Thailand unveils plans to cope with Omicron COVID variant outbreak

snoop1130

7 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thanks oh wise one.

Do everyone a favour and get a booster once you save enough money to travel to Thailand.

1. I’m lucky enough that I don’t need to save ‘per se’.

2. 3 shots Pfizer already.

3.. I’m already here!

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not a fan of the confused presentation the devolved government responsibilities has created in the UK. Some are showboating. The best front to present would be a united one.  

Not easy when the “leader” is a johnson. It’d probably present much more credibly if one of the others took over.

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Problems with Laos and nieghboring countries is that it's so porous along the entire border.

Thousands of people crossing everyday.  Probably more than the there were legal crossings even before COVID-19.

Anyways, this current virus is so contagious theres no way to avoid it.

Exactly my point: nobody can stop it whether they “close” the country or not. 
mon the other Hans even “non-porous” countries like North Korea, although not admitted get it.

As much as Life finds it’s way, the Covid finds doors.

useless to fight it by closing borders 

And, I do not have a solution , I just think that paranoia is here for a while 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

If you're looking for active cases of Omicron, fever is not a good way to identify them which leaves the temperature scanners largely redundant.

Ah, the temperature scanners! I think I'd change 'largely redundant' to "complete and total waste of time'. They're like those ridiculous plastic face shields that some people wear. Make sense in an OR or a dentist's chair; pointless in a department store. 

There should be a TV sweepstakes for who's recorded the lowest temperature on one of those scanners. 29.3 C for me.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

Although I came via test&go I do not think this is a safe route. There should be 5 days min quarantine for all to cover incubation period. On day 6 get pcr test. Forget LFT. Too unreliable.

Then straight out into the community to catch it anyway.

11 hours ago, connda said:

You are vaccinated and yet you are afraid of contracting Covid?  Why?  You're safe.  Most the the world leaders said if you get the vaccines you won't get Covid.  Only the unvaccinated spread Covid.  Are you unvaccinated?  No? So you have nothing to worry about.  Test and quarantines should be a thing of the past for clean, vaccinated people!  I hate it when people spread conspiracy theories that the fully vaccinated get Covid no less spread it. 
It's an "epidemic of the unvaccinated."  All vaccinated citizens are "Safe!"  Stop spreading lies and rumors.  You'll create a panic. 
Vaccinated = Completely Safe!

You are misinformed. 

Covid 19 vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infections. They are, however, highly effective at preventing serious illness and death.  Fully vaccinated people can still get infected. These are called breakthrough infections. And those who get them WILL BE contagious, and can infect others.

Effectiveness for covid 19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) range from 51 to 96%. So hypothetically, depending on which vaccine(s) you received, you have a 4 to 49% 'opportunity' to have a breakthrough infection. Add to that the decreased vaccine effectiveness over time, age and sex factors, and new, possibly more virulent covid 19 variants; and protections provided by being initially "fully vaccinated" are not what you may think they are. The boosters are needed for more reasons than just to make some people richer. 

My point:  

VACCINATED is not equal to COMPLETELY SAFE!

Safer regarding reducing risk of infection, severity of disease, hospitalization, and/or death: YES!

Completely safe from the above, and from infecting others if you get a breakthrough infection?: NO!

Mask-up! Be safe and keep others safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

aghh the omnicron quagmire,firstly thai govt doesnt do mass testing so we cant know the extent by any means of whats actually going on .only that its a lot higher than what they say!!why?racism yes accountability yes,corruption yes,arrogance and self importance ohhhh yeeeees.its already ripping thru the realm!.but we r all familiar with this menu so no need to go over ploughed ground.whats next?look at S Afrika,consistent data saying the same thing and grounded experts not budding tv stars and buddies in big pharma.they state if youve 2 vaccs,the real ones, not the made in wuhan ones, your good to go,lets do that then!symptoms are very mild so....its a way outta jail.it could be within a few weeks the world is in a better place ,i hope so.i think so.why?this strain will replace the deadlier ones and a cold 3 or 4 days as the info from SA tells us and we are immune and back in the game....of life.will the wizards of washington and big pharma let us off the hook though thats the bigger question or will they continue to play the game of money for the drug companies and power to .....well not the people but we think we know where the power lies.all will be revealed shortly by our gods and masters, those of the donned white coats.

