Paid for Moderna last July - still waiting amid Government silence

cliveshep

Paid for Moderna shots last July at our hospital for my wife and sister. Amid silence and lack of any explanation from Government or the well-known Bangkok private hospital still waiting 8 months later.  No refunds, no apology, no explanation, plenty of silence. Meanwhile Anutin publicly offered free Sinovac shots instead but of course did not offer to give us our money back.

Naturally my wife refused to consider Sinovac as it is well known to be less than effective of all the vaccines and what effectiveness it has enjoys a half-life of 40 days, so by a couple of months down the line one has lost what if any benefit it once conferred. She elected to wait for the paid for Moderna shots.

Were she offered Pfizer by the hospital in lieu she would have accepted but nope - the hospital say not their problem, it was a Government arrangement and they just sent in the order with the collected money. Phone-calls to the hospital produce no intelligence whatsoever - "wait" they say. We've now been waiting for 8 months and wonder how much longer?

Are the Government simply doing what it appears they are doing - extorting money from over 2 million of us with false promises? Will the vaccine ever appear before we all expire from old age? Anyone know the answers?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jerno said:

No response?  Because you are a peasant nobody and Anutin is a retard that cares about nobody but his rich self and army friends.

Can't fault your assessment of Anutin and the rest of the corrupt mingers despoiling the country for their own personal gain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, adexco said:

5555 thank you so much ! can't stop laughing when thinking about all the own shadow scared people who paid for something that was 100% sure going to be free for all...

I would give your selfish money to charity.

Yes I agree. Taken in by all the BS, much of it on this very forum. I've been tripled dosed for free thanks to the Thai DOPH.

Neither do I feel as if I'm a 'peasant nobody' @Jerno  I've been treated with great respect.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, adexco said:

5555 thank you so much ! can't stop laughing when thinking about all the own shadow scared people who paid for something that was 100% sure going to be free for all...

I would give your selfish money to charity.

Here comes Alex Jones

• Sad 1

We paid THG for Moderna deposit in June last year in Bangkok. Heard nothing concrete until December by when we have since then been jabbed and boosted with free govt vaccines elsewhere.

Now THG is saying with less than two months notice to pay up remainder of deposit OR we lose deposit end of February 2022.

We have choice if we pay remainder to save jab until end of May 2022 as a booster or transfer to someone else willing to pay us - and that's our job to find someone else!!? Decided to call it a lesson learnt and not paying that hospital a baht more whilst going for the free govt programs elsewhere. Got a free booster end of this month coming of Pfizer.

23 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

We paid THG for Moderna deposit in June last year in Bangkok. Heard nothing concrete until December by when we have since then been jabbed and boosted with free govt vaccines elsewhere.

Now THG is saying with less than two months notice to pay up remainder of deposit OR we lose deposit end of February 2022.

We have choice if we pay remainder to save jab until end of May 2022 as a booster or transfer to someone else willing to pay us - and that's our job to find someone else!!? Decided to call it a lesson learnt and not paying that hospital a baht more whilst going for the free govt programs elsewhere. Got a free booster end of this month coming of Pfizer.

THG (Thonburi Health Group) rang a bell with me so did a quick search and their chairman was being sued last summer by the Government Pharmaceutical Office (not purchase office per my earlier post) for defamation after he accused them of profiting off the deal allowing private hospitals to import mRNA vaccines. Earlier in the year, he had made claims about already having a deal in place with Zuelling Pharma to bring Moderna's mRNA vaccine into Thailand, a claim that forced a spike in THG's share value. There was some debate whether there ever was a deal or an attempt at market manipulation. In early August, he claimed that he had given up hope of importing Pfizer vaccines for private sale due to bureaucratic delays outwith his company's control. His claims that he lost several millions of baht forfeited when the deals failed to materialize also drew the SEC's attention (again).

Not sure if the suits are still out there but it seems THG may be more hungry for Moderna money than the other private hospitals?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dr-boon-vanasin-the-medical-tycoon-in-eye-of-thailands-vaccine-storm/

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thai-hospital-tycoon-sticks-guns-vaccine-claims-2021-07-16/

• Like 1

Our Hospital is CGH in Phahonyothin Road, Anusawan, Bang Khen, Bangkok (Central General Hospital) and we are still in the dark. A bit concerning as the Omicron has now reached 15,000 plus cases a day and rising but it is comforting to know that competing Government Agencies are responsible for the delays and are busy slagging each other off in the inevitable Thai Officials blame-game. How is it that no one (meaning no Thais) with their proclivity for shooting each other have not so far managed to shoot Anutin et al for all the cock-ups?

On 2/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, cliveshep said:

Will the vaccine ever appear before we all expire from old age? Anyone know the answers?

