Skin or muscle? The choice facing COVID booster recipients in Thailand

webfact

I thought the side-effects of the second AZ jab were far worse than the Pfizer booster. In fact, that one didn't bother me at all, not even a sore arm afterwards, whereas the second AZ jab knocked me out completely for a day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jippytum said:

I have had two AZ injections and waiting to hear about the third booster date.

Now the medical experts i have relied upon for guidance are in effect saying ' we don't know what method is best for you so take pot luck and decide for yourself. So much for medical science thanks a bunch

This recommendation to give three options came from the Thai Public Health Ministry. Where do medical experts and medical science come into it? They are making it up as they go along.

• Like 2

A report saying that another side effect in the over 50s from the booster shot is Shingles i got shingles a week after mine and two more friends also got it. I was lucky and only had mild case right side on my back lasted 2 weeks . has anyone else heard this?  

• Like 2

1st Pfizer gave a bad stomach ( maybe some food) 2nd Pfizer,  2 weeks after the mother of all skin rashes across my chest hospitalized for 5 days with a drip antibiotic, diagnosed as an unspecified viral skin infection temperature on  admission 39.2,3rd Pfizer 2 weeks ago no problems.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

A little worse, i guess you havent read the research its a fact that those who are not vaccinated have a far higher risk 8 or more times to end up in a hospital. Next time do your research and don't spread misinformation. 

Also the whole point of the vaccination is to let your body respond to a foreign substance and that is what will give you the protection, but you cannot compare that to how you would feel if you really got the virus. 

At no time was I spreading misinformation, in other words, suggesting anything other than getting vaccinated, I was merely saying perhaps we should wrap them up in cotton wool if they are going to complain about the usual after effects of the mRNA vaccines or other for that matter.

I am well aware that the unvaccinated make up them majority of those dying, you don't have to be a rocket scientist, sometimes you have to read between the lines of what people are saying before you go pointing the finger, back at yah !

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/deaths

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The first is the full 30-microgram dose via intramuscular injection. The second is a half dose (15mcg) via the same method. And the third is a 10mcg dose via intradermal injection into the skin.

Are they all equally effective? I could guess no, but why must I guess? A 100%, 50% or 33% dose. Will they all be equally effective? Ok so there might be a difference in the side effects but for many people, being protected is worth a 24 hour headache.

Edited by Purdey
Typo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

I was not talking about deaths im talking about hospitalization. I think 8 or more times less chance to get in a hospital is not a little. It was the a little worse that I had a problem with. Maybe you did not mean it that way but so many seem to make light of Covid that im a bit sensitive to it at times. Sorry if you did not mean it that way.

It's all good, I can see where your coming from.

As for those choosing not to get vaccinated, well that is a different topic, however, so far with two doses I'm still here at 62, as for the booster, I am 5 months since my last vax and will hold off for another month to see what the score is. I mean I am pro-vax, but I have had the Influenza vax, Pneumonia booster and two Pfizers last year, with an antibody test stating my level has dropped to 994AU/mL which means it has waned.

The above said, I don't want to exhaust my immune system with a booster for as long as I can hold off, i.e. if I can have it as an annual shot, that would be my preference, and as Omicron is not as lethal as Delta and I am relatively fit and have B & T cells that can fight it, well, hopefully I will not be another statistic ending up in hospital, as I technically might be considered unvaccinated now ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

I got a Moderna booster (after Pfizer/Pfizer) at MedPark on Feb 5. They did not offer me any options ;-(

Hmmm.  I asked MedPark and learned that I was given 100ug (.5ml) of Moderna as the booster. I received my initial 2 Pfizer doses for free, but I paid for this one so I could receive it after six months. I'm a little surprised I got so much more than recommended, but I guess they gave me the dose I paid for and I only had a days worth of side effects.

I noticed that none of the certificates list dose size (at least not in English).  From reading other posts it sure seems like dose size is something we need to pay closer attention to in Thailand.  Now I'm wondering how that might work out regarding international recognition of the vaccines received here.

• Like 2

Had Sinovac with no side effects and probably no effects :biggrin:

Then AZ, nothing remarkable. can't remember.

Last was Moderna full dose (Dec 17).

That made a bit of discomfort around the injection (left upper arm).

Gone next day.

Did an "IgG" antibody test on Jan 3.

"8000 Au/ml". From the reaction of the lab assistant and numbers I saw at other sources this seems very high. (">50 positive" is shown on the report).

Will not go for any more stuff if the Omicron news don't change (and suspect I had it after New Year, three days of sore throat and cough).

7 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

There are some more side effects of mRNA vaccines, by the way:

Wonder whether people taking medication study the lists are eagerly as with the Covid vax.

An anti vaxxer/Covid denier told me some time ago that he had a bad stomach/diarrhea from food poisoning. Pharmacy gave him some pills (he had no idea what it was).

He told me the name.

A fluoroquinolone antibiotic!!! Stuff that can cripple you for lifetime with only one pill (category rare side effects).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

However the latest evidence suggests natural infection is greater than the vaccines, e.g. CDC recently admitting that they got it wrong, i.e. to mandate vaccines for those that got natural infection.

You misunderstood me, like i misunderstood you. Many say natural infection was the best but even that does not protect you. So if natural infection does not protect you vaccines are not great either.  So looks like covid is here to stay. Only good thing is that it has become omicron. But its a bit scary as many get long covid. i don't worry about getting covid, just about long covid. 

4 hours ago, rbkk said:

Most importantly, surely, is which of the options (All?) is recognized internationally for travel and will be shown and accepted overseas on the Intervac Vaccine Certificate issued by the Thailand Dept. Health.

Most important is what the manufacturer says what it is designed to do and method of injection.

What has the destination of travel got to do with anything?

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I was not talking about deaths im talking about hospitalization. I think 8 or more times less chance to get in a hospital is not a little. It was the a little worse that I had a problem with. Maybe you did not mean it that way but so many seem to make light of Covid that im a bit sensitive to it at times. Sorry if you did not mean it that way.

Yeah right. Tell

that to the Israelis who have lined up for their 4th shot. What research and misinformation are you referring to?

• Like 2