Anyone Know What This Insect Is?

Searunner

Hi

I was sitting in my easy chair in the lounge this morning and suddenly noticed this insect scurrying across the tiles. Initially I thought it was a small spider but on closer inspection I think it is a mite of some sort. 

I keep a very clean apartment that is vacuumed twice a week. No pets and the condo management do pest control regularly.

does anyone know what it is, are there likely to be more lurking around and how do I get rid of them?

Mite 15 Jan2022.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 2:11 PM, Searunner said:

Thanks for all the replies. I did find it near the sliding doors where I have a lot of plants. 

I won't kill any others I see

If I sent you pictures of  all the bugs that I can't identify  where I live we would have to start a new forum!  I think most are from China as they all have the same look on their face.

Edited by vandeventer

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Even if you see a huge scary looking  spider leave it too as it’s probably a harmless huntsman which ears other nasties. I’ve a huge one in my bathroom called Boris ! ???? 

Boris ! did it have ruffled hair and a retarded grin ? It'll be far too busy partying just ignore it i have a feeling it wont be there much longer ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Even if you see a huge scary looking  spider leave it too as it’s probably a harmless huntsman which ears other nasties. I’ve a huge one in my bathroom called Boris ! ???? 

Do you name all your bathrooms?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

My bathrooms called John.

Yes, there are odd looking little critters around , what about this one .

IMGP0038.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, cmjc said:

Yes, fear not, it's a delightful Jumping Spider, completely harmless to mammals, and very helpful for removing insects in you home's crevices.

Far safer than the carcinogenic pesticides your condominium management regularly throw around your home.

A Romanian film company made a series of charming cartoon-like films about them, and what their world appears like (with so many eyes!)

Would be interested in knowing the name of the films, any with English subs ?

On 1/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, cmjc said:

Yes, fear not, it's a delightful Jumping Spider, completely harmless to mammals,

With respect and for reference (Google):-

While their bites are venom-laced, a Jumping spider is unlikely to cause a human fatality. Bite victims may experience red, swollen, painful wounds, and in more severe cases, fever, headache, and nausea. If you're feeling poorly after a bite, consider visiting a doctor.Jun 16, 2020

I have been bitten on several occasions by Jumping Spiders and it is not pleasant - when bitten you can tell by the double puncture marks compared to a single mosquito or fly bite. 

spider bite

11 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Are we still talking spiders, or............:whistling:

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Haha 1