Kasikorn bank statements for O visa retirement extension of stay......

My Non O based extension is due in a couple of weeks.

I will be updating passbook and  getting a 12 month statement from K'korn before applying for my renewal. Last year I took a 3 month statement and was sent away to get get a 12 month one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If there has been a change then that's something I'm not aware of.

Did my last extension money in bank last November 2.

Did not provide statements and never have. Nor do I update my bank account. It's sits in draw all year with the 800k +.

CW immigration office. 

But the requirements are interpreted differently by Immigration Offices around the country. Something I have complained about in the past on this site.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

However, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that no IO will be flexible enough to forgo the letter and stamped statement issued on or near the day,

The OP, by including topic heading after the word "Kasikorn" is asking about statements regarding extensions retirement using money in the bank.

Many would be interested in actual requirements.

Seems as though your immigration office requires statements. 

I suggest most do not.

And your office? 

Thought so. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, fgmr said:

But the requirements are interpreted differently by Immigration Offices around the country. Something I have complained about in the past on this site.

Exactly my point.

Questions about requirements without name of immigration office leads some to think that the requirements are universal.

Which of course they are not.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

However, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that no IO will be flexible enough to forgo the letter and stamped statement issued on or near the day,

I think the day we can bypass the bank visit wont happen anytime soon.

You got one thing right. 

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

As a K bank customer who has recently had my K-Cyber account changed to the new K-Biz version I've been wondering the same thing. I have saved the new format statement in case they can be used. However, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that no IO will be flexible enough to forgo the letter and stamped statement issued on or near the day,

I think the day we can bypass the bank visit wont happen anytime soon.

This thread is a great example of how posters who can't help with the actual question, feel they have to babble on about irrelevant and off topic matters.

Even if they accepted the downloaded statements, they would still need the bank letter.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Ok, just for a heads up for others then.

( Nongkai ) asked for

statement 12 months  (all was on one bit of paper ) was a fixed deposit account.

photo copy pages of bank book,

updated pass book with transaction that day.

This was 800.000 in bank method.

Also photos of where i lived.

Also hand drawn map.

the rest the same as other offices.

They were very friendly staff.

My 90 day report was reset to that day of that extension.

( was only about 4 days different )

so may not be a regular thing to reset 90 day at extension time.

This was first extension at this office, i had changed province last year.

From what I know, the funds must be freely acessable so a fixed deposit I would not risk....

43 minutes ago, Seeall said:

From what I know, the funds must be freely acessable so a fixed deposit I would not risk....

The funds are freely accessable in a fixed deposit account.  Have used one for 8 years now. Have always had to show bank statement and covering letter, even under the old K800 system, at Samui office. Printed copies of bank statements without an original bank stamp are not acceptable.

2 minutes ago, CFCol said:

The funds are freely accessable in a fixed deposit account.  Have used one for 8 years now. Have always had to show bank statement and covering letter, even under the old K800 system, at Samui office. Printed copies of bank statements without an original bank stamp are not acceptable.

+1 on what @CFCol says.  Been using a K-Bank fixed deposit account myself.  Only need to show the Banks letter indicating the account and the amount, and then showing a copy of the bank book with a deposit into the Fixed deposit on that date, both stamped and signed by the bank.

2 hours ago, Seeall said:

Well again,  it depends on what rules are in place at what office.

Nongkai is fine for a fixed deposit and the bank was also in a different province, not a problem for immigration or the bank.

Great stuff.

If in doubt visit office first and ask or phone them.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, OJAS said:

I definitely recall numerous reports on here over the years of CW insisting on a 100 THB token deposit being made on the day of a retirement extension application, so as to trigger an updated passbook entry even though this resulted in the passbook and confirmation letter balance totals not being identical with each other. Presumably your experience in November means that they no longer require such token deposits to be made?

Where I am, the O-visa extension requirement includes :

Letter from the bank (Kasikorn) certifying 800,000 in account for 3 months, dated same day as application - original + photocopy, both signed and stamped;

Bank statement : same requirements;

Updated passbook (not retained by Immigration) + 2 photocopies of every page therein.

