World famous Khaosan Road closed temporarily after Covid cases found

webfact

Khao San Road Closes For Three Days After Ten Covid-19 Cases Found

By: Natthaphon  Sangpolsit

701866acc7302218193a1a43f0ede6ad_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The famous Khao San Road will be closed for three days after ten tourists who visited the area during New Year were tested positive for Covid-19.

The Khao San Road Entrepreneurs Association announced the closure on Tuesday, saying that the patients were found from a cluster case in a restaurant on Khao San road.

The announcement said that all restaurant staff has been tested and the results for the employees were negative.

Association president Sanga Ruangwatthanakul said businesses are told to conduct testing via the RT-PCT method and disinfect their venues before the reopening of the road on January 6.

They have been asked to conduct more ATK tests on employees and only allow seating arrangements at a maximum of 50 percent of capacity in indoor areas and 75 percent for outdoor venues.

He added that screening checkpoints will remain at the entrance and exit when the street reopens on Friday. People who have not been vaccinated or have only had the first jab must present a negative ATK test result before entering the area.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The announcement said that all restaurant staff has been tested and the results for the employees were negative.

I guess the infected staff weren't 'on the books'.

You needed a test to enter the road, was that test only given to customers?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The blame game and the scapegoats are all in place.

Prayut will say 'I told you to behave and take care but you ignored me and went drinking! It is your fault khun public.'

Shutdown V3 on the way

Anutin has already started:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well in this case the system  worked! Testing led to Covid-19  infections  being discovered  and actions taken. No infectious  disease  control system is perfect. The alternative is another blanket lockdown

But the story states "after infection found in 10 tourists" who have to test as part of their entry requirements after so many days. Doubt there was much testing going on of locals before they were discovered. Just look at daily case figures, majority of cases, in fact nearly all are from walk-ins still so not much proactive testing going on I believe.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Such a point of view might be considered unhelpful  and rather infantile. All over the world medical authorities  are trying to open society  up again and deal with the consequences. I think  the Thais deserve  recognition that they are doing a difficult  job but doing it well compare to Holland  and France with their massive lockdowns, China  with it starving citizens,  The USA with its scandalous high death rate. The never ending Thai  bashing is as ever tedious and misplaced especially  when put into context of the actions of governments around the world

Of other countries tested same amount as Thailand the world figures would be looking much better now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well in this case the system  worked! Testing led to Covid-19  infections  being discovered  and actions taken. No infectious  disease  control system is perfect. The alternative is another blanket lockdown

So the ones that got tested and were positive were whisked away to  somewhere special and expensive after infecting others. Didn't actually work did it? ????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Actually been waiting for this to happen.. 

What Omicron? or delta, seems all cases are now, declared covid sars 2 where as Omicron might have to be reclassified as Sars covid three or Omicron 21, as this is proving to be totally different to Delta and has two pathways for infection which sounds bad but actually is good for us, watch the explanation on the latest update/ research from Scotland with Dr Mobeen Sayed for all the papers ,studies and links to this latest release are in the presentation.

1 minute ago, kiwikeith said:

What Omicron? or delta, seems all cases are now, declared covid sars 2 where as Omicron might have to be reclassified as Sars covid three or Omicron 21, as this is proving to be totally different to Delta and has two pathways for infection which sounds bad but actually is good for us, watch the explanation on the latest update/ research from Scotland with Dr Mobeen Sayed for all the papers ,studies and links to this latest release are in the presentation.

Just to comment on my comment , that newspaper reported Omicron going mad in LOS, but the government has not updated their figures as yet. But something strange is happening, death rates appear to be plummeting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, so much for the 'vaccine proof or ATK' or you don't get in!

I know, I know.... 'vaccination doesn't stop you getting it'.. then why implement this silly protocol if it doesn't stop what they're trying to stop!?

covid virus mask copy.jpg

I wonder when they'll twig what's going on in Pattaya. Roughly 10% of the cases reported nationally today were actually in Pattaya, a city with about 0.5% of Thailand's total population, so an infection rate of twenty times the national average. And those are just the ones they tested and caught, from what I hear Khun Omicron is rapidly doing the rounds in the bars (which are all closed, of course, just as Loong Prayut has ordered, lol). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Public Health said that it was conducting tests among partygoers and tourists who attended new year celebrations on the strip after ten tourists who were in the area tested positive for Covid-19.

Glad I didn't participate.

• Haha 1