Phuket tourist murder on Friday night was an international gangland hit on a known drug player

webfact

2 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Weird part of the story.  He lives in a luxury condo.  Is a big time drug dealer.  And he drives an MG?  I mean, if it is a modern Chinese made MG it's not exactly posh is it?

keeping a low profile 

which just recently became a whole lot easier

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Very much amateurs, I'd say. Professionals work alone and use a double tap to the head.  Two shooters firing 10 shots and 'escaping through the beach' sounds like paid Thai thugs to me.

Timing, effective, and how both is in line with each other. Well it my reflections from what I see, might have to see it one more time. To me looks like an diciplined and well done assassination, and as well thinking of Chineese new year with fire cracks do not make anyone suspecious of the sound.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Where was Joe and his cronies with their tax payer BMW's ?

chasing real criminals that overstayed their visa by 30 days lol

All jokes asside - it's about time Thailand started checking peoples criminal backgrounds, obviously not everyone,  that would be impossible but there are several red flags that make certain people stand out from the crowd 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

All jokes asside - it's about time Thailand started checking peoples criminal backgrounds, obviously not everyone,  that would be impossible but there are several red flags that make certain people stand out from the crowd

This guy entered using someone else's passport, so I don't know that a criminal records check would have done any good. And if they start routinely "checking peoples criminal backgrounds", it's a sure bet that the people being checked will be you and me, not folks like our friend "Slice"...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They have special forces in police to, those who you never see, but my best guess this is former special police or army.

This is not the first time an assassination has happened in this area there was one a few years ago maybe a couple of miles back down the road this one was only 5 shots from a moving vehicle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Very much amateurs, I'd say. Professionals work alone and use a double tap to the head.  Two shooters firing 10 shots and 'escaping through the beach' sounds like paid Thai thugs to me.

Not necessarily, I know the area I can walk to it from where I live them villas are right on the beach front to run back through the resort is a fair way and up hill and at the entrance there is security and CCTV and usually many taxi's outside, The escape route via the beach would be the best option there is many properties along that beach front they could have left a car in any of the small soi's along there and even another resort just a couple of 100 meters in the direction they were running as seen on the video, a bit further along is empty land and a cemetery, would be quiet there,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not necessarily, I know the area I can walk to it from where I live them villas are right on the beach front to run back through the resort is a fair way and up hill and at the entrance there is security and CCTV and usually many taxi's outside, The escape route via the beach would be the best option there is many properties along that beach front they could have left a car in any of the small soi's along there and even another resort just a couple of 100 meters in the direction they were running as seen on the video, a bit further along is empty land and a cemetery, would be quiet there,

Or even Rent a house close by! And wait until investigation is over before leaving. 

Anyway, speculation at its best ????

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Or even Rent a house close by! And wait until investigation is over before leaving. 

Anyway, speculation at its best ????

I do know the police have been all over that place that area is hard to discribe its like a closed area not a open beach area like Rawai

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Everybody is assuming he flew into Phuket, It's also possible he could have entered Phuket by boat into Chalong bay then just 2 or 3 miles to the villa where he was shot, infact along the beach 

I remember that time I owns a boat and stay at the boat lagoon, it was easy to come in and out the island  and sailing through the Andaman sea.

Never they checked me.

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I remember that time I owns a boat and stay at the boat lagoon, it was easy to come in and out the island  and sailing through the Andaman sea.

Never they checked me.

It was well known around Chalong and right now there is a few boats in Nai Harn beach 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Or, the job was given to a pro, who got here, looked around, and sub-contracted it to locals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

chasing real criminals that overstayed their visa by 30 days lol

I remember when they had that stupid TM30 thing I think it was called, i.e. if you went overseas or to another province for more than 24 hours, you had to report to immigration upon your return, now if they can't even check when we last entered the country at our own immigration office, which is what they told me at my immigration office, then I see them having a fat chance in checking people's criminal records from abroad.

• Like 1