Denied non-O covid extension Thai child stay with me. Ombudsman? Child rights?

OP, your not clear.

I assume you have a ME visa based on marriage. One year validity? 

That requires you to exit Thailand every 3 months? 

You need to outline your situation exactly.

You could have obtained an extension based on marriage. 

When does your current permission of stay end..

Forget the human rights idea.

There are requirements to live in Thailand. 

Even married, parent etc... you still on temporary permission of stay. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

There is no entitlement to get the covid 19 extensions due to you having a Thai child and/or being married to a Thai.

Anybody that entered on a non immigrant visa cannot get them now. New rules done by immigration.

I assume you have already used you one 60 day extension to visit your wife or child since you last entry to the country.

If you want to stay longer you should apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to Thai or for being the parent of one. You need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 2

I'll explain. It's easy. The multi-entry visa did not require the declaration of income, since 90 days of stay is the border of automatic residence in many countries (maybe all over the world?) . As soon as you become a resident, they hang income declarations and other things on you. Before the pandemic, the income of 1200-1500 USD was enough for the birth of a child. All basic functions work the same way as long-stay visas (resident). When they closed the borders and created quarantines, the income of 1200-1500 USD turned out to be a little insufficient for border runs. And there is a child. He's already living. I believe that depriving a child of one parent and putting him in prison on the basis of a pandemic is psychopathic nonsense

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand your problem and situation. Sad to say but you are not the one. Many people with multiple entry non-o visas have the same problem as you now.

Many have managed to meet the requirements to apply for a one year extension since the covid 19 pandemic started. I have a friend that started doing transfers to meet 40k baht income option and has applied for his extension now.

• Like 2

See. A basic foundation is used everywhere. If you are ill, you need to establish the cause (basis) of the disease, and not treat the symptoms. If there is a crime, say murder, then the motives are established. Maybe it's self-defense or vice versa, premeditated and planned murder. The types of punishments are completely different. Just like the treatment of diseases is completely different - either you eliminate the cause of the disease, or you treat the symptoms. So, the reason for depriving a child of a parent is the closure of borders due to a pandemic. I consider this an absolutely inadequate excuse, because I intend to protect the rights of the child.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fert said:

I'll explain. It's easy. The multi-entry visa did not require the declaration of income, since 90 days of stay is the border of automatic residence in many countries (maybe all over the world?) . As soon as you become a resident, they hang income declarations and other things on you. Before the pandemic, the income of 1200-1500 USD was enough for the birth of a child. All basic functions work the same way as long-stay visas (resident). When they closed the borders and created quarantines, the income of 1200-1500 USD turned out to be a little insufficient for border runs. And there is a child. He's already living. I believe that depriving a child of one parent and putting him in prison on the basis of a pandemic is psychopathic nonsense

I think you should talk with an agent.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fert said:

If the parents have the same problem, I propose to act collectively against the psychopaths in power

That would be a perfect start in Thailand. It could also lead to an unpleasant long term stay...

Cool down and try to understand what the moderator is saying, weed out other advice. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Changes have taken place everywhere because of the pandemic. But not to such an extent that, under equal conditions, it would threaten prison, deportation and a blacklist. Which actually turns into deprivation of parental rights and orphanhood of a child. They just got used to blurring everything with little things, not accepting the reason and the result.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I feel the man is hurting, confused, and angry.

In addition he is playing the victim card.

Clearly never considered plan B of obtaining 12 month extension based on marriage.

In fact hasn't even mentioned it along with explanation of why it wouldn't work. Lack of finances or whatever.

However his solution is to take class action against Thai Gov.

<deleted>.

Self reassessment is overdue. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fert said:

I would be grateful if someone could help draft a statement or a lawsuit against the government. I don't speak English very well and use a translator.

That doesn't make any sense, considering that such a (futile, IMHO) lawsuit would need to be filed in a Thai court of law, where English is of no use whatsoever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In addition he is playing the victim card.

Clearly never considered plan B of obtaining 12 month extension based on marriage.

In fact hasn't even mentioned it along with explanation of why it wouldn't work. Lack of finances or whatever.

However his solution is to take class action against Thai Gov.

<deleted>.

Self reassessment is overdue. 

I have a distinct feeling that even attemtping to "take action" while not having a valid extension to stay, will be detrimental to a postive outcome. He will become illegally in the country with less "rights" than he has previously enjoyed, even precariously.

I feel the soup kitchen in Immigration Detention will have a new detainee

• Like 2