Thailand Pass Scam

tpbon

On 1/28/2022 at 6:19 AM, tpbon said:

I just received an email supposedly from Thailand Pass that said “ There is a problem related to the request, please download the attachment and update the information” It also said it must be downloaded to a PC, not a cell phone. Sounds fishy...

I am still puzzled as to what exactly happened and how it happened and I should be grateful if you could shed light on it.

After you had applied for your Thailand Pass (TP) directly at tp.consular.go.th, had received the TP and about a month ago had already arrived with it in Thailand, you received the following email:

image.png.c98c89a2474969dc1e2851df3be963d2.png

1. When (date and time) did you receive it? This is to see the time lapse between your receipt of this email and the receipt of the message from AQ.in.th, which you received at 11:57 AM, apparently on 28 January.

2. Who was shown as the sender of this email, which you say was "supposedly from Thailand Pass"? Don't give the full email address, only the last part, @.....

13 hours ago, Puccini said:

I am still puzzled as to what exactly happened and how it happened and I should be grateful if you could shed light on it.

After you had applied for your Thailand Pass (TP) directly at tp.consular.go.th, had received the TP and about a month ago had already arrived with it in Thailand, you received the following email:

image.png.c98c89a2474969dc1e2851df3be963d2.png

1. When (date and time) did you receive it? This is to see the time lapse between your receipt of this email and the receipt of the message from AQ.in.th, which you received at 11:57 AM, apparently on 28 January.

2. Who was shown as the sender of this email, which you say was "supposedly from Thailand Pass"? Don't give the full email address, only the last part, @.....

I received the message on the line app about 30 minutes after receiving the scam email.

I deleted it so I can’t tell you the address but I’ll see if I can find it. I’ll PM you.