Chinese backpacker stranded and homeless in Thailand due to COVID-19 lockdowns in China

webfact

If he had travelled recently I would’ve said it’s his fault, but he left right at the beginning when no one really knew about it, yet, thanks to China trying to sweep it under the rug, as always, to not lose “face!” Boy did that backfire, though! 

Either way, I can’t believe China won’t help him! Maybe a good opportunity to stay away for good! 

On 1/1/2022 at 6:55 AM, DrJack54 said:

Another 35 year old backpacker loser.

No mention of overstay in the article.

Next! 

Another typical and bitter TVF user who doesn’t have the slightest clue what the <deleted> he’s talking about! Your mom must be so proud of you! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

TVF, the forum that takes a story of compassion and turns into racist drivel and disgusting negativity.

Not one positive comment on the compassion that this story is about - a disgraceful place this forum has become.  For some reason this racism is tolerated as it is so common in so many threads.

Yeah, selective racism at its best! Nothing new here. There’s very few normal users here and the rest are just a bunch of bitter pills!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Another typical and bitter TVF user who doesn’t have the slightest clue what the <deleted> he's talking about.

Are you serious. A Chinese fella comes to Thailand with no resources to have fall back plan.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and possibly wonders why poor poor him.

Nothing was mentioned of being robbed or having medical costs etc.

The article is a click bait that draws on sympathy where none is deserved. 

Not bitter at all. Having lovely life but did require smidge of forward planning. 

7 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, selective racism at its best! Nothing new here. There’s very few normal users here and the rest are just a bunch of bitter pills!

Not racism at all. Actually I'm surprised the chap is Chinese. 

My guess would have been western country. Plenty of examples here in similar situation from all the deadbeat western guys. 

Mind you the losers in District 1 Saigon leave the Thai expats in the shade. 

Edited by DrJack54

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you serious. A Chinese fella comes to Thailand with no resources to have fall back plan.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and possibly wonders why poor poor him.

Not bitter at all. Having lovely life but did require smidge of forward planning. 

I see many foreigners living in the streets and bus stations around thailand.They lost it all.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please explain. Lost what exactly.

Many lost the Plot from booze etc (not all of course).

Those i gave food said lost all money to a girl somewhere.Family didnt want to help.Some just asked for cash..i never give that.Its easy to see if their alcoholic or using meth.

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Fast Women And Slow Horses Will Ruin Your Life | Peaky Blinders -  josuamarcelc

I don't gamble or smoke but lost a bit on fast women. 

I will start the bidding..I'm sure will be outplayed quickly.

Took couple of lady friends (from Bangkok) to sidewalk bar in Pattaya.

The bar bin (for drinks only 20k).

I don't relate that story with any sense of pride.

Embarrassing. Fool.

Next! 

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Are YOU serious? He came here on a holiday that was supposed to last a few weeks and has been stranded now for a year. Of course he has no reserves to fall back on anymore. Most people that come here have no reserves to fall back on, at least not enough to last for a year! Get a grip on reality! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not racism at all. Actually I'm surprised the chap is Chinese. 

My guess would have been western country. Plenty of examples here in similar situation from all the deadbeat western guys. 

Mind you the losers in District 1 Saigon leave the Thai expats in the shade. 

The selective racism comment was a general comment about the blokes on TVF and it’s rampant here! 

S0 is it better to be from China and stranded in Thailand or the other way around?

It could have been worse, he could have been stranded in frozen Canada. Temperature minus 15c tomorrow.

minus 28 next day and a wind chill to boot.  

In my city there are at least 5 places where the homeless, can get a meal, clothes, and stay the night, as long as they

are not blotto with alcohol or drugs. I have seen many homeless in Bangkok and they seem to be able to survive 

quite a long time.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:36 AM, Albert Zweistein said:
On 1/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, Old Croc said:

The Laos-China Railway, just over the Friendship Bridge is now complete.

Is this guy waiting until it gets to Bangkok?

For the time being it's only a cargo train.

It wasn't a serious suggestion, just an example of how easy it would be to get back to China from Thailand if he was willing.

Alternatively he could take a ferry from Chiang Saen up the Mekong to China.

My point is he hasn't been stranded by circumstances, more likely reluctance or lack of cash. I don't consider border closures to be the real reason.

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

It wasn't a serious suggestion, just an example of how easy it would be to get back to China from Thailand if he was willing.

Alternatively he could take a ferry from Chiang Saen up the Mekong to China.

My point is he hasn't been stranded by circumstances, more likely reluctance or lack of cash. I don't consider border closures to be the real reason.

Agree to your point. Perhaps he is just a freeloader.