Support Walking Street

AwwYesNice1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

The times of the big beer bar complexes are over.

Even long before Covid I wondered how they can survive.

Soi Made in Thailand bulldozed.

Drinking street seems to be the next.

How can a dead place like "Action Street" on Soi Buakhao survive? Is it money laundering?

Walking street will go through change, like it or not.

Far from dead.

Interesting you say the times of big beer complexes are over, but don't view Walking Street in the same light.

Example:  A dead soi with cheap rent becomes popular.  Then, rents go up on that popular soi, which makes it dead again, which makes another dead soi popular, and so it goes on, and on.  

Walking Street rents outpriced Walking Street way before covid.  

Will Walking Street be bulldozed, no.  Will it be profitable to have a business there in the future, without a rental correction, no.  

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably you're stuck in the UK with no money to get to Pattaya?

the photo is of one of those Simon bars complexes, they were dead for years before covid

Thanks for the facts!

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Treetown is a kinda beer bar complex, they all change in popularity, but there's been too many bars for years and years

Many modern beer bars had an unattractive approach.... I never took to it. Some were happy at them as they simply wanted to play pool.... 

I needed a bargain on the beer to be interested.... but was puzzled when I found some charging a little under WS Go-Go prices, they let the girls play with their phones and a Lady Drink was actually a similar price to Go-Go. And for that, she sat opposite you with 3 foot of bar between you, wanting to get her phone out.... 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I give it 90% chance for WS to be bulldozed within the next 10 years if not 5. And that be for better too, make it a nice pier with some more decent businesses and fill up the empty places between beach road and second road with the bars instead.

Do you know what the rent is in WS?

I know that a reasonable sized bar will be looking at paying 130,000 baht a month along with tea money every three years.

I don't believe they would destroy whats there now and loose that income.

Right now they are not getting any rent from closed bars, so once they open again the landlords will no doubt be at the door with their hands out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

In the world ????????????????????????????????

I don't see walking street as any special, why is it? And I doubt Walking street is well known out there in the world among people who never visited Pattaya.

Red light district In Amsterdam and  Reperbanen is well-known in the world, even for those who never visiting either the cities or any other interest in the country or P4P

Edited by Hummin

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Treetown is a kinda beer bar complex, they all change in popularity, but there's been too many bars for years and years

Exactly right. I always reckoned that there were 50% too many bars given the dearth of customers in many of them.

Doesn't matter what they do to attract customers, if there are 1000 potential customers and 100 bars that's 10 per bar. Unfortunately, the ethos seemed to be to build 500 bars, so there were only 2 customers per bar.

Of course some bars attract many customers, so inevitably some would have no customers at all, resulting in many of those bars at the back of complexes being closed. Location was everything, but lots of attractive girls also helped.

A lot of dreams died in the face of reality among farang wannabe bar owners, that didn't do any research before parting with the readies.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Walking Street is dead, just like the decaying condo development at it's head. Most of the entertainment areas will soon be gone. We will be left with a few bars on LK Metro.

Perhaps not. It could be like Bugis St in Singapore that transitioned from a lady boy street to a street of restaurants.

If Hua Hin can be popular for over the water restaurants, why not Walking St?

The bars may go, but the internet is a mongers friend.

9 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Chic outdoor cafes with views of the Sea, meals etc., more customers than beer bars. 

The best with Walking street was the Night clubs. The restaurants was average, and cant remember a outstanding experience there in my time spent in that area. 

Edit note: One live band rock club at the end facing Hilton on right side, that was ok, and when I missed home, I could walk in to the ice bar for a few minutes, and that fixed it

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I only found one, and it was always deserted.

Me and my pal usually had it to ourselves.

(three level roof)

IMG_20180317_092529_PANO (1).jpg

When I went there last, there were several over the water restaurants and many customers. All open air- no roof at all.

Everything changes.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The best with Walking street was the Night clubs. The restaurants was average, and cant remember a outstanding experience there in my time spent in that area. 

Edit note: One live band rock club at the end facing Hilton on right side, that was ok, and when I missed home, I could walk in to the ice bar for a few minutes, and that fixed it

Best restaurant was the big one out the back past Lucky Star bars.

16 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Chic outdoor cafes with views of the Sea, meals etc., more customers than beer bars. 

Need something more than chic cafes to make people want to go to Pattaya. All Pattaya had was bars, and girls/ boys IMO. Just about anywhere else was better as a beach resort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

@AwwYesNice1 Support Walking Street???? How do you do that?

Walk with sign in the street with the message "I want my "Love me long time back!"

or

Have you make a scam scheme by putting up contribution boxes in different places?

It was actually an image showing the brilliant Thai structural engineering work with the supports holding up the cement and tile floor.

52 minutes ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

It was actually an image showing the brilliant Thai structural engineering work with the supports holding up the cement and tile floor.

OK, in that case your headline was a terrific choice.

• Thanks 1