Pig DNA found in beef meatballs after Muslim council complaints

webfact

31 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Got me thinking. Are there any pigs in heaven. Allah created everything right? That includes pigs right? So why are they so objectionable towards pigs? 

The founder was trying to make his new religion acceptable to Jews he wanted to converts so incorporated a few of their practices, no piggy, circumcision etc

• Like 2

Many years ago my sister used to breed dogs she fed them on sheep's brains and horsemeat. I tried cooking and eating a horsemeat steak, it was nowhere near as good as beefsteak. I drew the line at eating the Sheep's brains though.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They have found  horse in beef in UK and beef in mutton in India...Cross species of meat contamination  is not unusual at all. But it has serious  religious  implications for some...This is my main concern..

They are allowed to eat meat considered haram if they have nothing else to eat, or if they are eating it not knowing it's haram.

As far as i know.

• Like 1

Everyone should have the right to be informed of what's in the food they eat, and what is not, and to not be deceived. This is a much bigger issue than specifically Islamic dogma. 

For example, the other day I ordered an expensive duck dish from a Chinese restaurant. It was duck alright. Duck Beaks! The menu did not say it was a dish with only Duck Beaks! What council should I complain to?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Just apart from the anti muslim bigots here the real issue is quality but everyone seems to have missed that in the rush.

We can't compare the quality of beef and pig, since both animals are great for different kind of dishes.

What we can say is that everyone as a consumer should get what they pay for.

If Muslims pay for beef, they shouldn't get beef mixed with leftovers of pig and so on.

Having worked in the restaurant industry for 20+ years i know where some of the problems are.

Butchers are not always changing or cleaning their equipment properly enough, when they switch from different kinds of meat.

Same goes in some restaurant kitchens.

I have seen myself several times after we handed the equipment to the dishwashers, we had it returned with leftovers of meat in the different parts of the grinder, so we had to send it back for another cleaning.

I can imagine not everyone are going through their equipment like a detective, so small parts of meat are still in the equipment when grinding the next kind of animal.

There are parts of the equipment, where you actually can't visually confirm if it's totally clean or not.

I can imagine it's the same thing in some of these cases where they find DNA from other animals.

Nothing lethal, but it's certainly not good PR.

If you sell beef, the product should only contain beef and not parts of pork and so on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Everyone should have the right to be informed of what's in the food they eat, and what is not, and to not be deceived. This is a much bigger issue than specifically Islamic dogma. 

For example, the other day I ordered an expensive duck dish from a Chinese restaurant. It was duck alright. Duck Beaks! The menu did not say it was a dish with only Duck Beaks! What council should I complain to?

Start with the Thailand council of Duck Growers.com

3 hours ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

Are you Idiot? Muslims built Sicily, Sardinia and Spain on top civilization while USA doesn't exist and Europe was a flat snow land with some Vikings 

You sure about all that?

Sicily, Sardinia and Spain aren't part of Europe?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

What you know, muslims still seems to be living in same civilization whereas World has moved from flat snow land to the land of innovation/technology and humanity.

Meanwhile, the most populous Muslim nation will become the 11th largest economy in the world by 2031.

It's hilarious that North Korea beat the US to fire a hypersonic missile that hit its target 1,000 miles away. Maybe some people should curb their hegemonic tendencies and the world would be a nicer place.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RobU said:

Many years ago my sister used to breed dogs she fed them on sheep's brains and horsemeat. I tried cooking and eating a horsemeat steak, it was nowhere near as good as beefsteak. I drew the line at eating the Sheep's brains though.

It's  well known that sheep are the dumbest animals on the planet so why they developed brains is beyond me. The porcine species, on the other hand, are very intelligent yet still end up feeding man. Your tough horsemeat steak was probably last to cross the line in the previous Grand National.....????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

Are you Idiot? Muslims built Sicily, Sardinia and Spain on top civilization while USA doesn't exist and Europe was a flat snow land with some Vikings 

That must have been thousands of years ago and they knew about DNA then? Respect man! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1