Oh boy. It would appear you may have some experience dealing with people in white coats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As much as people like to complain in this forum (myself included), the Health Ministry has come a long way in managing the pandemic and I do believe they are better prepared now than when they were caught flat footed at the start. The vaccine issue has disappeared. The organisation of a work force of normal hardworking Thai people who go out every day and grind, be that administering booster shots to a large population or picking up multiple patients per day in ambulances or caring for Thai's and expats a like and keeping up on all the administration and organisation .... its a huge and thankless task. They deserve credit.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, connda said:

You are vaccinated and yet you are afraid of contracting Covid?  Why?  You're safe.  Most the the world leaders said if you get the vaccines you won't get Covid.  Only the unvaccinated spread Covid.  Are you unvaccinated?  No? So you have nothing to worry about.  Test and quarantines should be a thing of the past for clean, vaccinated people!  I hate it when people spread conspiracy theories that the fully vaccinated get Covid no less spread it. 
It's an "epidemic of the unvaccinated."  All vaccinated citizens are "Safe!"  Stop spreading lies and rumors.  You'll create a panic. 

"Only the unvaccinated spread covid"?  Where did you read that? Was it from a medical professor that graduated at both the the universities of YouTube and Facebook?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Whatever plan they come up with it can only be better than the just do as you please plan England came up with. At least the rest of the UK has some sensible management whilst England had 113,000 case today.

You’re not honestly serious are you? Take Wales for example, the only place that I know of that you can get fined for actually going to work but it’s ok for the work shy and the ones that milk the state to sit in the pub all day, as long as there’s not more than 6 of them sat together? ????????????

17 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes, they shouldn't have opened up at all.

Everyone has a date with the Coronavirus, if it were up to me, I would let it rip as when those who get infected get immunity, it prepares their system for the next variant, as for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, boosters, what more can you do.

Hiding from it only means delaying your fate, man up and take it on the chin while it's the less deadly strain, as reported, those vaccinated are less at risk of sever disease, cough, cough.

It will also be better for your mental health, i.e. you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, connda said:

Utter rubbish !, you can still catch it and still pass it on, (speaking from experience) your symptoms will be milder but dangerous to others, regular testing is essential. 

Some posters think that Omicron is just like a regular flu, well think hard, do you get the regular flu 

every single year?  I certainly have not had bad flus every year, but with the Omicron being so contagious

I think there will be a lot of you posters who will get it.  Are you looking forward to it with glee?

Are you 100 percent that you will not die from it. If you are in the hospital and can not breath, then the doctor says, oh sorry but

you have the Delta variant, will you be thinking a bit different?  Just wondering?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Everyone has a date with the Coronavirus, if it were up to me, I would let it rip as when those who get infected get immunity, it prepares their system for the next variant, as for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, boosters, what more can you do.

Hiding from it only means delaying your fate, man up and take it on the chin while it's the less deadly strain, as reported, those vaccinated are less at risk of sever disease, cough, cough.

It will also be better for your mental health, i.e. you won't have to worry about it anymore.

I think like that occasionally.

I'm more worried about our two young children.

Omicron is showing that its effecting younger children worse.

"Omicron variant may cause spike in hospitalizations of children, reports say"

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/27/22855526/omicron-variant-hospitalizations-children-california-new-york

Hospitals in Thailand won't be able to cope if it hits 15,000 cases a day.

Either I don't think many more people able to travel in the coming weeks.  Its not going to be up to the government.

It'll depend on how much this variant ravages the health sector.

I think there letting everyone travel outside of Bangkok for the holidays then  they'll seal it so nobody can get back in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrJ2U said:

I think like that occasionally.

I'm more worried about our two young children.

Omicron is showing that its effecting younger children worse.

"Omicron variant may cause spike in hospitalizations of children, reports say"

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/27/22855526/omicron-variant-hospitalizations-children-california-new-york

Hospitals in Thailand won't be able to cope if it hits 15,000 cases a day.

Either I don't think many more people able to travel in the coming weeks.  Its not going to be up to the government.

It'll depend on how much this variant ravages the health sector.

I think there letting everyone travel outside of Bangkok for the holidays then  they'll seal it so nobody can get back in.

They will seal Bangkok after everyone has gone to Isaan, and then come back to Bangkok. 

• Like 2