Lazada vs Shopee -Poll Also payment -Poll

redwood1

Online shopping poll  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To mee there is another important point, thats about delievery times.

Lazada is realy slowing down and allow their courier companies to send the orders around from hub to hub to hub to............ Now normal delievery times to my address is around 1 week for national orders and around 3 week for orders from China.

The other day I see an express shopee delievery car, maybe shopee is going to do something about the delievery problem ?

• Like 1

I found Shopee to take too long on delivery - order to door....

Only COD when I order - still have cash stuck in Lazada's wallet from orders the sellers dropped....

Probably at 90%+ Lazada versus Shopee....I will cross check  against the other on items that I am unsure of what a reasonable price is....

I'd rather shop locally - Thailand available over feeding China's engine but they're avoiding disclosure of origin... With Shopee there's little doubt of origin....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I almost exclusively use Lazada, dont like Shoppee at all. I do however search Lazada in both languages thoroughly. I found that often the search term used can make a dramatic difference. It pays to phrase some things differently.

Yea this is a good trick, using Thai to search...Many times it shows nothing new, but sometimes it can be helpful...

• Like 1

Shopee is often cheaper, and Shopee seems to have more hard to find things...

But Lazada has better tracking and seems to ship a bit faster......

Also Lazadas website is a bit cleaner....

I try to get the absolute lowest price on things so I end up using Shopee more.....I guess about 75% Shopee 25% Lazada....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

LAZ & Shopee's in house search engines are terrible, so also do google, adding lazada.co.th to the mix.  If on Amazon, then good for reviews, but not for buying, due to pre-paid shipping/duty cost.

priceza is also a good search engine at times, and will bring up both vendors + others.

I voted COD only, but on rare unavoidable cases, will pay w/visa, usually AliExpress or if I'm familiar with the vendor.

COD has the advantage, so far, as avoiding a customs' duty if coming from overseas.  Quite surprised my ebike conversion kit made it through, as both heavy & had accurate declared value on it.  Getting the feeling they had a lot of CODs refused due to high duties. ????

Household items, Central online (using 'discount high-low filter) will pull up some bargains, along with HomePro, same items as brick & mortar, but cheaper, and can pick up at local branch if ordered on line, or have delivered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Those that do COD on Lazada. How do you get refunded if the item proves faulty and you don't have a wallet?

I only once had a faulty item, and the seller send a brand new one and told after it arrives I can send him back the faulty one. He send it to us and we send the faulty one back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Shopee is often cheaper, and Shopee seems to have more hard to find things...

yes

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

But Lazada has better tracking and seems to ship a bit faster......

no, shopee's tracking is just about the same.

Lazada's search engine just does not work, Shopee's search is much better.

I used exclusively Lazada for a few years until I got fed up with its nuisances and scams, now >95% of my orders are on Shopee and <5% Lazada.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Then honestly what's the point of COD

To make sure something is delivered.

And if I'm at home, to check the weight and size of the package seems about right.

Once I ordered 3 solar panels, 2m x 1m total weight 75Kg, delivery guy arrived with an envelope. I said, "that ain't what I ordered", a few days later they came back with the panels.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

I shop extensively online.  I buy from both but far more Shopee than Lazada.  I find the prices tend to be higher on Lazada though not always.  Strangely enough you can have the same item on Shopee and Lazada from the same seller and have two different prices.  Usually Lazada is higher and I can only assume that the charge to the seller on Lazada must be higher so that cost is passed along. 

I don't find delivery times different on either. They both use Kerry, DHL, J&T, Flash etc.  Sometimes fast sometimes slow. 

Both search engines for Lazada and Shopee are lousy.  You can literally copy the listing title on both of them, input it with a search and get a no item found response.  Shopee tends not to show multiple ads from the same seller for the same product.  Lazada is cluttered with them, so I find searching on them is taxing. 

Finally, Shopee gives vouchers for free shipping and they apply to the entire order.  Lazada gives free shipping voucher every day but it applies to only selected products and only to 1 item. 

Edited by Longwood50
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I shop extensively online.  I buy from both but far more Shopee than Lazada.  I find the prices tend to be higher on Lazada though not always.  Strangely enough you can have the same item on Shopee and Lazada from the same seller and have two different prices.  Usually Lazada is higher and I can only assume that the charge to the seller on Lazada must be higher so that cost is passed along. 

I don't find delivery times different on either. They both use Kerry, DHL, J&T, Flash etc.  Sometimes fast sometimes slow. 

