Told twice to "come back tomorrow"

Yesterday, 1/5, I went to apply for a covid extension. My volunteer visa expires 1/7. I was told to come back tomorrow.

Today the same thing happened.

Does anyone know why they are doing this?

4 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Why do you believe I won't?

I got a new PP and was in CNX imm monday to transfer old to new

I asked if i could do a covid ext as my current ext exps jan 20th and just wanted to get it done

the girl said come back another day as they would have stamped the covid ext that day...

which makes no sense and they always ext from my exp date.....that was the "excuse" i got...sigh

OP, that is quite concerning, what will you do if denied that extension tomorrow since it's your last day permitted in the country?

Why would they let you stress out about getting an extension? I wouldn't sleep tonight personally...

Also, I would have gone a bit earlier so that gives you time for other options if needed.

• Like 2

"Yesterday, 1/5, I went to apply for a covid extension. My volunteer visa expires 1/7. I was told to come back tomorrow.

Today the same thing happened.

Does anyone know why they are doing this?"

There is a Pandemic on you know? ????????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

Some people will never learn. Waiting till the last days is they rule. Complaining is they second rule.

Worst case: they refuse your extension and give you 7 days to leave the country. That is the result, provoked by yourself by waiting until the very last days.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Can you pay someone (agency) to get the extension for you? Money is usually helpful.

You can. Perhaps the option that the OP should have looked into.

The issue (as I see it) ...the OP has an extension from non O volunteering. I obtained by an agent. 

I'm hope that the deferral to the 7th is to allow that extension to expire and hopefully can obtain covid extension same day.

Having said that it's guessing from me. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Once again, please elaborate about your "Volunteering"...

What's your point.

The OP obtained a non O volunteering with 12 month extension using an agent.

Zero volunteering work was done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Not enough detail. What did your volunteering involve ?

He volunteered to give an agent some money to arrange a Non O visa and associated extension. The visa and extension are legal, but the agent almost certainly (with the knowledge of the official who signed off on the application) submitted an application of dubious accuracy. As such, the services that a volunteer would typically have needed to provide were not necessary in his case.

As others have stated, the stamps in the OP's passport are all legal, and the fact that they were acquired via some shenanigans between the official and the agent is not going to affect his application for a Covid extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

:offtopic2: My favourite was outside a jewellery shop 'Ears pierced while you wait' :cheesy: 

I once saw a sign in a shop window "Genuine antiques, direct from the factory". An interesting concept, though it implies awfully long delivery times.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

As others have stated, the stamps in the OP's passport are all legal, and the fact that they were acquired via some shenanigans between the official and the agent is not going to affect his application for a Covid extension

There have been reports of folk that opted for the agent non O and extension volunteering were not being able to obtain a covid extension.

The feedback from OP will be interesting. Hopefully update later.

My guess/hope is that with today being expiry of his current permit he will be able to obtain covid extension. 

If not then what's that mean. Application refused and given 7 days to leave dodge? 

Edited by DrJack54