Government Reconsidering Nightclub Reopening Following New Outbreaks

snoop1130

A friend had two young male farang visitors in Bangkok for a couple of weeks.  At first they were bummed out to find Cowboy, Nana Plaza and other night spots shut.  But they soon sniffed their way around with the help of taxi drivers and found plenty of night life going on beneath the surface, so that they came home at 4 am every morning.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No, they opened when told it was OK by the local BiB's so they could feed their families.

Exactly!  Greed and pleasure  before saftey.   Since the rest of the world once again locking down, and restrictions happening, so will Thailand.   Opened to fast and before it was safe to do

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Pattaya is done anyway. There is nothing that can overturn their plan to turn it into the Bangkok’s “hi-so friendly” resort. Soi Made in Thailand , some parts of Walking street and many other places are already literally demolished. If this crises continued 6-12 months - Pattaya had a chance. Not anymore.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

Pattaya is done anyway. There is nothing that can overturn their plan to turn it into the Bangkok’s “hi-so friendly” resort. Soi Made in Thailand , some parts of Walking street and many other places are already literally demolished. If this crises continued 6-12 months - Pattaya had a chance. Not anymore.

Just watching live stream from Pattaya it’s just like Bangkok a ghost town beach road is dead ..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

Just watching live stream from Pattaya it’s just like Bangkok a ghost town beach road is dead ..

Because its middle of the week..  usually  Friday-Mon filled with people from Bkk.  That may stop if they start the no travel province orders againo

2 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Because its middle of the week..  usually  Friday-Mon filled with people from Bkk.  That may stop if they start the no travel province orders againo

I’m actually thinking are people now realising it may have been a bad choice for partying on New Year’s Eve .. also walking street has a few bars and clubs open but still empty.

5 hours ago, JacksonM said:

In the name of greed.  Are you joking? These establishments have had no government support since day one both owners or staff and have been strung along for months..

Congratulations to all that have opened and I hope many more do the same in the coming weeks and give the big finger to this inept incompetent government.

The bars have always been based on greed and extortion  of the ladies and customers  or do you forget that? Overpriced lady drinks.  One would fair better just to give the lady 100 thb to sit and talk to them, thus she'd get 100thb and the pimps/ bars get nothing.  You buy a ladydrink she gets 50 thb bar gets more.  If you just give her 100 and dont contribute to her alcoholism  shes happy.  But I digress.  The bars charge you i mean con the patron into giving them free money to spend time with the lady.  Why cant it just be for the lady.  You dont need bars to meet ladies now.  Its all on line and no pimps,no alcohol  involved.   The bars been ripping customers  off for years padding bills and more.  It sad if you think loyalty is owed to pimps and bars.  These places that dont get support chose their path.  And you feel they should be allowed to open before its safe to do so?  Well they did and many illegally and look whats happened in the name of greed and pleasure.   I been here I seen the food lines with individuals lining  up to get food with their gold chains on, and staying over weight the whole time.  Sure there were some that needed help but many would show up in their new vehicle  and wait for the free food.  I fear you hoping the pimps and bars open and stay open is not going to happen.  The whole world is getting stricyer. And locking down, so guess what?  Thailand will too.  They want the bars to fade away, and will end up doing away with most of them. And perhaps  Covid is the catalyst.   I cant believe  there are people like you who campion Greed and Pleasure before saftey.     

10 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

I’m actually thinking are people now realising it may have been a bad choice for partying on New Year’s Eve .. also walking street has a few bars and clubs open but still empty.

Oh!  Its about to ignite like a wildfire.  The issan provinces are starting to feel it.  Villages  are getting swarmed with cases.  Once it climbs it usually  does for two weeks if they get a handle on it.  If not the numbers will climb longer.  

1 minute ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Oh!  Its about to ignite like a wildfire.  The issan provinces are starting to feel it.  Villages  are getting swarmed with cases.  Once it climbs it usually  does for two weeks if they get a handle on it.  If not the numbers will climb longer.  

