What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Candace Owens film on BLM out now on TPB. Lot of interesting facts I never knew before like George Floyd asked to be put on the floor and his 'loving' family never bothering to collect his belongings from where he was living

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, bubblegum said:

For all mankind, 3 seasons already and I'm not sure if its mentioned all ready but its really good  IMHO.

Had great potential that, sad to say, it doesn't live up to. Gave up after a few episodes owing to the feminist slant.  

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 10:29 PM, proton said:

Enjoying house of the dragon, off the TPB, but had to give up with bored of the rings. Poorly written and on the woke side, expensive flop.

Gave up on House Of The Draggin' after the first episode. Amazing how early one can predict a flop. Good visuals, though, as with Bored Of The Rings, with which I also didn't bother.

Last season of Westworld was pretty good, though, for SF that might appeal to the mob.

Recently I've been watching the alien invasion series Colony. Nothing new there, but the standard tropes are combined into a naturalistic drama without the usual hyperbolic effects and melodrama. Good casting, characters that generate interest, attractive female lead. Enough to hold my interest, anyway; no need to watch it more than once. It abruptly ends without coming to a satisfactory resolution.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/

One fan has this to say:

This is definitely my kind of sci-fi. It combines political drama, intrigue, mystery and classical sci-fi themes along with a sprinkling of cop show, detective, revolutinary type elements. It touches on cult worship and religions, whether the right thing to do is to fall in line with your oppressors or resist and risk the possible death of the innocent in the fight.

Edited by BigStar

On 10/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, bert bloggs said:

Downloaded  an old series Great Expectations from1981,  pity they no longer make great series like this any longer

I take your point, but they don't make great writers like Dickens any longer.

Now I think the 2011 Great Expectations series was overall better. Gillian Anderson's Miss Haversham will never be topped, even by forum members obsessed with a past injustice, real or imagined, at the hands of Thai police.

She also played Lady Dedlock in the 2005 Bleak House, the best of the Dickens adaptations IMO.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Seppius said:

I can recommend Black Bird, a 6 part mini series, acting is fantastic, based on a true serial killer story. (not seen it mentioned on here)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4301160/

I agree @Seppius, it was good. I watched it a while ago. I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned earlier, but I can't find the OP.

Edit: Here is the OP.

On 7/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Blackbird a prison based drama very good. For All people Mankind  - pretty good about an alternative  American  space program

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Had great potential that, sad to say, it doesn't live up to. Gave up after a few episodes owing to the feminist slant.  

Great show ! In season 3 there is an actual homosexual astronaut coming out of the closet from mars. Must be to hard to handle for someone who has a difficulty with strong women in high places.

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

Great show ! In season 3 there is an actual homosexual astronaut coming out of the closet from mars. Must be to hard to handle for someone who has a difficulty with strong women in high places.

No problem at all with strong women in any place, and my gf could kick your *ss. In fact, Westworld, which I pointedly mentioned, has the strongest you'll find in any series, Charlotte Hale eventually taking over the entire world. So, you're merely confused.

I do have a problem--boredom and annoyance--with gratuitous victimism and obvious political agendas imposed on and draining the life from what could be a good story. Too many better things to watch with more consistent artistic merit. Sorry.????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BigStar said:

Me Too!

It was woke garbage (for all mankind) of the highest level.

I didn't get past the first few episodes either.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When I describe a movie as woke, I mean ...........

Anti-white male racism disguised under the euphemism social justice.

Rejection of traditional morality, promoting sexually deviant lifestyles. 

LOL.  So "traditional moralities" did that come from the Ancient Greeks diddling young men or the Roman Empire when Catholicism began brainwashing and diddling young men?  Believe history contains a lot of sexual deviant lifestyles.  

But I do agree that these "woke" themes are being interjected in so many series and movies now.  Mostly unnecessary as not integral to the stories/plots  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, gargamon said:

Just took a look at the first 2 episodes of Shantaram which recently dropped. Looked like it might be a bit cheesy but I'm quite impressed so far. Almost feels like you're watching a movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429087

A heroin addict incarcerated for a robbery escapes prison and reinvents himself as a doctor in the slums of Bombay; his ties to the crime underworld there lead him to Afghanistan, where he partners with a mob boss locked in a battle with Russian criminals.

The book was pretty cheesy as well. I gave up on that after a few pages, likewise the TV series after 10 minutes. From memory it was supposed to be based on actual events experienced by the author. Some of it is, like his prison sentence,  the rest is pure fiction.

• Like 1

A few episodes in and really enjoying this one.

Led by Daniel Ek, a group of passionate young entrepreneurs come together in what seems to be the impossible task to change the music industry - and the world. They set out to create a legal streaming service for music.

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

A few episodes in and really enjoying this one.

Led by Daniel Ek, a group of passionate young entrepreneurs come together in what seems to be the impossible task to change the music industry - and the world. They set out to create a legal streaming service for music.

Love it thank you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:37 AM, giddyup said:

The book was pretty cheesy as well. I gave up on that after a few pages, likewise the TV series after 10 minutes. From memory it was supposed to be based on actual events experienced by the author. Some of it is, like his prison sentence,  the rest is pure fiction.

Yes fiction. That's why the book was a novel.

Nice story and something different than your run of the mill crime stories.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Yes fiction. That's why the book was a novel.

Nice story and something different than your run of the mill crime stories.

You either love it or hate it. I hated it, just poorly written drivel.