Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

10 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have a flight to Bsngkok 13 Jan. While I can change this booking for free, I can't just change it to arrive in Phuket in order to do sandbox. I would need a brand new ticket with my current one wasted.

How can Thailand insist on you pre-Paying for flights, hotel, taxi and PCR Tests, approve you to come, and then say nope, your double vaxed, PCR negative tested <deleted> is no longer welcome....TAT thanks you for your wasted baht though ????

You airlane not give you voucher if you only cancel?! What you can use to get other flight to Phuket!?

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

You airlane not give you voucher if you only cancel?! What you can use to get other flight to Phuket!?

I don't want to go Phuket....

The way I see it, I wasted 3900 baht hotel, 2000 insurance and about 20,000 baht one way flight....so Thailand got about 26,000 baht worth of ping pong balls I never got to enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This is definitely not a good idea . With Omicron now the dominant strain in Europe there are fewer hospitalisations . This seems to indicate the virus is weakening and hopefully on the way out . Therefore, double and triple-vaccinated travellers should be allowed to move around freely . Otherwise people will stop coming to Thailand . Oh hang on, if that happens the Ministry of Health and other departments will have time to tackle the huge waste problem and deal with drunk drivers . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

I don't want to go Phuket....

The way I see it, I wasted 3900 baht hotel, 2000 insurance and about 20,000 baht one way flight....so Thailand got about 26,000 baht worth of ping pong balls I never got to enjoy...

I get it! But you not waste your flight money! Every airline company now give voucher if you cancel your flight, what you can use what flight you want! Airline company's has been very flexible now days, hope in your situation still the same!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I get it! But you not waste your flight money! Every airline company now give voucher if you cancel your flight, what you can use what flight you want! Airline company's has been very flexible now days, hope in your situation still the same!

No point in a flight voucher or a reschedule if the airline only goes to BKK and not Phuket is there !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sapson said:

Well thats all absolutely splendid, jolly good old chap! carry on.........

Nothing braging, just not everybody's life is totaly F UP! So if not good storys fit in this life what the f we do anymore!? Put rope on your neck and get swing!?

This is very strange. And I feel for anyone who this affects. Luckily I'm already in the country myself. However after reading this article I spoke to my girlfriend about this "new" information that has been released today, about the approved passes having to enter by January 10th. And her response was that "this isn't new information". And that she had read that this was going to be the case in a couple of weeks ago. She then proceeded to show me an article written in Thai, dated 21st of December 2021 that seems to back up her claim that this information was not new. And that they mentioned a cut-off date of January 10th weeks ago. I don't know how many of you read Thai but maybe you can have a look at this article yourselves, I'll include a screenshot. I wonder if this was reported weeks ago and yet for some reason wasn't included when being translated for the foreign news sources. Or maybe the gf is confused, could be either, lol.

Here's the URL: https://www.prachachat.net/politics/news-826105

Screenshot_20220103-150608~3.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Approved 1 day Test & Go in Bangkok all paid for, was arriving 13 Jan...if I was willing to do 7 days ASQ I would have done it ages ago....Thailand is a disaster with every tourist reccomended to go anywhere but there...

is it at all possible for you to change bookings, etc and bring forward your bangkok arrival date to fit in with the A Nut proposed 10 jan cut-off.

maybe can utilise the 72 hour thailand pass date flexibility that apparently exists ?

i understand it would be a pain in the <deleted>............but maybe could work out.

wait and see announcement tomorrow maybe still have time to organise things if need be.   

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

No point in a flight voucher or a reschedule if the airline only goes to BKK and not Phuket is there !

Yes he just say dont want go Phuket! He can still use that voucher to flight to BKK later! Or they going to have same sht hole year! Point was he not loose hes flight money!

Edited by 2 is 1

7 minutes ago, Archie501 said:

This is very strange. And I feel for anyone who this affects. Luckily I'm already in the country myself. However after reading this article I spoke to my girlfriend about this "new" information that has been released today, about the approved passes having to enter by January 10th. And her response was that "this isn't new information". And that she had read that this was going to be the case in a couple of weeks ago. She then proceeded to show me an article written in Thai, dated 21st of December 2021 that seems to back up her claim that this information was not new. And that they mentioned a cut-off date of January 10th weeks ago. I don't know how many of you read Thai but maybe you can have a look at this article yourselves, I'll include a screenshot. I wonder if this was reported weeks ago and yet for some reason wasn't included when being translated for the foreign news sources. Or maybe the gf is confused, could be either, lol

It was initially announced that 10 Jan would be the cut off but this was then dismissed as not approved and it was formally announced that all T&G approvals would be honoured as money had already been spent. 

For me, I received my Thai Pass on 24 Dec, 2 days after the suspension, with 13 Jan arrival being approved in the Thai Pass. If 10 Jan was always the date, why would they approve my Pass after that date?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Anyone read Thai? Barrow says it's now locked out after 10 Jan

???? BREAKING: The Ministry of Public Health is now recommending extending the suspension of new applications for Test & Go until the end of the month and they also propose, those who already have a Thailand Pass for Test & Go, must enter before 10 January. Follow @ThaiNewsReports on Twitter for regular updates.

Source: ด่วน! 'อนุทิน' สั่งสธ. ชงศบค.เลื่อนเปิด 'Test and go' ถึง 31 ม.ค. หลังโอมิครอนพุ่ง https://www.matichon.co.th/covid19/news_3114611

must enter before 10 January
That's not really "Breaking News"

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

It was initially announced that 10 Jan would be the cut off but this was them dismissed as not approved and it was formally announced that all T&G approvals would be honoured as money had already been spent. 

For me, I received my Thai Pass on 24 Dec, 2 days after the suspension, with 13 Jan arrival being approved in the Thai Pass 

Ahhh I guess that explains it then. Although when it comes to this lot a formal announcement or not doesn't seem to mean anything. I feel for you mate, crappy situation indeed

Edited by Archie501

20 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Didn't work for China and Aus did it, just exploded later

You could argue it did work for Australia. Kept numbers of cases low before vaccine and for most dangerous strains. Now lots of cases after opening up but 90 per cent vaccinated and omicrom means that so far not too big a deal.

• Like 2

There's no escaping an Omicron outbreak, this will only delay its arrival at yet more cost to those businesses and people serving foreign tourists. Perhaps they've done some fancy mathematical modelling that tells them the delay is worth it in terms of preventing medical facilities from being overrun but, having watched the way these guys operate all through this pandemic, I very much doubt it and it's just an idea that popped into the vacuum between his ears while having a few New Year drinks with the other mobsters ministers.

• Like 2