Art Gallery & Cafe in Jomtien raided over the holiday weekend for allegedly holding a late-night Christmas party, acting as an entertainment venue

webfact

S__20963343-768x432.jpg

By  Nop Meechukhun

Pattaya –  An art gallery and cafe in the Banglamung district was raided shortly after midnight yesterday, December 26th, after reportedly organizing a late-night Christmas party with more than 100 customers and basically being an entertainment venue, violating the orders of the Provincial Communicable Disease Committee.

Currently, entertainment venues are legally closed nationwide, as are bars and similar venues due to Covid-19 rules, notes TPN media. However, in reality, many have become different venues, such as “restaurants”, cafes, or even art galleries in the interim to stay open.

Pattaya City Police arrived at the Ma Ha Na Cafe in Jomtien near Soi 9 at around 1:46 A.M. last night after reportedly hearing loud music coming out from the venue while patrolling the area to maintain the order of the Covid-19 restrictions.

Upon arrival, more than 100 Thai and foreign customers were allegedly seen gathering and dancing along with loud music without socially distancing, wearing masks, or properly protecting themselves from the virus

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/27/art-gallery-cafe-in-jomtien-raided-over-the-holiday-weekend-for-allegedly-holding-a-late-night-christmas-party-acting-as-an-entertainment-venue/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon arrival, more than 100 Thai and foreign customers were allegedly seen gathering and dancing along with loud music without socially distancing, wearing masks, or properly protecting themselves from the virus

Tut tut.... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tarteso said:

ONE electronic cigarette (vaping device) was also reportedly found in a Thai customer’s belongings during the capture and this individual was detained. 

????

The filth must be getting really really desperate. 

Looks like gotta be careful with those in Pattaya..

• Like 2

My bar owner friend near Big C Pattaya Klang has been told by the BiB from BANGKOK she is allowed to remain open until 11:00 pm. Too much confusion and lack of coordination by those supposedly in charge. Left hand and right hand aren't even speaking to each other any more.

Edited by HappyExpat57
speling [sic]

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

On Christmas Day there was a big party in the temple near my house with very very loud music a lots of people, but no police in sight... My Christmasdiner with background music was overwhelmed with the bass of the music from the temple... even a conversation with my partner was not possible.. Nobody ever heard of the damage the noise will do to their ears?? And especially a temple should give a good example and take care for the people, but mostly they allow it all the time

Yes. Its great to see how  temples here are used for entertainment  here especially for poor people and working people. Temples are a community  resource helping people enjoy life.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

However, one electronic cigarette (vaping device) was also reportedly found in a Thai customer’s belongings during the capture and this individual was detained. 

That just confirms how totally pathetic the Thai authorities have become !

Absolutely. Apparently they do have the time and manpower for raids like these, but not for doing their actual job, like fighting real crime and making Thai roads safer. This was probably just a nice photo-op for the men in brown. 

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

However, one electronic cigarette (vaping device) was also reportedly found in a Thai customer’s belongings during the capture and this individual was detained. 

That just confirms how totally pathetic the Thai authorities have become !

Have always been. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. Its great to see how  temples here are used for entertainment  here especially for poor people and working people. Temples are a community  resource helping people enjoy life.

Yes, when I hear the noise from one, best to go pay a visit. A few games of bingo help my Thai, the Mrs loves to try and catch fish with a tissue net, and I often enjoy roast chestnuts... and a cold beer.  Watching said poor people enjoy themselves is entertainment itself. There was a woman stealing shoes from those entering the Temple once, but we found her hiding place!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, when I hear the noise from one, best to go pay a visit. A few games of bingo help my Thai, the Mrs loves to try and catch fish with a tissue net, and I often enjoy roast chestnuts... and a cold beer.  Watching said poor people enjoy themselves is entertainment itself. There was a woman stealing shoes from those entering the Temple once, but we found her hiding place!

A lost soul indeed!