Police Checkpoints in Pattaya

dsmiththailand

I'm a member of a Line group (Road Safety Pattaya) where members post locations and a brief description of police checkpoints in the Pattaya area,  Group is limited to 500, there's another one on Line that's full but my friend is waiting for an opening to invite me.

Maybe time to start another?

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

easier to just be legal?

Yes of course and that seems to work very well..... it is just those absent minded actions like taking a left turn on a red light (someone often beeps you from behind!), or simply pulling up that little bit too far forward over the naughty line. 

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2021 at 2:23 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

VCPs stop Thais more than foreigners and at the Thapraya Pratumnak junction VCP Thais are in the majority of being held  checked and finded. However, the area is cursed with foreigners on motor cycles, in party mode, dubious paperwork, no helmets, stupid clothing etc. The police do a valuable and necessary job.

if a person is drunk they shouldnt be on the road

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2021 at 5:33 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, it's a Line group but I left as I was getting too many alerts.

Police checkpoints are at the usual places, very big one today Pattaya 2nd road, 20+ police

Any chance of a quick summary of the "usual places". I haven't been going out much lately and would appreciate the heads up, and also, what time of day are these checkpoints usually set up?

On 12/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, dsmiththailand said:

Is there an app that informs you if there are police check points setup around pattaya?  I was out today and drove by two of them.

Did they stop you? I've never driven by checkpoints as they normally pull everyone up. Where were they and approximately at what time?

This was 3rd road near Soi Excite earlier this year. 2nd road near Pattaya Tai and Dolphin Roundabout are regular checkpoints too. Like another poster said look out for traffic jams on Google Maps as a fair indication of checkpoints. 

• Haha 1