. Number in the right columns are months to wait after shot 1 and 2 (as written J&J never used here).

Found at Richard Barrow.

spacer.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, Hapsman said:

Has anyone who received the J & J vaccine been able to find booster options in Thailand?  FDA recommendation allows mixing with a Pfizer or Moderna booster after two months, but I'm not sure if Thai Public Health officials will allow this?

Did you receive J&J? In Thailand? As part of the French Embassy's efforts to vaccinate some of their citizens back in June?

Thai FDA approved J&J and there was some talk about orders, but don't think those came to pass so not a lot of locals with J&J. Those vaccinated here, or outside of Thailand (many wealthy thais did vaccine runs and j&J was a referred option early on due to single dose), may need to sort their own boosters.

In the U.S. I think there is a J&J booster, and that Pfizer or Moderna can also be used as a booster.

So finagling a Moderna (paid) or Pfizer (gov't) may be the best/only options?

I had the J&J in New York on a business trip and then recently had the Pfizer here in Bangkok as a first shot not booster as my first JJ was overseas Thai health authorities did not provide a 50% booster or really want to record theJ &J so I opted for the full Pfizer and will have the second shot next month. Its easier to start all over again and have the complete Pfizer shots. Incidentally my J & J vaccine was administered last June so the gap in time between shots was 6 months. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optimistictoday said:

I had the J&J in New York on a business trip and then recently had the Pfizer here in Bangkok as a first shot not booster as my first JJ was overseas Thai health authorities did not provide a 50% booster or really want to record theJ &J so I opted for the full Pfizer and will have the second shot next month. Its easier to start all over again and have the complete Pfizer shots. Incidentally my J & J vaccine was administered last June so the gap in time between shots was 6 months. Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  How did you register for the full Pfizer course?  Was it through expatvac.consular.go.th, or another arrangement?  I think you are right that starting over is probably the best option, since I also received my J & J dose Stateside back in June.