Pattaya mayor says no plans for lockdowns, widespread business or beach closures as city deals with rising Covid-19 cases

webfact

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

I used "Gestapo" in another post.  You'll love that one!

Don't love it or hate it, but it is amusing, in a laughable way. Wonder what you will use if they really got Orwellian on us. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Quite likely decisions will come from over his head, so he is simply distancing himself from them!

Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any inclination for any more national lockdowns, so it is most likely to be down to individual Governors (but not the Mayor!).

Why are there no safety requierements as ATK test check in Big C, Lotus, Foodland and other shopping places etc..??? Why attack the smaller business people like restaurants where the safety procedures are high and sufficient? Just try to understand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I noticed tonight in passing that central Pattaya has become noticeably less busy, several recently popular bars remain shut, I think many Christmas tourists are now on their way home or are in the process of - possibly now isolating before critical pre flight PCR testing

It's very quiet.  It is like this at this time of the year, even pre covid.

There might not need be closures if there is too few customers left to stay open.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And how you can test positive  after having recovered?

The answer's in the research.  Most people with a university degree and a background in STEM should be able to read these research papers. 

"An unresolved issue of SARS-CoV-2 disease is that patients often remain positive for viral RNA as detected by PCR many weeks after the initial infection in the absence of evidence for viral replication."

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

Edited by ArcticFox

28 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

The answer's in the research.  Most people with a university degree and a background in STEM should be able to read these research papers. 

"An unresolved issue of SARS-CoV-2 disease is that patients often remain positive for viral RNA as detected by PCR many weeks after the initial infection in the absence of evidence for viral replication."

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

Thank you  But presumably  there is a test to confirm the end of infection such as an antibody test or other residual biological  material. The issue surely is : absence of viral replication. I doubt you have anything to fear. Are the street tests you are concerned about PCR tests as referenced in the academic paper or a different  kind of test that would not in fact detect RNA?

If you remain worried just give yourself a test then you will know once and for all your false  positive  status or otherwise.

Edited by The Hammer2021

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That’s me. I have a preflight RT-PCR test tomorrow. I have tried to isolate, and had a negative ATK last week, but anything is possible.

Best of luck with that, a friend of mine was due to fly home 2 days ago. He had 3 negative daily antigen tests in a row, but then the PCR test itself came back positive on day of departure.

He is now in Hotel Tropicana on Beach road for next 10 days or so, Insurance confirmed they are covering costs.

He sent an e-mail to airline and is waiting for a response, all other means of communication with airline phone, chat etc were down

That’s me. I have a preflight RT-PCR test tomorrow. I have tried to isolate, and had a negative ATK last week, but anything is possible.

Best of luck with that, a friend of mine was due to fly home 2 days ago. He had 3 negative daily antigen tests in a row, but then the PCR test itself came back positive on day of departure.

He is now in Hotel Tropicana on Beach road for next 10 days or so, Insurance confirmed they are covering costs.

He sent an e-mail to airline and is waiting for a response, all other means of communication with airline phone, chat etc were down

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thank you  But presumably  there is a test to confirm the end of infection such as an antibody test or other residual biological  material. The issue surely is : absence of viral replication. I doubt you have anything to fear. Are the street tests you are concerned about PCR tests as referenced in the academic paper or a different  kind of test that would not in fact detect RNA?

If you remain worried just give yourself a test then you will know once and for all your false  positive  status or otherwise.

"What we do know is that the PCR test after infection can be positive for up to 12 weeks, so that is not going to be helpful. You're not going to be transmitting during all of that period of time," Walensky told NBC.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/29/health/us-coronanavirus-wednesday/index.html

5 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Can you expand on the situation you found yourself in, how you wound up in hospital and the conditions/rules etc?   I'm sure many of us would appreciate more information.

