Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If he does this then Thai tourism will be dead for another year, nobody booking a holiday now will be doing it 'hoping' thailand may or may not be open later, he can certainly wipe off the expected 300,000 Jan, Feb March and as for cutting the test and go from 10th January even if booked already .....................

The wiser might suggest that there was never any true or honourable intent to revert back to the TP/T&G after it's publicized suspension - and will continue so as long as they can make up any such whys and wherefores. 

58 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

My mate in Pattaya says he counted at least 50 farangs and one had a mask on. Another under his chin.  Reckless and yet now i maybe will need to quarantine yet again after 3 vax shots and pcr tests. Not fair

This is not at all what I saw in Pattaya last year. All farangs around 2nd road and Soi Bukhao duly masked.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

You seem really worried even though vaxxed and recently too. Do you have a lot of underlying health problems ? I am double vaxxed I don't want to get it but on the other hand im not as worried as you. 

Not even  one besides painful old age shoulders ...never saw in 13 years Pattaya a doctor or hospital unless once ....for my driving license  555   replace the "worried " by precautious ....555 as i do not wish to let my savings for BKK Pattaya hospital  for example by a nose test with a non symptomatic result .....???? 

Also because i am in " leaving Thailand mode " ????

He is so stupid so it is incredible, and the reason is that this man don't have to think of his fellows Thai , whatever he says it won't hurt him personally just the country, just forget about the Thai turist industry, Westerners will go elsewhere in south east Asia...

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not even  one besides painful old age shoulders ...never saw in 13 years Pattaya a doctor or hospital unless once ....for my driving license  555   replace the "worried " by precautious ....555 as i do not wish to let my savings for BKK Pattaya hospital  for example by a nose test with a non symptomatic result .....???? 

Also because i am in " leaving Thailand mode " ????

Ah understood, I don't want to get covid, but on the other hand I am not going to totally stay in all the time. That would be a bit too extreme even for me. I like being home but at times iwant to go out a bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ah understood, I don't want to get covid, but on the other hand I am not going to totally stay in all the time. That would be a bit too extreme even for me. I like being home but at times iwant to go out a bit.

You going to get one! Not like old days get STD its different now days! More lethal....

• Haha 1

the problem is that the THAILAND PASS does not work properly.

the phones numbers there DO NOT ANSWER.

there is no way to check the status of your application.

no way to update with new required documents (need to start the whole process again...

just because the idiot programmers do not know how to program the updates!!),

and the worst - THEY STOPPED REPLYING THE RESULT !! I AM WAITING MORE THAN

7DAYS NOW FOR MY RESULT - NO REPLY FROM THEM AT ALL !!

what a disgrace. they insist of pre payment of 2 PCR tests, but the web site

to do so DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY !!!

SO for 4200 cost of PCR tests, they propably lost hundreads of millions of baht

in revenues !!!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

You going to get one! Not like old days get STD its different now days! More lethal....

No ......, a dose of Zitromax 250mg at 560 baht not go cure it ????

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the problem is that the THAILAND PASS does not work properly.

the phones numbers there DO NOT ANSWER.

there is no way to check the status of your application.

no way to update with new required documents (need to start the whole process again...

just because the idiot programmers do not know how to program the updates!!),

and the worst - THEY STOPPED REPLYING THE RESULT !! I AM WAITING MORE THAN

7DAYS NOW FOR MY RESULT - NO REPLY FROM THEM AT ALL !!

what a disgrace. they insist of pre payment of 2 PCR tests, but the web site

to do so DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY !!!

SO for 4200 cost of PCR tests, they propably lost hundreads of millions of baht

in revenues !!!

Scott You hit it right on the head!!!!

Unfortunately Thai do not read this forum because of lack of delegate brains. Even if they did, they cannot comprehend!

2 hours ago, Sambora said:

Is this confirmed through an official statement or maybe even your personal experience? I am thinking that you are correct in saying that we cannot simply now bring the flight forward by 72 hours. Ideally we get a definite answer on that. I am trying to get through on the Thailand pass hotline, however, still no luck.

I cant find the link, sorry. Member Katatonic has quoted it on page 5 of this thread. I have read it on a number of FB forums. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, DaveC said:

Unfortunately Thai do not read this forum because of lack of delegate brains. Even if they did, they cannot

12 minutes ago, DaveC said:

Unfortunately Thai do not read this forum because of lack of delegate brains. Even if they did, they cannot comprehend!

it is not about "thai", it is about a centralised system that does not function and acctually

blocks the whole country to visitors, farang thai tourists or business...everybody suffer because of this evil thailand pass psas web sites !!

