Israeli Who Escaped Quarantine Will be Charged and Deported

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Pretty sure  that he would have been given instructions on arrival at the hotel that he couldn't leave until his PCR test had come back negative.

Not much to ask to wait a few hours.

You know what.... you are probably right, but I would not be certain. Things sure can get lapse here, and attention to detail is not their strong point. Every guest should be given written instructions, and made to sign, obviously in English at best, on arrival. 

If it is anything like immigration giving me my 'return after 90 days with bankbook' instruction, it's a coin flip!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, geisha said:

I suppose they are right.What if every other fool decided to do a runner ?  If he did have Omicron or Delta or asymptomatique, he’s not allowed to leave like that and potentially spread whatever he’s got. 

He didn't do a runner.  Many hotels allow their guests to leave during the quarantine period for a fee.  I am quite sure the guy just paid his fee and continued on with his vacation oblivious to the furor that followed.  I seriously doubt that an Israeli who can afford to take a vacation in Thailand is a stupid as he is being portrayed.  He's being scapegoated.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

A chap in Australia was just released from 3 months in prison (sentenced to 9), for breaking quarantine rules. He was non positive. 

Guessing he would have loved just a press conference.

Does it paint Oz in a bad light?

Who cares. Yesterday's news.

Relevancy? None.

Tourist? No.

Have any thais been similarly pilloried? 

Try again.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Pretty sure  that he would have been given instructions on arrival at the hotel that he couldn't leave until his PCR test had come back negative.

I was given no such instruction by the hotel, but I didn't expect to, it was totally obvious what the one night test and go was all about.

The hotel reception phoned my negative result to me in the evening so I knew I was OK to check out the following morning.

• Thanks 1

And what happened to the numerous Thai who fled quarantine earlier last year?

(About 75 just legged it from home and places like Sattahip)

And destroyed any possibility of anyone else doing home or self quarantine.

Possibly 3 wai and don't do it again!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading in the Israeli newspapers feed backs on this case and it seems that many of his fellow country men and women didn't condone his deeds either with many disapproving his stupidity.. so there, the is a pariah now everywhere...

I don't know the entry procedure into Israel, but I am inclined to think that when they send him back he will not leave quarantine facilities there in the way he did in Thailand.

I detect arrogance in what he did, it's not stupidity, it's self entitlement and disrespect for a country that he thought of as a playground where he can get away with what he wouldn't dare doing at home.

He should pay for all costs of the chase and for testing and assisting all those he came into contact with.

Edited by canerandagio
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Of course not, he's been found guilty and already sentenced in the media. Why bother with evidence.

I can't wait to hear his side of what actually happened as soon as he gets back home.

I understand that Thailand was a very popular holiday destination for Israelis.

If, as I rather suspect, it proves to be a cluster<deleted>, coupled with the "discovery" that he has now tested positive - jolly convenient - then any publicity will be another boot into the remains of foreign tourism.

The various competing "authorities" really don't have a clue do they. It isn't the full on Stalinist "boot on your neck" of, for example North Korea, but their is a risk - perhaps one that is becoming a reality, that they will lead to the country being regarded in a similar light. In attracting tourism, as in many other fields, perception is all important.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

He should have waited in his hotel for one day.

Now he will most probably be deported and banned from entering Thailand for xx months/years?

What was supposed to be a holiday has turned out to be a nightmare just because he was impatient.

His gf didnt answer the phone for a few days. Have seen guys go nuts for less than that. 

But, cant wait to read his story if any

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Joules said:

He didn't do a runner.  Many hotels allow their guests to leave during the quarantine period for a fee.  I am quite sure the guy just paid his fee and continued on with his vacation oblivious to the furor that followed.  I seriously doubt that an Israeli who can afford to take a vacation in Thailand is a stupid as he is being portrayed.  He's being scapegoated.  

Really? 

• Thanks 2

So lets get this straight?

"Thai authorities are pressing charges against an Israeli tourist who escaped his quarantine hotel in Bangkok and will deport him after legal proceedings are concluded."

So he will be charged and whether he is found guilty or not, he will be deported?

So the Thai Authorities must know what decision the judge will make?

Interesting??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

So lets get this straight?

"Thai authorities are pressing charges against an Israeli tourist who escaped his quarantine hotel in Bangkok and will deport him after legal proceedings are concluded."

So he will be charged and whether he is found guilty or not, he will be deported?

So the Thai Authorities must know what decision the judge will make?

Interesting??

This is Thailand....   he’s already guilty. It would cost too much ‘face’ to announce now that this may have been a misunderstanding or miss-communication from the hotel. 

Half the posters on this forum want him jailed or hung, the other half just want to know what really happened. Did he actually ‘escape’ or was he ‘told he can leave’ ???

• Like 2