What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

14 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Actually will not need to as I've found that the season available on netflix is actually season 1 and not season 4.

AFAIK, it's not available now but will be appearing in the next 24 hours.

Kind of like Recom273 said.

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

AFAIK, it's not available now but will be appearing in the next 24 hours.

Kind of like Recom273 said.

OK thanks but my netflix is showing season 4 available and can be watched but the episode titles are those of the season 1.

image.png.1afe8a612ee21d8d458973cc47c08948.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, userabcd said:

OK thanks but my netflix is showing season 4 available and can be watched but the episode titles are those of the season 1.

image.png.1afe8a612ee21d8d458973cc47c08948.png

I think this is the first season Netflix that have taken, good to see its premiered now .. It was originally on TV Pública, an Argentinian station ( along with Cromo & Okapas ) - post a sad face if you have trouble in finding it.

53 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I think this is the first season Netflix that have taken, good to see its premiered now .. It was originally on TV Pública, an Argentinian station ( along with Cromo & Okapas ) - post a sad face if you have trouble in finding it.

@userabcd I was wrong, for sure it was on Netflix from at least S02

On 1/13/2022 at 8:43 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching Braquo Season 1 (of 4). Its a French crime drama centred round the lives of members of a special police unit. Very good so far. Definitely worth a look IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429534/

The seasons are on the bay and kickass, but poorly seeded. 

Update. Last night I finished binge watching all 4 seasons. Definitely worth a look!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just an FYI. A new season 3 of The Bay has dropped. 6 episodes available on TPB. I downloaded just half hour ago. The IMDB shows the lead is now a different actress. The character of Lisa is gone.

Edited by longball53098
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 6:16 PM, GinBoy2 said:

For God's sake which decade are you living in?

The term 'dropped' is hardly a nonsensical Americanism but just normal 21st century English.

If this offends you go back to the 1950's steam trains and men in bowler hats!

Sports Players and Objects are “dropped”.

TV Series / Films are “released” or “showing” or “available”.

No natural need for extra new words. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Had a less than satisfying conclusion.

I was reading a review before deciding if I'd watch it or not and it mentioned the ending.

Without wanting to give anything away, it put me off so I skipped it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not the same without her.

I binged the complete season last night. Yes, not the same without Lisa and the entire 6 episodes was not too enjoyable for me. The plot for me was not too  exciting and the turmoil of Jenn's family life and her metal battles was too much add in the boss and his divorce issues and the lesbian chick and the Muslims. The whole thing was too much for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Availabe on RARBG.

Thanks, read up a little on the seasons and episodes and find the season available in netflix is the Season 4 so will not be starting there.

Have made a request to netflix for season 1 so will see if they provide it in future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Bruce Willis is turning out a lot of duds over the last few years, his acting abilities seem to be really lacking.

He only turns up for his paycheck, he's not interested in actually acting for his money.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

1883 is one of the best series i have seen for ages ,very very good

I couldn't get past the opening scene of the lady running around shooting indians (native Americans) with an arrow right through her guts. That's just too unbelievable.

Edited by giddyup
  • Confused 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, Blue Muton said:

Thanks for your concern but my comment about the comment monitor was in jest. I don't recall them commenting on one of my comments yet. Nothing to worry about, they'll never make prefect as they can't keep us delinquent types in order.

Is a comment monitor 'admin'?

• Haha 2

OK the blackface isn't PC but this was 1927. The Jazz Singer starring Al Jolsen. A historic movie as first partial talkie but also a very good melodramatic story. To me the theme was about the tensions of American Jews assimilating specifically in show business. I think this was the first time I saw this but it would be easy to forget a movie watched 50 years ago.

Edited by Jingthing