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

???? well spotted 

There is not so many "farang" what i want to see in front of! You one and not gay way lol! When ever you or if you are in up Thailand put me message and i will well come you in my home! Its up to you! When i even can come home! Im not offer you my woman.... even you going to want....lmao 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Screaming said:

This is a good idea. There are many foreigners that are entering Thailand with the new brand of Covid. I would like to see a fourteen day quarantine also reinstated for new entries. The January 15 opening of bars should also be moved up until the middle of next year on the new fears of covid.

It’s here and it’s gunna stay until it’s run it’s course. Thailand could of shutdown the airports months ago and omicron will still be here.  I suggest looking up Dr.John Campbell on utube for some sensible, accurate and non sensational news on this variant. It’s actually not bad news. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Really?? Safety first should start in Thailand itself. Mask up…..you must mean all the $&$& local farangs that walk around oblivious to covid. Thais mask up.  Arrivals bring minimal risk and. mask up. 

Where are you getting all your information that expats are walking around with no masks? You also claim that all the foreigners in Pattaya are walking around mask less.... You should get a new informant because what u say is untrue. 

• Like 2

Anustin is one block behind! some like many of us dont like when put that in whitout asking! (or clue) I can like if Anuting ask! Yeah put it.... where !? There where all think its free...... Come on f me front and behind.....f me im all for you "open"!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If ALL thais were tested every 5 days then I'd agree with you, but as it stands, twice pcr tested vaccinated tourists coming in are probably less 'infected' per head count than the same number of untested Thais ! Which makes the argument of stopping incoming people a bit of a mute point in my opinion

????Spot on. I landed a few days ago and even some of my so called “educated “ extended family have fallen for the Thai government blame game.  In the UK 99% of people are wearing masks where required and adhering to the rules. One rule the UK seems to be following far better than  here is the social distancing…when not told to by some government official that is.  Mega Bang na yesterday …wow, they had a sale on….climbing over each other to save 20/50 baht ????.  Then onto a restaurant all masked until seated just like the UK but some taking it to the next level and pulling their mask up each time they took a mouthful fcs.  All for show of course just like the government here.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Anustin is one block behind! some like many of us dont like when put that in whitout asking! (or clue) I can like if Anuting ask! Yeah put it.... where !? There where all think its free...... Come on f me front and behind.....f me im all for you "open"!

So weird lol

I was feeling really depressed. I have a flight 13 Jan on Singapore Airlines with an approved Thai Pass, 1 day hotel, taxi, insurance and PCR test paid for. 

I read this thread and thought oh no....then I thought no-one has contacted me and told me my plans must change???

What if I was never on this forum, Singapore Airlines is expecting me 13 Jan from Brisbane to Singapore and Bangkok on 14 Jan, Elegant hotel is expecting to pick me up 14 Jan for 1 night stay, 

I realised only this forum is telling me I can't go, my airline, hotel and approved Thai Pass tell me I can go, who is correct???

Edited by aussiexpat

8 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I was feeling really depressed. I have a flight 13 Jan on Singapore Airlines with an approved Thai Pass, 1 day hotel, taxi, insurance and PCR test paid for. 

I read this thread and thought oh no....then I thought no-one has contacted me and told me my plans must change???

What if I was never on this forum, Singapore Airlines is expecting me 13 Jan from Brisbane to Singapore and Bangkok on 14 Jan, Elegant hotel is expecting to pick me up 14 Jan for 1 night stay, 

I realised only this forum is telling me I can't go, my airline, hotel and approved Thai Pass tell me I can go, who is correct???

They aren't closing the borders though so your airline won't care. The hotel you booked fleeced you for your money overcharging you for a PCR test and a nights stay so I doubt they care whether youre able to make it or not

21 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

They aren't closing the borders though so your airline won't care. The hotel you booked fleeced you for your money overcharging you for a PCR test and a nights stay so I doubt they care whether youre able to make it or not

So you think everyone that has approved Thai Pass, flights and 1 night hotel will arrive in Bangkok and be told, sorry you must stay 7 nights quarantine instead of the booked 1 night Test and Go?

Again, only this forum is telling me otherwise, no-one that matters has told me my booking next week is no longer valid?

Edited by aussiexpat

8 hours ago, JackGats said:

This charade can still go on and on for years. I need to reside in a country I can enter by default, not a coutry I am prohibited from entering by default. If I did not have substantial money in Thailand I would be out already.

As the saying goes... Only ever invest in Thailand what you are prepared to lose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And just like that trips scheduled and time off from work to travel have been obliterated.  No one schedules a trip last minute. Ergo why i scheduled my trip to the US for January in November with a return in February and had it all approved and paid for along with the TestNGo for my return to home in BKK.  Looks like a trip through the Sandbox will be my return.

dont worry TR all your USA flights will be cancelled beforehand...

• Like 1