ICE vs EV, the debate thread

KhunLA

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, macahoom said:

I'm certainly embarrassed. 

I'm embarrassed for you because of how ridiculous you're making yourself look.

It's okay to make mistakes in life y'know.

I agree it's OK to make mistakes in life but it's bloody unacceptable to belittle another person because you assume the wrong meaning to their comment. 

Too many people here too quickly to reply with hostility and nasty comments. 

Shows that some people haven't bloody grown up. 

So many Miserable people, they want everyone to be miserable. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I agree it's OK to make mistakes in life but it's bloody unacceptable to belittle another person because you assume the wrong meaning to their comment. 

Too many people here too quickly to reply with hostility and nasty comments. 

Shows that some people haven't bloody grown up. 

So many Miserable people, they want everyone to be miserable. 

And then all you get are those stupid confused emoji's because these uneducated creatures can't communicate professionally. 

They prefer to hide behind an emoji, not discuss the issue. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Not everything is rosy in the garden, for EV manufacturers, it would seem..........🤔

Let me help y'all ...

image.png.747bcb8637a0366ddbf7001941b0a449.png

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

..in Hôi An with a ho named Ann ❤️ 😍

Actually, she said her name was Fred. She has the deepest voice I’ve ever known, and I’ve never seen stubble on a woman’s chin before.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Assuming the quality and design is good, uptake of EV’s is ALL about the price.

You have only to look at Thailand to see that.

The video Transam posted talks about America, EV’s carry a 30-50% premium over their ICE equivalents, very few people will pay that.

Applying 100% tariffs to Chinese EV’s allows American Automakers to not need to compete so they will continue to produce crappy, expensive EV’s and as a consequence EV transition will stall, maybe temporarily, maybe not.

Let’s see what happens.

The Fisker Ocean Extreme seems to be a good deal at current pricing of $33,123 or B1.2million

Fisker was mentioned in the video 

WLTP  630.0 km real range  563 km 

solar panel on roof

https://www.evspecifications.com/en/comparison/70224f92

At $26,438 off, the Ocean Extreme represents undeniable value for money - but should you buy one?

https://carbuzz.com/fisker-waives-destination-fee-2023-ocean-trims/

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The Fisker Ocean Extreme seems to be a good deal at current pricing of $33,123 or B1.2million

Fisker was mentioned in the video 

WLTP  630.0 km real range  563 km 

solar panel on roof

https://www.evspecifications.com/en/comparison/70224f92

At $26,438 off, the Ocean Extreme represents undeniable value for money - but should you buy one?

https://carbuzz.com/fisker-waives-destination-fee-2023-ocean-trims/

Isn't Fisker going teats-up? 

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

No, you didn't. Safety First did and I proved him wrong by saying they were BP solar panels manufactured in Australia. When you then replied that BP closed its solar division in 2011 I assumed you were trying to support him that they couldn't be BP panels as they closed 13 years ago. Otherwise why else would you post that?

If you weren't suggesting that then fair enough.

You’re too kind to the troll

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An interesting report on Toyota and its thoughts on things. I hope the EV-ers here will watch it, but I doubt they will.................🤭

Toyota with their thoughts are still No.1.....:clap2:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

come back and expected this to be dead and buried

Hilarious.

What's hilarious is that you are still assuming. 😂

BTW, your comment is welcomed, as no hostility this time. Let's keep it civil. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

30 minutes ago, transam said:

An interesting report on Toyota and its thoughts on things. I hope the EV-ers here will watch it, but I doubt they will.................🤭

Toyota with their thoughts are still No.1.....:clap2:

You obviously didn’t see the post about Legacy automakers funding lobbying and other activities to impede the uptake of EV’s?

Japan was the worst and in Japan Toyota was top.

Toyota’s Hybrid marketing slogan…

”Self Charging EV’s”

Ugh ppplleeaassee!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

You obviously didn’t see the post about Legacy automakers funding lobbying and other activities to impede the uptake of EV’s?

Japan was the worst and in Japan Toyota was top.

Toyota’s Hybrid marketing slogan…

”Self Charging EV’s”

Ugh ppplleeaassee!

You have missed out the fact that Toyota is the No.1 money making King with its strategy, but I expected that............🤗

6 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Currently. But it remains to be seen long term if EV adoption continues. The more successful EVs become the less successful Toyota will become - it is inevitable as they are years behind hence their investment in PR and lobbying against EVs.

Time will tell.

Personally I wouldn't bet against Toyota. A very smart company. I drove Mercedes for much of my working life but moved to work in Japan. I was given a company car....a Toyota Crown Royal Saloon (they didn't have Lexus in Japan in this days). This car was an eyeopener, made the Benz looks like a cart and horse.

So remember before you part with any money, that in the 70s and early 80s when Japanese cars were rubbished as rust buckets and their motorcycles were called 'rice burners' by the shortsighted western car and bike manufacturers. Were it not for some serious protectionism by the US Toyota would have wiped out their car industry like they did their motor bike industry.

PHEVs are still growing in the EU in Q1 whereas EVs (despite huge government subsidies) were stumbling at the first hurdle.....and they will fall at the second hurdle unless someone sorts out a good network of fast chargers and the news from the US looks very poor on this item. The western press have had photos recently of vast parking lots filled with unsold Tesla's in the US, and unsold Chinese EV's in Brussels. 

• Agree 1

Toyota reported record annual net profit of ¥4.94 trillion ($31.9 billion) on Wednesday, but the world's largest automaker by sales warned that the current year would be less spectacular.

For this year it expects net profit of ¥3.57 trillion, down 27.8%, because of investments in "growth areas" such as electric and hydrogen cars, as well as in "human capital."

Toyota last month said it sold 11.1 million vehicles across all brands in fiscal 2023, up 5% and the first time the company had exceeded 10 million.

A big factor was a 31% jump in sales of hybrid vehicles — combining internal combustion engines and batteries

Toyota is however still aiming to sell 1.5 million EVs annually by 2026 and 3.5 million by 2030.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/business/2024/05/08/companies/toyota-posts-record-yearly-net-profit/

Toyota seems to be doing better than other Brands

They are not having a firesale to sell their vehicles like some EV Brands

• Like 1