22 baht shy of 800k for a month

48 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Imm. require a 12 month statement to ensure your balance has not dropped below the 800k/400k during the year..  (...or you need to keep the bank-book updated every month or so.)

That's not correct. 

Perhaps your immigration office have that requirement.

Which office? 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

they could steer you to an agent who would charge 8k+ for that

Yes go to a agent 8K will be a lot less trouble than leaving the country and returning. But next time have more money than 800,000 baht in your account, and you won't have this problem.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, 2009 said:

Why does the money have to be there all year for retirement extension, but only two months for marriage/family extension?

Strange.

I believe it is a matter of control over the visa holders. My local IMO, places lots of overboard paperwork on a retirement visa holder versus a marriage/family/other, visa. I had a wife visa for many years and got caught on one of the control changes, then had to use a retirement visa. The IMO office this past November got very upset, that I changed back to a wife visa, charged me 500 Bt to do it. I have the funds as required to cover any visa flop they come up with, as every years mine changes.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Why have a card for an account used for retirement extensions with a balance so close to limit? Just open a second account for immigration only with no card so no annual fees or unexpected deductions all year long?

Or just put in an extra hundred thousand baht in the account. 

It sucks to have fiat in an account, when crypto is so much better, but until immigration accepts 1 BTC as proof of savings that is what we have to do.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, steve73 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if the 12-month (actually 2x 6-months) self printed statements available via Kasikorn's new K-Biz internet site are acceptable to Immigration (rather than having to wait for a branch to supply a statement).  I realise a bank letter would still be required.  

The statement must be signed and chopped by the bank officer or else it's not considered legal.

My bank officer chopped and signed on every page of my bank statement which is a pain in the ass for him

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Yes go to a agent 8K will be a lot less trouble than leaving the country and returning. But next time have more money than 800,000 baht in your account, and you won't have this problem.

Why go to an agent when he can just pay another 100 baht to get another bank letter for another bank account.

One can total up two bank accounts to make up for the 800k

Just now, EricTh said:

Why go to an agent when he can just pay another 100 baht to get another bank letter for another bank account.

One can total up two bank accounts to make up for the 800k

Right.

No need for an agent.

Well unless the officer wants to be difficult about accepting two accounts.

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Right.

No need for an agent.

Well unless the officer wants to be difficult about accepting two accounts.

Two accounts with same bank is VERY common. 

I posted above the bank can provide one letter that covers both accounts. 

No issue.

20 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Went in yesterday, got the passport, all done and signed not a word was said. I looked at the date of the signature, it was the 29th ie the same day I applied, still had to wait 8 days to get it back.

Why did they approve when your balance is below 800k? What did you do to get it approved?

Edited by EricTh

On 12/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, easydoor said:

This problem is the same as people waiting for the very last day to make an extension of stay to come to the conclusion they are missing a document. A clever person doesn't have only 800K but some more as 820K on his account for in case.....

Don't give IMMI a chance to find something to refuse your request. Be more clever they are ....

I have my 800K in a fixed deposit account . It is not touched all year . On day of applying for extension , I go to bank get account updated --this usually adds a small amount of interest to the account ---then get a letter from bank - usually cost 200b - then off to immigration. This 800k is also my get out of jail money should things go really sour in LOS ---go to bank withdraw money , straight to airport and get out of dodge ( should it ever be needed). Obviously I have a second account for day to day living .

• Like 2