Senior Thai doctor says COVID-19 could lead to long-term side effects

webfact

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If you intend to imply that the contributing factors are mainly lifestyle induced you would be wrong. Large numbers of people suffer from cancer, type 1 diabetes and other chronic illnesses which are not necessarily related with lifestyle.

The Impact of Obesity on SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic Mortality Risk

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/nutrients/nutrients-13-03446/article_deploy/nutrients-13-03446-v2.pdf

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Implying that deaths due to advancing age are relatively unimportant is sociopathy.

I never implied that any type of death was unimportant.  Death is just a fact of life.  Nobody lives forever.

Stop with your nonsense please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

You will be happy to know that death from omicron is rare.  https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1531607/How-deadly-is-Omicron-variant-WHO-report-evg

That article is dated 17th Jan however it was originally published on the 29th Dec, not sure why the Express is re hashing it as the original looks the same as this one. The WHO report it refers too is also the one held back in Dec and a lot has happened since then with its updates and deaths.

However I agree, Omicron is certainly milder than delta and hopefully is the end in the making.

image.png.f464c90d9fd29860d05c13cb30ecb96e.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20220101031550/https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1531607/How-deadly-is-Omicron-variant-WHO-report-evg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

To be fair, It has not caused these symptoms, it has provided the excuse for the regime to introduce lifestyle changing, wealth transferring and society modifying policies, which are changing society for the benefit of those to whom it is beholden.

To that effect for them the pandemic must have been a joy, almost a rapture!

Those that have lost jobs, livelihoods and homes, well, you know where the farm is, off you go...

It's called Build Back Better and for anyone with a functional inquiring mind - it's global.  Just like the 'pandemic.'  Most of the worlds governments (except perhaps in the third-world countries) moved along in lockstep with the exact same policies for the last two years, and now are moving along in lockstep with the Build Back Better trope.

To keep the ball rolling, the commoners need to be kept in a constant state of fear so that they won't squirm too much as "emergency measures" are kept in place for "however long it takes" as the world is reshaped as a Neo-feudal dystopia. 
"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer,
The the mean time, in-between time,
Ain't we got fun!"  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

So either the senior doctor shuts up, or Asean Now should not echo it.

My understanding is that Asean Now translates and reprints posts from Facebook -- posts intended for the Thai audience -- in order to further the goals of this forum. But the goal is not to inform us -- we already know this stuff, as many have rightly pointed out -- but rather to get views for advertisements. Since the thread has already got 2.8k views, you have done your part to help generate revenue for the owners of this forum. We are here to serve them.

Paul Laew

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He did not. Please provide a link.

He didn’t say that exactly.  What he did say was…

“It’s unthinkable to vaccinate during a pandemic. They’re silent. It is the antibodies produced by the virus that enable the infection to become stronger. It is what we call antibody-dependent enhancement, which means antibodies favour a certain infection. It is clear that the new variants are created by antibody-mediated selection due to the vaccination,”

-Luc Montagnier French virologist and joint recipient, with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/fact-check-nobel-laureate-luc-montagnier-didn-t-say-covid-vaccine-recipients-will-die-in-two-years-1807023-2021-05-26

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Airalee said:

He didn’t say that exactly.  What he did say was…

“It’s unthinkable to vaccinate during a pandemic. They’re silent. It is the antibodies produced by the virus that enable the infection to become stronger. It is what we call antibody-dependent enhancement, which means antibodies favour a certain infection. It is clear that the new variants are created by antibody-mediated selection due to the vaccination,”

-Luc Montagnier French virologist and joint recipient, with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/fact-check-nobel-laureate-luc-montagnier-didn-t-say-covid-vaccine-recipients-will-die-in-two-years-1807023-2021-05-26

https://www.newswise.com/factcheck/debunking-the-claim-that-vaccines-cause-new-covid-19-variants

1.png

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Long term effects...

It's only been a short time infection so far?

What long term study?

This has long been known for corona infections in cats and the following corona diseases after multiple contact with the antigen. The disease is called FIP and is fatal.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I’m just pointing out what he said.  Try to stay on topic please.

Now let’s return to the original topic.  Long Covid.

“June 8, 2021 – Obesity -- an established major risk factor in the development of severe infection or death from COVID-19 infection -- also appears to significantly increase the risk of developing long-term complications from the disease, a syndrome often referred to as long-haul COVID-19, according to a new study.”

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210608/obesity-increases-risk-of-long-covid-study-finds

Just now, Airalee said:

I’m just pointing out what he said.  Try to stay on topic please.

Now let’s return to the original topic.  Long Covid.

“June 8, 2021 – Obesity -- an established major risk factor in the development of severe infection or death from COVID-19 infection -- also appears to significantly increase the risk of developing long-term complications from the disease, a syndrome often referred to as long-haul COVID-19, according to a new study.”

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210608/obesity-increases-risk-of-long-covid-study-finds

How many times to I have to repeat, I never mentioned obesity. Nobody disputes that it does. My point was that it isn't just lifestyle diseases and conditions which cause illness and death from covid.