All pages of all documents retained by Immigration must be signed and dated by the applicant in their presence in BLUE (not black) ink.

Several years ago I had a lengthy argument with a particularly obstreperous Immigration Officer who insisted the passbook update must show the current date.  Impossible because it only shows the last transaction, an interest payment several months before.  I could have made a token withdrawal from a local ATM, but to update the passbook would have required an additional 14-km bicycle ride.  And returning the following day with fresh bank letters and statements  (At that time they required bank letters, statements and passbooks in respect of ALL accounts - not merely the deposit account)

He also objected to the fact that WITHIN THE SAME DEPOSIT ACCOUNT I had a month or two earlier arranged that 800K of the 1,450K be placed on a 12-month term instead of 3-months; for higher interest.  I was forced to dig my heels in to avoid rejection of my application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ericbj said:

Where I am, the O-visa extension requirement includes :

Letter from the bank (Kasikorn) certifying 800,000 in account for 3 months, dated same day as application - original + photocopy, both signed and stamped;

Bank statement : same requirements;

Updated passbook (not retained by Immigration) + 2 photocopies of every page therein.

All pages of all documents retained by Immigration must be signed and dated by the applicant in their presence in BLUE (not black) ink.

Several years ago I had a lengthy argument with a particularly obstreperous Immigration Officer who insisted the passbook update must show the current date.  Impossible because it only shows the last transaction, an interest payment several months before.  I could have made a token withdrawal from a local ATM, but to update the passbook would have required an additional 14-km bicycle ride.  And returning the following day with fresh bank letters and statements  (At that time they required bank letters, statements and passbooks in respect of ALL accounts - not merely the deposit account)

He also objected to the fact that WITHIN THE SAME DEPOSIT ACCOUNT I had a month or two earlier arranged that 800K of the 1,450K be placed on a 12-month term instead of 3-months; for higher interest.  I was forced to dig my heels in to avoid rejection of my application.

" ...insisted the passbook update must show the current date"....The bank letter shows that.

....Lord give us strength!

On 1/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, SunsetT said:

If they provide statement(s) for the year instead.

If they dont update their bank book regularly (weekly required by KBank), the pages will not show the transactions which might have taken the balance below 800/400k. So no point in providing copies of them.

Hi Just for clarity could i go to KBank prior to applying for the retirement extension and get a statement for the year (to either to prove 800k for the year or 65k monthly) or do i have to update my bankbook weekly (i dont live near to the bank) TIA 

4 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Hi Just for clarity could i go to KBank prior to applying for the retirement extension and get a statement for the year (to either to prove 800k for the year or 65k monthly) or do i have to update my bankbook weekly (i dont live near to the bank) TIA 

Thats exactly what I will do as I never use my passbook and rarely update it.

• Thanks 1

For those who are unaware of the changes K-Bank have made with K-Biz statements, this is the new request format. They now supply a more sophisticated style of statement in PDF or CSV format.

It gives the impression it should be sufficient for Immigration purposes

statement1.JPG.fac428e72afe5959f66f9e6aa5e65e87.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

This is my procedure.

Go to CW to do annual retirement extension. 

1. Grab queue #

2. Downstairs to bank.

Ask for 'bank letter'. Also give clerk 100baht to make small deposit.

This shows activity and update.

Ask her to please photocopy this last page that will be same balance as my letter. Obviously deposit done first followed by letter. 

100baht for deposit and 100baht for letter.

Obviously I have the other required bank book pages photocopies in my docs to put with last page..

That's it no statements.

Of course those using income method need bank statements.

The 100 baht deposit is what made automatic the update needed to be there ...

So you updated one time a year ...that is the minimal updating and  ...enough to be following the rule 

19 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

For those who are unaware of the changes K-Bank have made with K-Biz statements, this is the new request format. They now supply a more sophisticated style of statement in PDF or CSV format.

Yes....If you could " bank stamp" it too ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, DrJack54 said:

It's a daily thing reading how the immigration offices differ.

Seriously I hate knocking Thailand.

Love living here....

But (always a but) ..you would think that universal rules clearly stated and followed by every immigration office would be easy.

