Senior Thai doctor says COVID-19 could lead to long-term side effects

webfact

That may or may not be true for earlier strains of the virus but that does not seem to be the case with omicron unless of course the good doctor has had years of experience with omicron which only appeared less than 2 months ago. If he is referring to the earlier strains I think it is bit early to be predicting anything. It’s really going to change nothing for those who have long covid and there is no current evidence the omicron gives anyone long covid. If it has then the definition of “long” needs to be redefined.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The guy is completely right! The crushed economy is going to have long term side-effects as well as a decade to recover.

Odd analysis, since people "affected" by covid is basically everyone. Vaccines have not protected anyone from being exposed or being infected[that data is everywhere] So, this doctor must be implying that every person, regardless of vaccines, "could" experience long-term effects. After reading up on viruses, this is one of the more common results of viral infections....some kind of long-term effect. Some have been well-documented, because of severity and some have been insignificant.

4 minutes ago, todlad said:

I support your comments ... Thai bashing is always a la mode here and every now and again it is justified. then again, so is Brit bashing, Yank bashing blah blah blah. In this case, I suggest two things for the weak of mind:

1 go and read or listen to what the Doctor actually said and don't forget to take into account the context

2 take a look at the doctor's publications and research history: it seems to me that the Thai bashers have no idea of any of it. I took a look at his record and his credentials seem sound to me. He is an internationally peer reviewed researcher and author of many years' standing.

Read his papers, attend his lectures, discuss these matters with him and then come back and make your snarky comments

Any snarky comments I made were not directed at the doctor but at the bashers. I make no apology for that. Stop projecting.

Edited by ozimoron

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The guy is completely right! The crushed economy is going to have long term side-effects as well as a decade to recover.

If there really is a global recession in 2023, as many predict, this will be a nasty two punch for Thailand

• Like 2