Failed a home test, wife insisted on hospital test (Banglamung).  She got hospitel, I had something show on x-ray, so hospital, not a nice place.  Never saw hide nor hair of a doctor, managed to speak on intercom after 5 days and convinced him that I could isolate and take pills at home, freeing the bed for someone who needed it.  And here I am, self-isolation and pills stop Saturday. 

Not risking going back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Ahh !

The pre flight PCR test before the flight back home.

It would be my guess that most of the Tourists have not even considered this prior to their Thailand jaunt over Christmas and New Year.

For many it will be Squeaky Bum time, and for some its going to be an expensive extended Holiday.

News in the UK this morning says it is likely that the compulsory PCR test will be stopped for travellers to UK. If I hear more then I will post again

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm not concerned at all.  Just providing you with the information you were seeking.  I don't worry about tests other than to stay away from places that want them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Flu and the common cold are also Coronaviruses. Also I believe are HIV, Sars Ebola Swine and bird flu and many others.

A little bit of fact checking before posting  wouldn't go amiss.....    Similarities and differences between HIV and SARS-CoV-2

Scroll down to Table 1  Differences between HIV-1 and SARS-CoV-2   .....you're welcome! 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Flu and the common cold are also Coronaviruses. Also I believe are HIV, Sars Ebola Swine and bird flu and many others.

More than any post I’ve read recently, this post highlights the importance of education... ????

There are 7 know human Coronaviruses. 

Two types of Alpha and two types of Beta Coronaviruses which contribute to approximately 20-30% of common household colds. 

There is also SARS-CoV-1 (in 2002-2004) and MERS (in 2009)

An of course SARS-CoV-2.

Coronaviruses are not the same as Influenza, Ebola, or HIV - the mere comment alone is utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, elgenon said:

Good for the bars that have "rental girls" that "performers" will be tested daily. I guess the "non-performers" will die out. :bah:

All those tests will come from where though?

Some places are providing test kits at the door of their business, it takes about 15 minutes to get the result.

21 hours ago, elgenon said:

Good for the bars that have "rental girls" that "performers" will be tested daily. I guess the "non-performers" will die out. :bah:

All those tests will come from where though?

Some places are providing test kits at the door of their business, it takes about 15 minutes to get the result.

Any lockdown or business closure order will come from higher up the tree than a city mayor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldhand said:

News in the UK this morning says it is likely that the compulsory PCR test will be stopped for travellers to UK. If I hear more then I will post again

And I thought, due to the new strain, we might be banning the French. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Failed a home test, wife insisted on hospital test (Banglamung).  She got hospitel, I had something show on x-ray, so hospital, not a nice place.  Never saw hide nor hair of a doctor, managed to speak on intercom after 5 days and convinced him that I could isolate and take pills at home, freeing the bed for someone who needed it.  And here I am, self-isolation and pills stop Saturday. 

Not risking going back.

IF you or wife has minor symptoms or none at all then there was really no point going to the hospital at all, don't see the reason behind that decision, why did they wife insist?

Why did they x-ray you, just to rack up the bill?

25 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

IF you or wife has minor symptoms or none at all then there was really no point going to the hospital at all, don't see the reason behind that decision, why did they wife insist?

Why did they x-ray you, just to rack up the bill?

Wife was minor, but you know Thais and how they like to "go doctor".  I was worse, got over the Covid fast, but something settled in my lungs, so I did need hospital for a few days.  5 days in, I got home to self-isolate for 6 days with 50 (fifty!) pills a day to take. 

Ends Saturday.  Not planning to go far, but there's a legal bar/restaurant under my condo, that'll do for now.

33 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Wife was minor, but you know Thais and how they like to "go doctor".  I was worse, got over the Covid fast, but something settled in my lungs, so I did need hospital for a few days.  5 days in, I got home to self-isolate for 6 days with 50 (fifty!) pills a day to take. 

Ends Saturday.  Not planning to go far, but there's a legal bar/restaurant under my condo, that'll do for now.

Maybe wifey won't be so keen next time, what were the reported conditions she was in, grim?

Speedy recovery to yourself.