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How many times to I have to repeat, I never mentioned obesity. Nobody disputes that it does. My point was that it isn't just lifestyle diseases and conditions which cause illness and death from covid.

92.8% of Covid deaths were with people with comorbidities.

“The risk of mortality associated with at least one comorbidity combined was 1113 times higher than that with no comorbidity. The comparative analysis identified nine comorbidities with odds ratios of up to 35 times higher than no comorbidities. Of them, the top four comorbidities were: hypertension (odds ratio 34.73; 95% CI 3.63-331.91; p = 0.002), diabetes (odds ratio 20.16; 95% CI 5.55-73.18; p < 0.00001), cardiovascular disease (odds ratio 18.91; 95% CI 2.88-124.38; p = 0.002), and chronic kidney disease (odds ratio 12.34; 95% CI 9.90-15.39; p < 0.00001).”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34449622/

1113 times higher.  That is far more concerning than the increase in deaths (and most likely long Covid also) due to being unvaccinated.

Better to be healthy than vaccinated?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Airalee said:

“The risk of mortality associated with at least one comorbidity combined was 1113 times higher than that with no comorbidity. The comparative analysis identified nine comorbidities with odds ratios of up to 35 times higher than no comorbidities. Of them, the top four comorbidities were: hypertension (odds ratio 34.73; 95% CI 3.63-331.91; p = 0.002), diabetes (odds ratio 20.16; 95% CI 5.55-73.18; p < 0.00001), cardiovascular disease (odds ratio 18.91; 95% CI 2.88-124.38; p = 0.002), and chronic kidney disease (odds ratio 12.34; 95% CI 9.90-15.39; p < 0.00001).”

1113 times higher.  That is far more concerning than the increase in deaths (and most likely long Covid also) due to being unvaccinated.

No, your data is not controlled for deaths among the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated. You can't draw that conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

You cannot choose to not have kidney disease.

You can choose to be vaccinated.

I am sure you would agree that anyone with a chronic disease should vaccinate.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You cannot choose to not have kidney disease.

You can choose to be vaccinated.

I am sure you would agree that anyone with a chronic disease should vaccinate.

I agree that someone with a chronic disease should have a discussion with their doctor and not take any advice (either for nor against vaccines) from any poster here on this forum.

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

I agree that someone with a chronic disease should have a discussion with their doctor and not take any advice (either for nor against vaccines) from any poster here on this forum.

If their physician informs them that they can vaccinate, you would agree that they should vaccinate, right?

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If their physician informs them that they can vaccinate, you would agree that they should vaccinate, right?

I have never once made a recommendation either for nor against vaccination.  I also believe in doctor/patient confidentiality so their discussion is between themselves.  I do not assume to know what their doctor will advise based upon the content of their conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I have never once made a recommendation either for nor against vaccination.  I also believe in doctor/patient confidentiality so their discussion is between themselves.  I do not assume to know what their doctor will advise based upon the content of their conversation.

Assuming a positive recommendation by a physician, wouldn’t you suggest that anyone with a co-morbidity get vaccinated, due to 92% of fatalities being those with a co-Mormidity?

10 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

You will be happy to know that death from omicron is rare.  https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1531607/How-deadly-is-Omicron-variant-WHO-report-evg

HIV death is rare too, until AIDS comes in. I am just saying for the sake of science and statistics. The point is that we don't know about Omicron and its long term effects yet until a decade of 20 years later when we have enough evidence to confirm. After all there was an early report (have not been recalled yet!!) that the first few cases of Omicron were detected among HIV patients in South Africa or/and Zimbabwe and lead the scientist to believe Covid had merged with HIV. This piece of news was seen in some right wing media outlet when Omicron was first detected. I personally was very sceptical about that report and thought it could be misinformation

I am not say that we shouldn't get on with life. We absolutely needs to. But it is also important to be vigilant and try to keep an open mind. 

I am not scared by any of the Covid virus neither. But I firmly believe it takes time to understand the full effects of a virus, especially if there is a good chance that this virus was a synthetic or Gain-of-function product. Again I am not saying it is. I am just keeping an open mind about it.

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Assuming a positive recommendation by a physician, wouldn’t you suggest that anyone with a co-morbidity get vaccinated, due to 92% of fatalities being those with a co-Mormidity?

A second opinion should be obtained from another qualified physician, not from myself.

I would however suggest that they try to eat a healthy diet, exercise and abstain from drinking and smoking.  But they probably wouldn’t listen anyways and would quite possibly say “who do you think you are?  My doctor?”

Edited by Airalee

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

In almost 1 in 10 deaths the victims had no comorbidities. Do you think that's an acceptably low number? I sure don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

In almost 1 in 10 deaths the victims had no comorbidities. Do you think that's an acceptably low number? I sure don't.

It’s acceptable enough to be able to comment that people (in general) don’t take good enough care of their health.