Thailand Road Carnage video: Innocent ladies and child in Mirage have no chance as truck/trailer swerves

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A dash cam video in the area of Makro Bang Bon west of Bangkok showed the terrifying moment when a truck trailer gave the driver of a Mitsubishi Mirage no chance.

The truck reportedly hit a drainage area then the driver lost control veering over to the right and slamming the passenger car into the central reservation wall. 

Luckily the car following behind was able to stop in time. 

Two women aged 32 and 25 were in the car with a two year old girl. At least one of these was ejected.

They all were taken to hospital.

The truck stopped 500 meters ahead, reported Sanook.

They quoted a witness as saying that the driver of the Hino truck jumped out and fled the scene in a taxi.

Bang Khun Thian police are investigating. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-21

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

I wonder what their physical injuries and ongoing impairments may be? Physical and psychological longterm

The driver even if jailed, gets his life back, however what fate is in store for the survivors?

Traffic accidents sometimes leave survivors dependent on others for life.

• Like 1

How many of these truck drivers and the like get away with a murder on a daily basis, literally ?!

Its always the same issue, total anarchy on Thai roads, nobody cares and what about the police ..?! Nowhere to be seen ???? 

Edited by Ramdas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grego49 said:

Another gutless Thai driver,fled the scene,

Sadly, also occurs here in Cambodia (20 December 2021):-

"At least seven people died in a fatal traffic accident in Kandal province’s Kien Svay district when a pick-up vehicle hit four motorbikes ............. a speeding Toyota Tundra collided with four motorbikes, killing seven riders and passengers... After the accident, the Tundra driver left his car behind and fled, police said" 

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50991163/at-least-seven-people-dead-in-a-fatal-accident-in-kandal-provinces-kien-svay-district/

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

I can't help that my first thought was about seatbelts. I don't understand why it's so hard for some to just put them on. 

It looks like both mother and baby were thrown out of the vehicle. I wonder if they had been wearing a seat belt their injuries would have been less severe?

4 hours ago, Almer said:

Why do a runner and why does it take 500 metres to pull over, Police make a fresh start and investigate this, or if you are to busy I have some knowledge of how you go about it.

Probably wasn't going to stop and had second thoughts...but ran just the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s how it works when they put morons behind the wheels of big trucks. Great to read that all was taken to hospital, and we know they survived. One child safe, made my day.

The last sentence is ridiculous! What is there to investigate? They´ve got the video already! Now go a get the m-<deleted> hiding out at his mothers place. Because that´s the mentality of such a-ses!

Driver was on something? 

Where are the log books Prayut promised some time ago? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This video is great, not because of the awful circumstances, but it should zip the stupid traps of a certain type of TVF poster that'll have you convinced Thais never stop to help.

The truck looks like it had a blowout on one of the nearside tractor unit axles.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, SW Happy said:

Doesn't look to me like he lost control, more like deliberate swerve.

I watched the video about six times in a row to try to discern why he swerved, and I'm convinced too (that it was a deliberate swerve). I think he was <deleted> off that the victim's car emerged from the right side of the other truck they were both passing and that she was going to pass him. Probably meth-addled road rage.