Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

Scott

A post with false or misleading information and a reply have been removed.  

Age related restriction were all lifted in April, 2020.  All adults were eligible for a vaccination as of April 20, 2020.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marcardar said:

Not sure if this was sarcastic or not. But of course the % of those who die (that are unvaccinated) will gradually fall from 100% (when there was 0% vaccination coverage) to 0% (in the theoretical case where 100% of the population is vaccinated). Indeed, that's what we are seeing.

Although I don't have a link for deaths, here's one (BMJ, not some rag) that talks about vaccination rates amongst those in critical care.

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o5

The important statistic is not the vac. vs. unvac. proportion of those in critical care (or deaths), but what your chances are when vac. vs. unvac. Bottom line, you're about 10 times better off vaccinated than unvaccinated.

My point is that the "ten times better off" won't change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My point is that the "ten times better off" won't change.

That's not true either, because existing vaccines will be less effective against new variants.

But anyway, the original post was specifically about the proportion of those dying, and that will of course decrease from 100% towards 0%. Not linearly, but still it will decrease.

5 minutes ago, marcardar said:

That's not true either, because existing vaccines will be less effective against new variants.

But anyway, the original post was specifically about the proportion of those dying, and that will of course decrease from 100% towards 0%. Not linearly, but still it will decrease.

No, for every 100 unvaccinated people who die, 1 or 2 vaccinated people will die. That number will not change unless the vaccines change or new variants arrive. That's what the Op says.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, for every 100 unvaccinated people who die, 1 or 2 vaccinated people will die. That number will not change unless the vaccines change or new variants arrive. That's what the Op says.

Not sure if you're trolling or not. But of course that is not true. Simply consider the case where every single person is vaccinated. Then of course 0% of the people who die will be unvaccinated. Have a read of the quote and link I posted.

Edited by marcardar

Just now, marcardar said:

Not sure if you're trolling or not. But of course that is not true. Simply consider the case where every single person is vaccinated. Then of course 0% of the people who die will be unvaccinated. Have read of the quote and link I posted.

What you are suggesting is that the propensity for dying can change and I'm saying that it can't, corrected for vaccine efficacy and virus severity.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

And this is what's being used by the anti vaxxers.  Look at Israel!  Heavily vaccinated and still getting lots of cases.  They use this to prove the vaccine doesn't work.  Which we all know, it does. LOL

What's interesting is that people on all sides don't understand basic statistics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marcardar said:

What's interesting is that people on all sides don't understand basic statistics.

Let's get this perfectly clear. The stats provided in that sample showed that 99% of those who died were unvaccinated. That percentage will NEVER change. If more people get vaccinated the total numbers of people dying will reduce but whatever the number of people dying, 99% will be unvaccinated.