I get that feeling too indeed the <deleted> about to hit the fan big time.,

5 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Who didnt  see this coming!?  Everyone  opened early and illegally  in the name of greed and pleasure!  So, now instead of being allowed to open when times are safe, they cut their own throats and may have to close again.  

no they didn't.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Who didnt  see this coming!?  Everyone  opened early and illegally  in the name of greed and pleasure!  So, now instead of being allowed to open when times are safe, they cut their own throats and may have to close again.  

Something is wrong with some of y'all. Being employed and having a livelihood is being greedy now? Cases are irrelevant, they shouldn't be used to justify anything at this point. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dinosaur9 said:

Something is wrong with some of y'all. Being employed and having a livelihood is being greedy now? Cases are irrelevant, they shouldn't be used to justify anything at this point. 

Being a pimp isn't employment.  Its obvious the bars are where its being spread at  but you go ahead and spin to suit yourself 

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

They would have to close again regardless, omicron was always coming, the above is immaterial. The bars were closed for many many months and people need to earn as there is NO help from your government. As for ‘safe’; what is safe in a country that tests a fraction of the populace so you never know where you are? Or perhaps your definition of safe is that elusive covid-zero nirvana-like state that does not and will not exist anywhere on planet earth. Let people earn. Let people enjoy life. Keep doing this knee jerk on again off again crapola and the world will never be normal again. I guess that would suit the timid tinfoil hat-wearing brigade but. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

In the name of greed? More like in the name of survival. 

They've been shut down for months with no help from the government.

If you're trying to say this new surge has been caused by bars opening illegally you clearly don't understand what is going on. Omicron is going to surge regardless of whether bars are open or not!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Director of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) Opas Karnkawinpong said that Covid-19 cases have spiked across the country. Chon Buri province reported the highest number of new infections on Tuesday with 499 cases, followed by Bangkok with 376 cases, and Ubon Ratchathani with 328 cases.

Reconsidering is a polite way of indicating a further delay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

I've been to a lot of bars and never met a "pimp". What the heck are you on about?

Really!  Once again you attempt  deflection.   Any person  making money from a trick selling thier body is a pimp.  You saying it isnt  happening doesn't  mean its not happening.   It's ok.  The Thai police now admit its happening.   Any reader  who sees this surely will see you are full of BS.  Every reader knows the bar owners with ladies working there, Agoh ou s. ST Bars etc are pimps.

6 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

OMG, Nid sends money from her sex upcountry, those people up there are pimps? Mom, dad, brothers, sisters, and others; they are all pimps? Hope none of that money customers give her gets in the coffers of monks (I suspect it does), heck she even paid a no helmut fine once. 

Ah!  Now you get it.  Many mothers do get arrested for selling their daughters.    Just because  they attemt to twist the definition  doesn't  make the definition  change.  If you are making money from another selling sex you are a pimp no matter the relationship.   Mothers getting arrest only back up my statement.   They dont have to do this, sell sex for money.  They want the big bucks fast.  Many are happy with their normal lifes and never resort to the despicable behavior you seem to try to justify.   You and I know that even in Industrialized countries where sex is sold in areas legally or illegally  a hooker makes the money, and if its alm for here or him then thats them, but anytime  procurement (bar owners/pimps/mothers or fathers, or brothers) make money they are trafficking  humans.  You can attemt to say I am incorrect  all day, and a good lawyer would, but it doesn't  make your argument  true.  The police are now admitting  prostitution  happens in Thailand.   Admission of a problem is always the first step in solving a problem 

13 minutes ago, Capella said:

Oh no, a preaching woke puritan has made it as far as Thailand.

Yes! And now the police admit Prostitution does happen  here, greed and pleasure.   Which will always happen  in any society,  but so do bank robberies.   That doesnt make them right.  Ooening to fast too soon when the worlds closing  is careless  and wreckless with lives.  

36 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

OMG, Nid sends money from her sex upcountry, those people up there are pimps? Mom, dad, brothers, sisters, and others; they are all pimps? Hope none of that money customers give her gets in the coffers of monks (I suspect it does), heck she even paid a no helmut fine once. 

A pimp is usually a middle man who makes the arrangements and collects a daily bar fee. Often in Thailand there are Mamasans who fill this role.