Both search engines for Lazada and Shopee are lousy.  You can literally copy the listing title on both of them, input it with a search and get a no item found response.  Shopee tends not to show multiple ads from the same seller for the same product.  Lazada is cluttered with them, so I find searching on them is taxing. 

Finally, Shopee gives vouchers for free shipping and they apply to the entire order.  Lazada gives free shipping voucher every day but it applies to only selected products and only to 1 item. 

Where are the shopee vouchers? I've not seem any yet but i manage to get free shipping or discount everytime with Lazada

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I never use COD. Extremely inconvenient sitting at home waiting for parcel instead of just being dropped off at juristic. Both platforms have excellent return policy. I ordered over 200 parcels in the past year. 3 or 4 had issues. The seller always solved the problem and if not Lazada and Shopee did.

I always use COD, but I am 90% of the time at home and never ever missed a Delivery or even had to re-schedule one.

And why don't you give the money (to pay for the COD) to the Juristic. When we lived in a Condo we did that, and never an issue!

16 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Those that do COD on Lazada. How do you get refunded if the item proves faulty and you don't have a wallet?

I had that problem before. I took one email to customer service and they converted the wallet to a voucher which was easy to use with the next order.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pravda said:

I never use COD. Extremely inconvenient sitting at home waiting for parcel instead of just being dropped off at juristic. Both platforms have excellent return policy. I ordered over 200 parcels in the past year. 3 or 4 had issues. The seller always solved the problem and if not Lazada and Shopee did.

Here is a trick for people who don't want to deal with deliveries...

Just send the package to one of those private mail box places....

I have been sending my packages to a mail place on Soi Bukow (near the night market) for many years now....

It's heaven......

No phone calls from lost drivers EVER

She charges 20 baht a package but I always pay 40 baht because she does a great job and handles all the COD packages...

Its well worth 40 baht a package to me, to not deal with deliveries..

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

Really wish the poll had included eBay as they have become my first choice.  Although eBay is not always the cheapest option, I find that most of the time they are.  As others have already mentioned, shipping time is also important, and over this past year I've become frustrated with both Lazada and Shopee sellers that indicate the item I want is located in Thailand, but all too often the delivery takes a month or more, suggesting to me the product was most likely ordered from China.  Also, most eBay sellers provide a tracking number and always provide a delivery window of time, and if your parcel fails to arrive on time, eBay guarantees to refund your money.  

• Thanks 1

I am using Lazada , and for the first time I have a package showing shipped. But there is no tracking number or delivery company name. 

Is this a new Lazada thing or a blip ?

Edited by NE1

19 minutes ago, siamike said:

Really wish the poll had included eBay as they have become my first choice.  Although eBay is not always the cheapest option, I find that most of the time they are.  As others have already mentioned, shipping time is also important, and over this past year I've become frustrated with both Lazada and Shopee sellers that indicate the item I want is located in Thailand, but all too often the delivery takes a month or more, suggesting to me the product was most likely ordered from China.  Also, most eBay sellers provide a tracking number and always provide a delivery window of time, and if your parcel fails to arrive on time, eBay guarantees to refund your money.  

Some problems with E-bay is if the shipper does not offer free international shipping then 99% of the time I will not buy because of shipping cost.....

And I don't think I have ever had a ebay package take less than 3 weeks for shipping .....Some 4 and 5 weeks from India.....

Plus paypal has turned into a cranky bi_ch in the last year or so....I have had many problems...

Edited by redwood1

21 hours ago, finnsk said:

To mee there is another important point, thats about delievery times.

Lazada is realy slowing down and allow their courier companies to send the orders around from hub to hub to hub to............ Now normal delievery times to my address is around 1 week for national orders and around 3 week for orders from China.

The other day I see an express shopee delievery car, maybe shopee is going to do something about the delievery problem ?

Ive noticed this too. It shows the tracking on the map and the delivery truck is going here, there and everywhere instead of direct to me. 

if you get the wrong item or it doesn't work,  trying to get a refund is a nightmare with Lazada & Shopee.

I've received a faulty product on Lazada a couple of times,  one was the electric cord started smoking as a wire inside almost exposed, and the other was an item that didn't work as it was suppose to. Both times the vendor didn't have a new item to send.   I received the wrong item from shopee, refund approved, but you need a wallet which I don't have,  and now they want my bank account details, bank book photo copy etc .....   which i'm very reluctant to give out especially to Shopee.   

• Like 1