You subscribed to the Moderna vaccine through CGH and paid them? How? Via an app, LINE, in person?

https://i-regist.cgh.co.th/?r=register&project=2564-007

Check Registration Status

Have you received any COVID vaccinations?

What is your ultimate goal? Getting vaccinated? Getting your money back?

Would Pfizer be acceptable to you?

You could get vaccinated this afternoon, if you wanted.

Many ready to help here but need to understand your situation and goals.

IMO, you need to be proactive in seeking out vaccinations. 

20210819_cgh_moderna_phaholyothin_ver1.png

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

not much to do with the government, but with the hospital you payed to.

they said it would be coming end of year/first quater.

If they don't give you one before end of march, you can demand refund.

I have payed at the end of august, the second generation suppose to be coming in the first half of year.

I am happy to wait as long as it needs, I got already booster. But really would prefer refund and free vax from the government

Have you contacted the hospital?

I also had some initial trouble after buying Moderna - first fo all, I expected to be contacted when it arrived, which did not happen, then I emailed and got no reply, went to their website but couldn't find anything except how to purchase,  etc etc typical stuff. Finally got hold of them by Line. Turned out they had been immunizing away, I just didn't know the system for booking it. Once I got the link, it was simple to book and receive it.

• Like 1

Via the THG LINE account, I paid starting JULY 2021 for 2 Moderna shots 4th quarter 2021 and 2 Moderna shots 1st quarter 2022.

The 2 4Q shots were given away and already received. I have booked for one 1st Q 2022 Moderna shot next month (MAR 2022) and the second one will be given to the same person as the 2 4Q.

As noted before, when I paid for the shots on the THG LINE account via Kasikorn about the only way to get a Pfizer/Moderna/J&J shot was to travel to US and many in fact were doing just that.

When things were looking grim early last year, and the general response from local hospitals was 'Thai first, foreigners later' , I jumped at the option in early July of paying for Moderna shots with Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai.

As it turned out the Bangkok Hospital Hat Yai managed to get me sorted with a Thai ID number to enable my registration for vaccination on the local Songkhla scheme. I got my first free AZ shot at the end of July and the second in October.

Meanwhile my Moderna jabs, originally scheduled for end of year, got pushed back to early 2022. End January I got notification they would be available and sure enough I took one as a booster last week.

I bought them as an insurance, as it turns out they've ended up as a booster.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i know a person in buriram who bought the moderna in advance, august 2021 timeframe.  in the meantime, her husband got two astras and she got two pfizers.  moderna still not arrived but now each plan to use as a booster (4 shots total and the other two will be boosters for two parents).  so the delay has not been great but worked out ok in some cases.

I took the Sinovac/AZ combination in August last year because I was in the highest risk group. I did not want to wait for a vaccine when its arrival was so uncertain. Better than nothing, which proved to be the case when I was infected with COVID in October. Three days of a sore throat and runny nose, no after-effects. I had my Pfizer booster last Thursday. All three jabs were free.

In the OP's shoes, I would get vaccinated ASAP with whatever is available, and either write off the Moderna, or use it as a booster when appropriate.

• Like 1

I paid for Moderna at Bumrungrad and MedPark in August last year. (This was when it wasn't clear what other options foreigners were going to have, but I've since been vaccinated with Astra Z).

I've had emails off Bumrungrad twice saying they had Moderna supplies, but when I went to make a reservation, they had already run out. The system is still showing no availability for me. In the meantime, I know several people who bought Moderna through them in November/December and have already received their shots, so this is not just a supply chain issue.

However, MedPark came through, and I used it as a booster. I was able to book as soon as I received the email from them saying they had supplies. (I still have one shot available at Medpark if anyone is looking for one.)

20 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Moderna is widely available here on Phuket (on the contrary to Pfizer, unfortunately, which I would prefer over all other vaccines)

Pfizer is available free in Chiang Rai, Moderna is pot luck. Makes one wonder who is organising supply, if that verb can be used.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Pfizer is available free in Chiang Rai

Do you know a hospital where it is available for sure? I want it because I will need those stupid papers for the travel in the nearest months, and I don't want any other vaccine and could not find a place to buy papers only

40 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Do you know a hospital where it is available for sure? I want it because I will need those stupid papers for the travel in the nearest months, and I don't want any other vaccine and could not find a place to buy papers only

Moderna at BPH..order now for Mar/April vax.

Edited by couchpotato

I got my Moderna booster last month in Phuket at the mission hospital.

No pre-order, just made a appointment 1 week before.

looks like it's a problem of the private hospitals in Bangkok as Moderna  is easily available in Phuket.

• Like 1