Sadly it's not. 

Several decades ago, in Australia, an Immigration Minister legislated to restrict decision makers from making rulings based on personal or individual considerations. Legislation and official guidelines had to be strictly used by all officers in decisions made. This Minister even removed a lot of his own powers to change outcomes (not all). It meant consistency across offices, and removed most opportunities for corruption. Appeals were handled in the Federal Court or by Tribunals set up for the purpose. Legislation training for all officers was constant and compulsory.

Something similar is greatly needed in Thailand, but will never happen.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Something similar is greatly needed in Thailand, but will never happen

Thai immigration some times reminds me of John Lennon song "Imagine".

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the requirements for extensions both marriage and retirement had  clear list of requirements.

Tick box style and every immigration office had to follow and abide by that..

Simple really but sadly just a dream.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:58 PM, SunsetT said:

KBank have recently updated their website and it now enables you to download statements for the past 12 months transactions, albeit no more than 6 month at a time. Has anyone yet used these as proof of funds (800/400k) to obtain their retirement extension of stay rather than paying the bank for such a statement as per usual?

In the past I have tried this at CW and was told the bank statement has to be done in person at the bank, as the online statements I had printed out were not 'verified'. Indeed the bank printed version had each page signed and rubber stamped by the bank teller as the verification process.

Since then I just keep a separate 800k account with no activity all year and use a copy of the bank book with every yearly in/out entry clear to see so no statements are needed. The day of the extension I do an in and out transfer of 5THB on my mobile phone app to show the balance is current and correct.

Edited by Digitalbanana
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I do my extensions at CW, just like you, and statements are required, we aren't all the same.

So you obtain extensions retirement  at CW using money in bank method. 

Why do you need bank statements when they are not required? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, my thoughts exactly and why I started this thread.

I have found a glitch with making online transfers though. They will not work in Firefox. I have to use Edge.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai immigration some times reminds me of John Lennon song "Imagine".

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the requirements for extensions both marriage and retirement had  clear list of requirements.

Tick box style and every immigration office had to follow and abide by that..

Simple really but sadly just a dream.

The signs on the wall at Immigration, which were introduced by 'Big Joke' I think, when he tried to improve the service, always make me laugh (or sometimes cry!) . Each procedure has the time it should take at the end of it. I think an extension is 15 or 30 minutes!

52 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

How does this help the op when you @DrJack54 keep banging on and on about not needing statements for retirement extensions over many threads? I do my extensions at CW, just like you, and statements are required, we aren't all the same.

Thank you. Some people cant see beyond the end of their nose!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, norbra said:

Be prepared to also provide a statement with signature and bank stamp

As above. I have not heard of downloaded bank info being accepted anywhere. If statements are required (varies by Imm office) they always want an official signature and stamp.

Ever since the additional rules about keeping a certain balance IOs have required evidence that this was done. Many want 12 month statements, but some will still accept just copy of bank book. Mine demands both.

Using bank book, it may be an issue if there are any accumulated entries since these make it impossible to determine if the required balance was maintained.

I have not encountered any problem getting 12 month statements from Kasikorn (along with of course the other required standard letter stating you hold this account with balance X on that day).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

......., being a fixed account that did not allow further deposits.....

Which bank? 

I have used 2 different banks for FD account. The minimum deposit is 1000baht and I do that on day of application for extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which bank? 

I have used 2 different banks for FD account. The minimum deposit is 1000baht and I do that on day of application for extension. 

It was a Kasikorn bank FD and it did nto allow additional deposits. I tried many times.

I have since closed ti and just opened a second savings account with automatic transfer of 100 baht a month, on day of extension application I will then make a small withdrawal or deposit so as to be able to present Imm with a bankbook that shows clearly the balance up to and including the day of extensions.

I am sure they will find something to object to in that as well, they always do (maybe the change of accounts, though done in a single day and will have been 12 months before next extension) , but their objections to the prior account were unusually vehement and they seemed to be genuinely upset nto to have a bank book showing a transaction on day of extension. Made me promise to change accounts.

• Like 1