Thai Prime Minister urges the public to understand living with Covid-19 Coronavirus safely under preventive measures

webfact

Covid-19 is a viral infection that has a higher risk for death than the flu, and a far higher risk of death than a cold. Death happening or not is a big issue, but not the only issue. The infectiousness runs the risk of overwhelming the hospitals and health care systems - which then block access needed by people suffering all the other major maladies of traffic accidents, heart attacks, and the full assortment of diseases the hospitals normally treat.
Lastly, some 30% of those who survive the infection still have symptoms for months longer. The worst cases have permanent damage such as scaring of lung or heart tissue. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351  The virus may also have some of the ongoing nastiness of Herpes, HIV and Chickenpox (which comes back as shingles.)
For these many reasons, Covid-19 needs to be taken seriously with precautions to avoid its spread. Precautions include wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and getting vaccinated/ boosted.

The Guardian published an interactive graphic recently that shows how some anti-vaxers abuse statistics.
See The simple numbers every government should use to fight anti-vaccine misinformation | Australia news | The Guardian
I like it because they also updated what the survival rates were in NSW for vaccinated vs unvaccinated by age group.

If looking through another site is too much, I spotted this composite image of the data presented by The Guardian.

534857114_CovidStatsGuardian07022022.png.1a47562cb226a7a32f006ef22744678e.png

Thailand has done well in getting much of its population vaccinated, especially after the rough start through mid-2021. Vaccinations, mask wearing and some aspects of rural people getting sunlight and fresh air have helped reduce the incidence of serious illness in Thailand vs many other nations.
For all of the above good results, pandemic weariness is here. The desire to stop wearing masks and to socialize risks again spreading the disease exponentially to the millions in Thailand who are not yet fully vaccinated, still making calls for a reopening of the nation a risky option.
February began the vaccination of children ages 5-11. It will take at least 2 months, likely 3 months to give two jabs to this age group, reducing much of the opportunity for spread that way, even as older citizens complete their series of vaccinations. The transition to reopening the society has begun, but it needs be a cautious and staged transition.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Howdy Doody is back with the same stuff, live with it!  then instead of slow and easing just open up with no restrictions because your own people don't even have a clue or understanding as to what they are and how to apply them. The more cream you lay on the cake the more it taste like <deleted> keep it simple OPEN COME ONE COME ALL!????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

Covid-19 is a viral infection that has a higher risk for death than the flu, and a far higher risk of death than a cold. Death happening or not is a big issue, but not the only issue. The infectiousness runs the risk of overwhelming the hospitals and health care systems - which then block access needed by people suffering all the other major maladies of traffic accidents, heart attacks, and the full assortment of diseases the hospitals normally treat.
Lastly, some 30% of those who survive the infection still have symptoms for months longer. The worst cases have permanent damage such as scaring of lung or heart tissue. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351  The virus may also have some of the ongoing nastiness of Herpes, HIV and Chickenpox (which comes back as shingles.)
For these many reasons, Covid-19 needs to be taken seriously with precautions to avoid its spread. Precautions include wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and getting vaccinated/ boosted.

The Guardian published an interactive graphic recently that shows how some anti-vaxers abuse statistics.
See The simple numbers every government should use to fight anti-vaccine misinformation | Australia news | The Guardian
I like it because they also updated what the survival rates were in NSW for vaccinated vs unvaccinated by age group.

If looking through another site is too much, I spotted this composite image of the data presented by The Guardian.

534857114_CovidStatsGuardian07022022.png.1a47562cb226a7a32f006ef22744678e.png

Thailand has done well in getting much of its population vaccinated, especially after the rough start through mid-2021. Vaccinations, mask wearing and some aspects of rural people getting sunlight and fresh air have helped reduce the incidence of serious illness in Thailand vs many other nations.
For all of the above good results, pandemic weariness is here. The desire to stop wearing masks and to socialize risks again spreading the disease exponentially to the millions in Thailand who are not yet fully vaccinated, still making calls for a reopening of the nation a risky option.
February began the vaccination of children ages 5-11. It will take at least 2 months, likely 3 months to give two jabs to this age group, reducing much of the opportunity for spread that way, even as older citizens complete their series of vaccinations. The transition to reopening the society has begun, but it needs be a cautious and staged transition.

Hmmmm.   The new dominant strain is said to be not that dangerous....like a common cold....if you are vaccinated. 

Everyone get vaxed and let's get back to normal please.  

If some people still worry about getting I'll after they are vaxed then they should just keep wearing a mask and take their own precautions.  Personal responsibility. 

• Thanks 2

I reckon Prayut is just keeping this card up his sleeve until the next election at the end of this year.

Him and his massively-unpopular "government" can then be the saviours of the nation by dropping all Covid restrictions and giving 'happiness back to the people', before the vote.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" - Churchill.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You want people to behave normally and start living normally again? Then why don't you stop with the fear tactics? Why don't you legalize protests again? Why don't you bring back tourism without the dumb restrictions, so people can get back to work? 

The level of this man's hypocrisy and insincerity is something to behold. Does anyone buy his nonsense anymore? 

Unfortunately you have a small faction of the Thai population that hangs on his every word. 

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

He probably doesn't understand the fear Farang have of taking a covid test that may easily result in being frog marched off to a prison/hospital that'll cost  upwards of nearly two years salary of the average Thai.  

Well said - I know of  a couple of people that that has happened to, but fortunately they were covered by insurance. The hospital that they were carried off to, that I can not name because of defamation laws wanted to charge one tourist 19,000 baht for ONE stitch in a cut finger, so what they charged for a 2 week stay would probably pay for 2 Thais wages for a year! 

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

He probably doesn't understand the fear Farang have of taking a covid test that may easily result in being frog marched off to a prison/hospital that'll cost  upwards of nearly two years salary of the average Thai.  

If I get C19 and it isn't my fault they can take me to the hospital , Paying No

They can send me back home they're Not getting my Passport and or Visa Card in the hospital. I had 3 Jabs so there's no need to go to the hospital .

2 hours ago, BayArea said:

Unfortunately you have a small faction of the Thai population that hangs on his every word. 

At this time, likely no more than 2%. I know one woman who supports him. Nobody else. My wife's family has some government workers and they hate him too. Nobody else I know or speak with likes him. He is widely ridiculed and despised. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

Ahhh we are thinking time for Thailand to join the real world, then we see the phrase..

"Strict Preventative Measures"

And realise nothing is going to change ????????

Real world....?

I see many people entering department stores and supermarkets not bothering to check their temperature, sanitize their hands or enter their phone details.  Our local Tesco's has three entrances , none are manned. Often the bottle of sanitizer is empty and nobody asks for it to be refilled. 

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I totally agree.

As to "why is Thailand still restricting" ? I imagine it is the only way left to keep his unelected leadership, and to stop the populace showing their hatred towards him via mass demonstrations, illegal under the draconian "emergency decree", 

It’s all POWER