How To Get A Refund From Air Asia

ThaiPauly

6 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I even wrote an e-mail to the owner Tony Fernandes but it was undelivered, he has no e-mail addresses.

No one in Air Asia does, they are saving money on email servers, try writing them snail mail.....

Apologies for making a joke , Hope you get your refund but trust me Air Asia sucks!!

Edited by RandiRona
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not going to let this rest, it's almost 4,000 baht they owe me and will NOT pay me.

They cancelled 6,000bht of my flights.

Not a lot of money, hardly the end of the world.

I'd forget it and move on, I've still got the credit if the world ever opens up again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

did u pay by credit card?  if so just file a fraud case with cc company.  air asia has had to pay up many times due to this............u paid for a service via cc . u didnt get the service.  that is fraud.  cc companys take this seriously.................air asia is screwed...............but i want you do know if u dont ever need to speak to air asia, i fly them all the time with no issues.............

Well you certainly would have an issue if they cancelled your flight!!

But thatnks for the tip, I will contact my bank today, cheers

27 minutes ago, tonray said:

Two years running...no refund...out almost 4000 baht just like you.  They play a shell game...processed everything correctly and said my claim was accepted...but never a baht back. They are broke...except for Tony and his wife who are fabulously rich....

I am going to write to him via his football club, that might get to him, but he needs to know the game his company is playing and how unlawful it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThaiPauly said:

Well up to you my friend.

But you say you got a credit?

I cant even get hold of anybody to get that!

It's the principle, sure 4,000 baht is not a lot but why should I let them get away with it.

They do it to everybody and I will not let it go

I just did the online claim form right at the start, March 2020.

Then they gave me a 1 year credit, then near the end of that year they extended the credit for another 2 years.

It's not really their fault the governments of the world put them out of business.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Then they gave me a 1 year credit, then near the end of that year they extended the credit for another 2 years.

It's not really their fault the governments of the world put them out of business.

What email address did you use Brit?

Have you tried the Airpaz app? I cancelled a flight and Airasia gave me a voucher through the AirAsia app but u will have to use the Airpaz app. According to the conditions that's all they provide. I can rebook up to 2 years after the cancellation. You can contact customer services through their app and I assume also through the Airpaz app.

Edited by Card

I have several flights that were cancelled over the last two years, some with AA. I have never managed to get a credit note, let alone a refund from them. The process is made just too difficult for it to be possible. In the end I gave up and chalked it up to experience.

i got a big refund from British Airways although it took some chasing. Turkish Airlines is another where I had to give up in the end. They have no office in Bangkok now and there was no way to get a response online or by phone.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not going to let this rest, it's almost 4,000 baht they owe me and will NOT pay me.

Many people including myself have and will be in your situation.

I even did a charge back on my Visa, which they disputed and won.

I eventually settled for Credit and used it in between lockdowns.

Service was abysmal with hours long check-ins.  Barely any staff.

I'm just sticking to Thai Smile or driving.

Your going to have to choose is it worth the time and effort for 4,000 baht to get the refund?

For me the credit for future travel was fine and luckily I used it.

I think the credits are valid for 2 years.

23 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

did u pay by credit card?  if so just file a fraud case with cc company.  air asia has had to pay up many times due to this............u paid for a service via cc . u didnt get the service.  that is fraud.  cc companys take this seriously.................air asia is screwed...............but i want you do know if u dont ever need to speak to air asia, i fly them all the time with no issues.............

When my Air Asia flight was cancelled in March 2020 (leaving me stranded in Vietnam - luckily Thai Airways was still flying and had seats available), I filed a claim with Traveloka, which had sold me the ticket, and Air Asia denied it, falsely stating that I had cancelled the flight myself ????  I then initiated a dispute with my credit card company, which immediately refunded the money. Traveloka never responded to them, so the charge was officially reversed.

Months later, Traveloka informed me that Air Asia had revised its decision and authorized a refund, but the amount was tiny - probably just the checked baggage fee. Since I had already been made whole by my credit card by that point, though, I no longer cared.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

AA cancelled a flight I was due to take, but getting a refund/credit from them seems an impossible job.

You would think it would be perfectly reasonable, they cancelled the flight, so they should refund you.

But this is AirAsia, they cancelled flights on us too, sent us an email declaring we could have a refund or credit, we chose refund, 12 months later after so many times on their useless 'chatbot' we got nothing, so luckily as I had booked them via Australia, I got the local consumer protection involved, eventually they were forced to refund.

They are a one way valve, just like the one at the end of your digestive tract, in this case a one way money valve, once in their system, not possible to retrieve it.

When AirAsia X collapsed, all creditors, that is people who had brought tickets and received a credit (known as unsecured creditors), will get (they haven't paid out yet) 1/2 cent in the dollar.

AirAsia is most probably the worlds worst discount airline.

Good luck, I hope you succeed, please share your story if you do as many out there would also like to know how to get refunded from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Turkish Airlines is another where I had to give up in the end. They have no office in Bangkok now and there was no way to get a response online or by phone.

I had no problem getting a refund from Turkish, I called their call centre in Istanbul and they offered a refund, and waited on the phone whilst the email confirmation came through, they did advise that it would take three months, and it was to the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, BritManToo said:

How do you find the online credit form?

I have booked them from America and there is no way of reaching "customer service".

They don’t give refunds any longer, just credit notes. 

On an unrelated matter, but still the frustration with not being able to speak to a real person after a cancelled flight, I went down to airasia check-in and made a scene, I was told to sit and wait for the supervisor, who must have ran away, I sat there for 2 hours. I made a video of staff ignoring me - the airport security were called, police were called (luckily just some old boy on a push bike) - I was made to delete the video because it was illegal to make a video in an airport and my actions could end up with an employee losing their job, which no one was doing, deformation laws. 

So, don’t bother with a personal visit. 

Also, just to point out, Ryan air and all the UK budget airlines are pulling similar stunts, cancelling flights or advertising flights that were never going to fly with little or no recourse. “It’s not our fault, the government makes the laws”

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

Wanted a refund from Air Asia about ten years ago, IIRC 2000 baht.

Never got it, so I never flew with them again.

Pre Covid, I was flying back to Melbourne business class every six months. Airfare one way 16,000 - 20,000. I was also using them for the Bangkok-Chiang Mai leg when I came back.

I figure their decision to avoid making the refund lost them at least 150,000 baht in airfares that went to a competitor.

Cheat your customers, and it won't be long before you have none, no matter how many glitzy advertising campaigns you run.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 8:56 AM, RandiRona said:

No one in Air Asia does, they are saving money on email servers, try writing them snail mail.....

Apologies for making a joke , Hope you get your refund but trust me Air Asia sucks!!

Yes the suck big time they change my flights without asking me which I can’t ever accept because the vans and/or speed boats leave at certain times. This is the third time in 8 months then never refunds only credit which never works and they tell me every time I need to go to airport idiots! When I tell them to pay for gas, parking and my time from Rayong they giggle, last time I told them they can shove it up their mamas. These <deleted> don’t scare me one day they’ll know

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, portlandtree said:

Ava sucks only has answers to like 5-5 questions and nothing you ask them only what’s preprogrammed in that <deleted> box

Only seems to work if you've already received an e-mail concerning the cancellation and your "options".

Shaming them via their Facebook page was a way to get a response a few years back....but probably not so nowadays.