Expert: Omicron to Be Globally Dominant in 1-2 Months

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

I think the beginning of the 5th wave is already starting Thailand, No need to wait until after New Year ,  8 Omicron cases a week ago now over 700 !!

WAKE UP !! 

The eminent Doctor Yong just has to make his statement

I hope Thailand keeps up with the changes on the testing methods, in order to gain more accurate numbers. The CDC is making this change as of Dec 31st. Read carefully.

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel ...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, Dec 29 (TNA) – A renowned virologist predicts Omicron will be the dominant variant of COVID-19 worldwide in a few months and Thailand may face its 5 th  wave of the disease after the New Year holiday.

5th wave? And I thought that we are still in the 3rd wave that started in April, I haven't seen any news about the 3rd wave ended, and a new 4th wave has began...????

Is this going to be a boring 5th wave, or maybe it should be called the Omicron wave.

Thailand should be happy that their numbers are not as bad as UK, Europe, USA, or many 

other countries like Russia, China, etc. If people believe the low numbers that China says

it has, well, would you like to meet the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny?  I just watched the Who say that

both delta and omicron are still being spread and people are still being infected by both of these variants of COVID 19.

Glad I got my 3rd shot of Pfizer.

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

We are beyond the point where case count even matters. It is clear that this strain is not as deadly and the only thing that really matters is hospitalization and death.

You need to convince the politicians and the adults who have soaked their pampers though fear

Now then, let's all open our eyes and think about this with pure logic for one moment. If it is so clear that Omicron is going to explode, why close AFTER new year and not now? When you wake up and realise this is all a sham, you will see it is very simple that they will let you all out to play for Christmas and New Year, let you have some fun, then say, that's it, home time....no more now for another 6 months because that dastardly deadly virus is back. You know the one, the one that has seen masses of people taken from their homes dead, seen all the homeless die, and effected oh dso many under 70 years of age with no underlying issues.

7 hours ago, nausea said:

Watching some pundit on YouTube (Dr. John Campbell) examining the stats. (mostly UK) - Omnicron is increasing exponentially (the phrase "resistance is futile" springs to mind), displacing Delta, hospitalisations and deaths stable. Take from that what you will. I have confirmation bias - I always thought locking down the world was stupid, on a pros and cons basis, but now we have generals fighting the last war..

Lockdowns saved Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Vietnam at least from major numbers of infections and deaths for a year before vaccines were available. What part of that was stupid?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

Absolute insanity is rife in this thread. Imagine that a national health authority should state what every single western health authority has also done? Imagine that he stated it in the language that his constituents understand and which will be on national television which is the only place many get their information, just like many of the western pundits on this board. Imagine that he's doing his actual job? Mind blowing.

But that isn't the point is it? It's the same on every one of these threads, the idiots just want to engage in some Thai bashing with nothing much to say.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Who'd have thunk that, .............and then followed by Songkran.

2386719_images(1).png.5f02ff572bf7fa7cd698ac1acd0b35d5.png

So what is next from our wizards of money making schemes, close the airports for a couple of months to bleed the People their false plans have caught in their net? March 2020 ring any bells!

Something I've noticed from the video below is it seemed to take 3-4 weeks for Omicron to almost fully displace Delta in the UK (apparently as of today Omicron is 93% +  of positive test).

If Thailand follows then by the 3rd week of Jan it'll be the same here.

Most omicron hospitalisations incidental - YouTube

Capture.PNG.37265d591028ec422c29a89161e6c07f.PNG

Edited by ed79
added graph

5 hours ago, rtco said:

Correction ... he is not a Doctor

I belive he  has a PhD in Nursing and BioScience which entitles him to use the honourific Doctor

He is not a medical doctor, however he is a well qualified human

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Probably not.

Chinese companies haven't been transparent.  If there we're good results it would be all over the news and easily Googled.

Just silence as they realize the Billions of people vaccinated are now basically easy targets for Omicron.

Just before the Olympics in less than two weeks.   

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/three-doses-of-chinas-sinovac-do-pretty-much-nothing-against-omicron-study

• Thanks 1

The time has come to open the borders, get life back on track and accept whatever collateral damage happens... its going to happen anyway so why not maximise herd immunity ASAP.....faster we peak the faster the decline will be ..... fighting a long drawn out containment policy will do nothing other than providing a longer time period which may have new variant implications ...... 7 days quarantine for tourists aint going to work.. sandbox if you want to but sooner we treat Omicron like the flu the sooner we will get on top of it..... trying to delay the inevitable may have unfortunate ramifications  that are far more serious than what we have now 

10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I guess he needed the publicity to state the obvious which has been known for some time, or did he think it would by pass Thailand to appease the tourist chiefs

It would have bypassed though if Thailand did not let in any dirty foreigners ????